1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dress Socks for Sweaty Feet- Recommendations?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rox1, Jul 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lately I find myself having sweaty feet and it's so annoying and frustrating tbh!
    This is something new to me ( I don't know why, perhaps stress or toxins from bad eating habits ) so I never had to look for fancy socks and or shoes.
    I Would like to get some recommendations on socks that you have owned and your experiences with them.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Buy better quality dress socks. The pack of 3 for $9 will usually do what you're experiencing.

Try a pair of these.

#2 s land balla, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dockers dress socks

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

My first suggestion would be for you to try using foot powder or something like Shower to Shower.

1 person likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have the same problem. I use foot powder and sweat absorbing insoles.

1 person likes this.
  7. s land balla

Also make sure you put cedar wood shoetrees in your leather shoes when you're not wearing them, otherwise the moisture won't get absorbed.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I take my shoes off in the car and at work when I'm in the office. Keeps things fresh. If you're walking around downtown or something you're screwed.

1 person likes this.
  9. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Try ministry of supply. http://ministryofsupply.com/products/atlas-dress-socks

The socks wick moisture away and are breathable. I have five pairs and swear by them. Their other stuff is also good--own a number of shirts and pants that have been a godsend in 100 degree weather.

1 person likes this.
  10. s land balla

I just posted this above. Just curious, but how'd you hear about them? I came across their store while in Boston last year.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

$18 pair of socks...got some ballers on this board.

12. s land balla

I have learned to never be cheap on socks. For working out, I used to buy the jumbo 12-packs of Hanes from Wal-Mart for the longest time, but they were not very comfortable and it was already assumed that you would be throwing them out within a few months because of the holes.

I have a few pairs of Nike Dri-fit running socks over 10 years old which I still wear (and wash) to this day.

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I used to wear Smart Wool socks only, but I finally switched to Teko. Smart Wool socks are more expensive and the last 5 pairs I purchased shredded in just a few months. I think their quality has gone down. I never remembered them being so crappy. The Teko socks I purchased the last time I got Smart Wool socks (I was starting to get disappointed in Smart Wool) lasted about 5 times as long as the Smart Wool.

I also tried a brand called Darn Tough, but I absolutely hate those socks. After a few hours of wearing them, it feels like I just put on a disgusting sock from the previous day.

Check out Teko.

2 people like this.
  14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Socks is one of the things I will gladly pay good money for. Cheap socks just don't feel right.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go "Au naturel" breh!

Remember "Less" (pun intended) is more!....:eek:

:p

16. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I got involved in a kickstarter of theirs a number of years ago. Over the past couple years, I have really gotten into functional wear, and ministry of supply delivers that for a casual work environment.

For personal wear, I have found outlier, mission workshop, and nau as great options.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'm developing socks made out of the Shamwow material. Will give you a test pair when done.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My feet don't sweat. I guess that makes me lucky.

19. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Either way, you should get wooden shoe trees for you dress shoes. They'll absorb odors and keep your shoes in nice condition. That's the main concern with sweaty feet.

1 person likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1 person likes this.