1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ROXRAN, Oct 27, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Why is it that we believe our dreams no matter how silly they are? I mean have you ever stopped and said: no, uh no, this just doesn't happen...animals don't talk, and I never had this sports car before...I must be dreaming.

Also do you dream about something specific over and over? Anyone put thought on your dreams and what they mean? Maybe they don't mean a thing.

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
    And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
    And you may ask yourself-Well...How did I get here?

:p

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Well one dream I have over and over is the one where I'm just lying in bed and then all of a sudden I just fall out and I always wake up right before I hit. I usually wake up with like a real quick spasm or something.

The other real dream I have all the friggin time is I'm in school and I can never find my class (sometimes I'm in the same school from a previous dream) or if I know where the class is I have some big project to turn in and I'm always rushing to do it (although I never actually seem to do it or know what it's about) and usually I wake up some time before actually turning it in. That dream is so damn frustrating and when I wake up it normally take a few seconds before I finally realize it was just a dream and I don't have anything to turn in.

Most of my other dreams seem to involve fairly normal things just juxtaposed in a way that once you wake up and think about it it makes no sense whatsoever (i.e. no talking animals).

4. Rockettebustier

Roxran,im really glad you brought this up.

I had the most impressionable dream of my life the other night. I was sitting in the cockpit of one of the airplanes seconds before it was going to crash into the WTC. I was sitting on the airpalne dashboard looking into the passengers eyes and we all knew what was coming. I could feel the impact before it happened. then the dreamed reversed itself and went right back to that whole moment and scene before imapct again and again, then i woke up. It was so godamn real, it was like i was actually there in that plane. I dont know if it was from watching the whole damnable thing on tv over and over again or what but i was tripping out that morning.

Maybe dreams are just things that are left over in the consciousness from the previous day. Maybe if we live every moment so intensely and fully we won't dream at all.

#4 Rockettebustier, Oct 27, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2001
  5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Wow. Those are cool dreams (well, maybe except the WTC one -- :eek: ).

I'll submit my favorite recurring dream: I'm walking down the road on a windy, fall day. Leaves in the street, falling from the trees. And with a mere thought, I begin ascending into the air, flying like an angel. With concentration, I am able to descending back to the ground, and with another thought am propelled back into the air.

On windy days I am reminded of those dreams. I think it's great!