1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draft odds based on how the Rockets are currently playing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Unless Silas opts to start Theis again I feel like our odds of us having a better record than Pistons, Pelicans, Magic, and Thunder is pretty high. Them beating out a few other lottery teams seems also likely unless KPJ and Green come back and throw off the chemistry. I would just like to share last years odds chart. The odds should be the same just replace the teams for 2022 standings.

I see us falling in the Cleveland to Toronto range, hopefully not to Chicago where it takes a decent hit in chance.

[​IMG]

Hippieloser likes this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Trading Gordon will hurt the Rockets, based on how he's playing. Let's see if a deal happens there soon.

I also think people overestimate KPJ and Jalen Green, and I mean no disrespect because they are a big part of the future right now. They have a lot to learn in their respective roles and they will grow this year... But giving them big minutes will likely result in Houston's three-point percentage going down (I have hope for Green though).

You're right... I don't think the Rockets are going to be competing for dead last anymore, but I also don't yet believe this is a play-in tournament team.

A lot should change as we get nearer to the deadline.

3. NewAge

NewAge Member

They also may decide to play hardball with Gary Bird when his days expire. They did it with House and the team was actually trying to win then… Stuffing GarMat in the G-league will help draft position, too…

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we keep it up and I think we'll be drafting this guy

Two Sandwiches, entaro, Milos and 8 others like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Zero excuse for us to not be competing for dead last.

We will see where we land, but Stone is really disappointing this year.

clos4life and daywalker02 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hes good
    btw why all the players on their team are called Fisher? are related or what?

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Is that Sengun before he lost all his weight?

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Luka in 2025

10. HardenVolumeOne

first part of that video, : dumb announcer says.. most kids wanna be steph curry" .. ugh no they dont, in fact if adam sissyslipper didnt change the rules this year their would have been even more harden clones around the league.

stop pushing this myth that the 3 point revolution started with curry. NO IT STARTED WHEN THE ROCKETS IN 2013 SET AN NBA RECORD FOR 3;'S MADE AGAINIST THE WARRIORS in the toyota center

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

regardless, that guy is dishing dimes and we need a point guard

hakeem94 and theDude like this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Draft schmaft!!! Forget about all of that. This team is better than we thought it would be. If KPJ and Green were not out we would probably still be on that winning streak. Let's make the necessary trades without gutting the team too much and go for it. I think they could make the playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think them being out is the reason for the winning streak. Green has been pretty bad on both sides and KPJ is inconsistent and huge ball stopper. A large share of KPJ's playmaking has been deferred to Senguin,

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Future of Rockets is Sengun point center with KPJ as secondary gaurd. KPJ and Green will both just be scorers off Sengun play making. They both better star learning how to play off ball and cut hard.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No. Its actually a fishing college. They are all fishermen.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is insulting, for me its homecourt advantage or i am gonna boycot watching rockets games
    [​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Go for it when we have no legit point guard and wall big a$$ contact hindering us? Folks and their short term thinking just making playoffs is positive thing. We aren't dead last but I rather not see us get destroyed in playoffs relying on Eric Gordon to b our "harden" vs the suns/thunders.

Cause right now rookies aren't being played as much and it's just riding Eric Gordon to squeeze out wins.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Its Seguin.

Plowman likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wood recent decline in play is due to KPJ being out. I just dont get this Green is bad narrative. It's just not true, no matter how much Mobley fans want him to be. How many other rookies have scored 30 points in a game this season? We knew what we were getting when we got Green. Trust me, he will blow the competition out of the water once he returns. He has yet to play a full game with the new spacing.
    I know they both could have at least been good for a combined 20+ points in those losses which would have won both gamee.