1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dr Doom in the HOF

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by the shark, Feb 4, 2018.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Congrats to Robert Brazile FINALLY making it to the HOF!!!!

2. the shark

the shark Member

3. Nook

Nook Member

Well deserved. I think a lot of people just assumed he was in the Hall of Fame already.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This really warms my heart. I used to have a Brazile t-shirt as a kid and I wore that thing everywhere. Congrats Dr. DOOM!!

I really wish we could get the Oilers colors and name back in Houston where it belongs.

the shark likes this.
  5. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Very cool. I remember him visiting my classroom when I was in 2nd grade.

texian and the shark like this.
  6. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

A travesty that it took this long. Ten year career, never missed a game, 1975 Defensive Rookie of the Year, 7 straight Pro Bowls, 6 time All-Pro, member of the NFL's All-Decade Team for the '70's. He was the only linebacker from that All-Decade Team not elected. While he, Elvin Bethea and Curly Culp are all finally in, it never should have taken that long for all 3 of them to make it.

Congratulations, Dr. Doom!

the shark and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm convinced that will never happen. But the team history being transferred to the Texans could happen, I think.

the shark and macho GRANDE like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Had he played in Pittsburgh or Oakland or Dallas or NY, he would have been a first ballot Hall of Famer.

I also find it sad that the Oilers history isn’t linked to the Texans because those guys played in Houston and they have become largely forgotten.

Colt45 and the shark like this.
  9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think that horse left the barn back in the 90s. If it didn't happen then, I don't think it will ever happen.

As for the colors, yeah, definitely not happening.

A good way to stop that from happening would be for stadium building agreements to include clauses about the team colors/history/logos etc being non-transferable to another city. If you want to move, you're gonna have to re-brand and leave your franchise legacy behind.

Nook likes this.