1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dorsey's first Vipers game

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by DaDakota, Nov 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Vipers lost to the Toros last night and here is Joey Dorsey's stat line.

FG 3-9 for 33%
    Rebounds 15

And now for something completely different.

FTs....1 for 9 for .111%

A grand total of 7 points.

Either he picks it up, a lot, or he is not going to see an NBA court, ever.

Right now he is lucky to have a guaranteed contract, just not an NBA player.

DD

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ray Lewis with a Burger Flipper.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sometimes I hit; sometimes I miss.

4. DaDakota

True, he is about 50% in the 2nd round...which is WAY above average......

DD

5. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

His rebounding is spectacular,by contrast,his FTs are really horrific,1 for 7 from the freethrow line,well,he gotta put more work on his FTs,otherwise,he will never ever come back to see his minutes in NBA.

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Did you watch the game? Any insight on how he played?

He was supposed to play similar to Ben Wallace. That looks similar to a Big Ben stat line which means not much can be drawn from this without further analysis.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I see more positives in that game than you probably. He got fouled alot which means he's going strong to the basket. The 15 rebs means he's chasing down boards. Chuck is a terrible free throw shooter and didn't really blow d-league either. I know what morey was thinking when he drafted dorsey, i just thought deandre jordan was more of what we couldve used. A raw 7 ft 260 lbs athletic type that had alot of room to gow vs a raw 6'6 athlete that was 25.

8. DaDakota

I did not. I missed that Toros game last night, went out with friends instead...I didn't even realize the Vipers were playing otherwise I would have gone to the game and gotten a more detailed report.

DD

9. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I remember watching Joey Dorsey in memphis and saying to myself he is going to be a great defensive player, apparently Morey thought the same thing.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Morey is doing alright with 2nd rounders. He picks up at least 1 rotation player each year. For 2008, he may have traded it away in Greene, but we got Artest. This is Dorsey's rookie year, since he lost last season to injury.

Landry(contributor)
    Newley(bust)

Dorsey(injured in rookie year, wait and see)
    Leunen(bust)
    Greene(contributor for the Kings)

Budinger(contributor)
    Taylor(waiting game)
    Llull(waiting game)

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I expect those numbers. He does not have an offensive game. He's a rebounding machine though.

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Temple had a bad game.
    Mike Harris got things going with 20 pts, 5 rbs, and a 1 stl. He's a borderline NBA player.

Alan Anderson, the Vipers 1st round draft pick at #12, did very well. Morey was looking at drafting him in the 2nd round, but ultimately went with Budinger, Taylor and Llull. He could be another Morey gem, if he develops a 3pt shot.

[​IMG]

13. pillardsap

pillardsap Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I went to the game last night just to see Dorsey play. He was on the bench an awful lot, and I was shocked to see all the rebounds he got in this mornings paper. Seemed he was doing nothing out there. The coaches seemed to favor this really tall guy Looby to Joey. Joey pranced around like he was the team star when he was in, but certainly was not. He looked lost on both sides of the floor.

1 person likes this.
  14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree.

15. DaDakota

Greene was a first round pick.

DD

16. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

You guys are just. Sooo idk what the word is.. To me those look like Chuck Hayes numbers. So what he doesn't have blazing stats. Everyone has a role on the team. Management needs to find a role for him and see if he can be suitable for that. Hell we have Trevor Ariza has our go 2 guy for now. Hmmm you think he is perfect for that role no. Chuck Hayes wasn't sooo good when he first started now look at him.. Give da man a damn chance.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The difference between Hayes and Dorsey has very little to do with individual stats.

18. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

My whole thing was let the man play and see if he belongs. Hell Chuck Hayes was cut from the Rockets and brought back. He saw time on the court before we known he was a decent low post defender and good rebounder. Hell he missed open easy layups for crying out loud.

Dorsey on the other hand is taller and maybe stronger. He dunks. Doesnt lay the ball up. Yeah it is a different coach but guys saying he sucks should be careful. People that get drafted by the rockets and traded who so call suck turn out to be good or decent.. Richard Jefferson...R. Lewis.. Hmmmm Will dorsey be on that list.

19. Remix

Remix Member

dorsey is playing in the wrong league. he should be in the nfl not the nba

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Doesn't mean anything if you can't hit your free throw and make them pay for fouling you. On top of that he was 3/9 and had 4 TOs. Only positive I see if the 15 rebs.