1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Ever b**** About Conspiracies Again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Almu, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Todd MacCoullough and Aaron Williams on Shaquille O'Neal.

Feel free to wince, cause O'Neal is going to explode this series.

The Nets barely beat the Lakers w/o O'Neal, and took six games to finish off a Boston squad that's not much better thant he injured Rockets.

The Nets are toast.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, like those who applaud or laugh after someone gets elbowed in the face. Go suck donkey balls you ****ing donkey ball sucking b****. I hope somebody punches you in the face tomorrow...better yet, I hope I'm there so I can laugh at your pathetic donkey ball sucking ass.

3. Timing

Timing Member

This has got to be the quote of the year. LMAO!

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The only thing I've heard about you for the past week is that Walker three and something about Bavetta hoisting up the trophy. I'd mix up my thoughts before telling someone to shut up about theirs...

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Best quote in the history of the BBS. :D

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Pardon me while I laugh my ass off at that statement! Philly matched up real well with the Lakers last year too...right?

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

As frustrating as it was to watch the Lakers do what they did tonight, there is still NO excuse for one team to shoot 52 to 53% at the free throw line. Period.

Yea, the Kings got jobbed by Bavetta in Game 6 and that Samaki Walker shot in game 4 is always going to rank as one of the worst calls in letting a blatantly late shot count.

However, all the Kings have to do is hit one more free throw...Bibby missed some, Turkoglu missed some, Divac missed some, even Sam Lacey missed some.

They have no one to blame for this game except for themselves.

*Yawn* another exciting finals and another one that I won't watch.

8. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

It's just a game. No need to complain about anything.

This game (not the series) i can carelss about the past, But game 7 was very enjoyable and entertaining.

Maybe the most entertaining in my life.

I was mad for 15 minutes after the game, but I realized that its just a game, it's practically free entertainment for me. Its probably the best 3 hour long "movie" I have ever seen.

Despite all the bickering with the Referee' situation, I can truely say The Lakers deserve all they have done.

This is coming from a pretty die hard(was even more Die hard when Jason Williams was around), which says a lot, because I usually take games more serious than this.

Enjoy life while you can. no need for all this extra BS , that us fans come up with.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'm a man of few words. Other people have been pitching a Garnett trade for a month.

I notice you don't say I'm wrong.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Funny how Rockets fans can turn against each other sometimes.

I'm not happy Bibby got punched. He was holding Kobe as well and Kobe was just trying to get free. If Kobe had actually tried to punch Bibby then I would have been disappointed. I've never wished an injury upon a fellow human being. I apologize if that is how it came out.

Like I said, maybe sometimes we forget that all of here have one thing in common. But I guess to each our own...

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

By telling you to shut up about it or something? I really doubt you'd do that... :p

12. mhan

mhan Member

how was walker's shot blatantly late? it was EXTREMELY CLOSE. you'll notice not one king questioned the call, hell, adelman said that he didn't even know the shot was late until after the game. it's a case for replay, not a conspiracy. sheesh, and i guess you guys missed the screw job in game two by the refs in favor of the kings, and the screw job in game five. lol! if the league really wanted the lakers to advance, don't you think they wouldn't have left it up to chance like that? or do you think they anticipated that kobe would miss his shot, shaq would miss his putback, and vlade would poke the ball out to horry for a last second three in game four? wouldn't it have made more sense, if the refs were trying to give the lakers game four, to have called the foul on kobe as he drove, or the foul on shaq by vlade on the put back rather than depending on a lucky play (not a lucky shot, lucky play). i mean sheesh. take off your laker hater blinders and recognize that BOTH TEAMS HAVE GOTTEN SCREWED BY THE REFS. game seven was the best officiated game of the series (i loved how they didn't call a single flop, on either the kings or the lakers) and the lakers won. bottom line.

13. Nellie

Nellie Member

I understand where you are coming from in theory. But the fact that can't be argued is that an elbow to the face is even illegal in hockey and a ref was looking straight at it and did nothing. That by definition is an offensive foul and could even be considered a flagarant one. If you or the NBA doesn't want to hear conspiracy theories, maybe they shouldn't miss calls like that and admit it when they do. The NBA complete silence to accountability is what makes it look guilty.

14. Timing

Timing Member

Bottom line is that you're full of it. You're choosing to dismiss the obvious bias from officials towards the Lakers and you're using the proposition of a laughable conspiracy theory to do it. It can't be anything more subtle than a flat out league conspiracy because then you'd have to acknowledge that the Lakers get more calls than any team in the league.

Tell me oh wise one, speaker of the truth, how can Doug Christie be called for a foul on Kobe at the end of game 6 with the game on the line when he literally did not touch him? What is it that a ref sees that causes him to call a foul where clearly one didn't occur? What is the psychology of that call? Did he see contact or did he see that big #8 on the yellow jersey? Tell me also how when the Lakers are down big and they press, they're never called for the type of touch fouls that the Kings were called for during the entire 4th quarter of game 6? Why is it when they're pressing and fouling all over the court to make a furious comeback that the officials put the whistles in their pockets? It happened against the Spurs a few times and it happened against the Kings too. The truth is that officials read the papers, they hear Phil Jackson b****ing in the press, and they know who the league's stars are. That's why Kobe and Shaq get the superstar calls in critical circumstances and games. That's why when Webber reaches in to tie up Kobe and Kobe swings an elbow right at Webber which he reacts to, Webber gets the tech and Kobe doesn't even though the situation calls for a double tech. The Lakers get the benefit of the doubt and it's clear as day to anyone with two eyes, despite how much you want to mutter and stammer about how poor lil Shaq wasn't allowed to throw people out of the lane all series long. Who can't win when you only get one foul called on you for every three elbows to the face you throw? Do you think if Christie elbowed Kobe in the face three times that he'd only get one foul called on him? Yeah right.

15. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Kobe was bearhugged on that play. The refs could have called that a foul, but didn't. So I have no problem with the elbow no call.

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Kobe was not bearhugged on that last play, I'll admit Bibby was playing very close but kobe ran over him with no regard for the guy.

Game 7, Kobe was getting up like Bibby was on him the game before and gets called for a foul. His expression was to throw his hands in the air as if you say you called a foul on me, Kobe Bryant, aka Michael Jordan's younger brother.

The Lakers make me sick. Kobe has a smug, arrogant attitude and then theres Shaq who is good because he outweighs most centers in the league by 70-80 pounds. I'm sorry but NBC is a disgrace. They are partly responsible for Kobe being promoted like MJ, but that does not mean he should get calls like Jordan.

Kobe is no better than Mcgrady, except Kobe plays with Shaq, while Mcgrady carries his Magic alone. Yet NBC and the NBA think Kobe is the next coming.

Last night, Shaq actually hit some good shots and made his free throws, but until he shows me he has a lot more skill he nowhere near approaches the best centers of all time.

Same thing for Jackson. Take over a rebuilding team, Phil and see how life is. Auerbach kicks your butt at coaching and everybody knows it. You may be a good motivator, but is it really hard to motivate arguably the two best players in the NBA? :rolleyes:

#36 DVauthrin, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  17. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Ah the hate! :D I said it before, I'll say it again: once again, the Fakers rule the NBA. Next year could be different, but I wouldn't count on it. In spite of their weaknesses (especially the injuries this year), they do what is necessary to win games.

I hate 'em like everyone else, but my hat's off to them.

18. mhan

mhan Member

you know what i saw in the series? kobe bryant getting hacked and held by doug christy and other kings with few calls in his favor. i saw bibby getting touch fouls called for him. i saw illegal screens many a time on the pick and roll situations that the kings ran with only one call on it. i saw shaq getting three laughably stupid offensive foul calls in game two. on two of those, vlade was falling BEFORE contact was even made, and the one called on shaq with pollard on him was baffling. he gets the ball, takes one dribble without even backing pollard down in the high post, and tweet! i saw shaq getting hacked and pushed with nary a call in game five, while he got fouled out with two of his fouls being extremely questionable.

take off your ****ing blinders. the refs did not lose this series for the kings. they lost it for themselves. the kings, i believe, actually shot MORE FTS in the series than the lakers did. 204-185. the total fouls? kings had 144 to the lakers 153. those include the blatant screw job of game six. in the kings three wins, they got a total of 43 extra fts. in the lakers four wins, they got a total of 24 extra fts. that is with one more win than the kings. so take off the hate colored glasses and watch the game with a little less bias, and you will see that BOTH TEAMS GOT SCREWED, not just one.

19. Timing

Timing Member

Originally posted by mhan
    you know what i saw in the series?

I know what you saw, you saw what you wanted to see. You see Kobe all year long getting every single call and you're shocked that they allow Doug Christie to actually try to defend him like everyone else in the league is defended. You see Shaq throwing people all over the court the entire year and then you see them actually calling a foul on him when he knocks people over. You saw Vlade flopping on Shaq's spin move like any smart defender in the league flops when someone spins across their body, including Kobe, Fox, and Horry. You saw the Kings shoot more free throws because they have 7 players who go to the basket unlike the Lakers who have 2 guys who drive with everyone else spotting up. By your theory every team in the league should shoot the same amount of free throws which of course is ridiculous. You saw the officials bury the whistle when the Lakers needed to make a big run to get into a game, just like in the prior series. You saw Bibby playing smart ball by pushing the ball up the court when a defender was trying to play him tightly, therefore forcing the action and drawing a foul kind of like Kobe does when he drives into a defender and hangs in the air to draw as much contact as possible before throwing up a shot. You saw Vlade foul out three times in this series when he only fouled out once all year long, you'll never guess who that was against. I don't know what else to say but that you're so enamored with this little whiny b**** act that you can't handle the fact that the Lakers benefit greatly from the officiating in every series they play.

The fact is however that the Lakers won the series and made big plays when the game was on the line. Jackson outcoached Adelman in a huge way in game 7 and the experience of the Lakers carried them while the weaknesses of the Kings were finally exposed. The big but is that if the Lakers played by the rules that every team in the league plays by they'd be "gone fishing" right now.

#39 Timing, Jun 3, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2002
  20. mhan

mhan Member

omg! people fouling out against shaquille o'neal, the most ****ing dominant center in the league, by at least a couple of factors of ten! stop the presses! stupid bull****. is it all that surprising that vlade was fouling out when shaq has a history of getting frontlines in major foul trouble?

the screw job went both ways. don't try to make it out like it favored the lakers. like i pointed out, the kings shot way more fts in their three wins than the lakers did in their four. doesn't that imply the kings were getting a little help themselves? sheesh.