1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't Ever b**** About Conspiracies Again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Almu, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I have been here a long time trying to fight all this conspiracy crap...so before everyone says "AGAIN!?", I submit proof number 19,387

Every player is b****ing. Every player is being hacked. But when you you miss 50 percent of your free-throws then LOSE the game...don't tell me the refs didn't help out the Kings tonight. They got all the calls and missed all the free throws. I was screaming at the screen to hit the damn free-throws. SCREAMING. Then Kobe hits two crucial. Bet the freakin Kings miss. GOD!!!!!! Even Shaq hit the damn free-throws!!! Someone please clone Bibby if you are the Kings. PLEEEEZE! Lakers make 25 of 27 throws down the stretch. Kings had their chance just hitting on 75 percent and they are on their way to the finals! Refs were fair all the way and then some. Home court was there. Big call against Kobe at the end of regulation. Bibby ties the game.

Next time, try and hit your free-throws. Please? Or clone Bibby next year. GO NETS!

Stay tuned for some more proof at later dates. ;)

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

AGAIN?!

3. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

You hate me don't you Clutch? ;)

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If not for the fix in game six, it never comes down to those free throws.

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Free Throws.

The Lakers made them like champs.

The Kings clanked them like chumps.

Bibby is the only player worth a damn in crunchtime on the Kings.

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Get out of here Almu with your common sense and logic and rational thinking!

7. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Cat, the fix was in for game 5 also. Go look at the free-throw attempts again. By the way, if its fixed, why you watch? Big fan of wrestling too?

8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

That was the NBA championship game. The Nets stand no chance, especially considering the calls the Lakers get. Missed free throws? Yes. But three of the fouls that were called against Vlade Divacs were awful, just awful. O'Neill charged left and he charged right. No call. No worry. :mad:

9. The Cat

Game 5 was a fairly officiated game, maybe even biased for LA. The Kings were the more aggressive team, and did more in terms of taking it inside. I don't know if I will watch anymore... I don't know if it's worth the fun of watching a game for 40 minutes only to see it taken away in the final eight.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Shut up about game 5. If you want to go farther back, look at Walker's 3-pointer in game 4. The officiating in game 6 was some of the most iniquitous ever in a playoff game. There shouldn't have been a game 7. Period. When the Lakers win the championship, Dick Bavetta should be the one hoisting the trophy.

#10 Drexlerfan22, Jun 2, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2002
  11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Some of us are truly pathetic.

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Give me a break man, stop with this conspiracy bull****. The refs were bad for both teams. Look at game five man. Your hatred for the Lakers has made you go crazy or something. If there was a "fix" the Celtics would've also won so they couldve had a game 7 too. If the league wanted to fix games then the Rockets wouldve never won a championship.

Also, why are you quoting a man who is one of the biggest whiners and cry babies in the league?? Why dont you quote the guy who gave you your name?

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I completely disagree, I think the Nets match-up very well with the Lakers. Remember at the start of the season I called the Nets the "Sacramento Kings of the East". The key in that series is Kenyon Martin. If Kenyon has a big series it's going to be really tough on the Lakers frontcourt. The Lakers have trouble with penetrating backcourts and I think that Kidd is an upgraded version of Bibby. Kidd should have been the league MVP. The Nets are also an explosive team from the perimeter, so if they get hot watch out. The Nets were clearly far superior then any team in the East, so lumping them in as an average East team isn't fair. The Nets have a fine bench, and depth at the center spot. That's going to be a TOUGH series for the Lakers.

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Vlade has something to complain about. As opposed to Shaq, who accuses the Kings of cheating when someone actually calls a charge on him.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Lakers won games 1 and 7. Game 4 was evenly played but the Lakers benefitted from a terrible non-call at the end of the first half that gave them an extra 3 points and the win. Game 6 was a gift for the Lakers. The Kings won games 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 but lose the series 3-4. I think it will be hard to convince most of us that the Lakers win the series if the games are called the way basketball is supposed to be called.

That said, I was really disappointed in the Kings shooting and shot selection in the clutch moments of game 7.

16. x34

x34 Member

Yep. Although Sac had the best chance of any team to beat the Lakers, I think counting the Nets out before the series even begins is very shortsighted.

I'm sure NJ will be looking to emulate some of the things that the Kings did successfully against the Lakers.

Let's just hope they hit their free throws...

17. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

Amen brother. Reading some of the posts in this thread make me sick.

18. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i completely agree with the cat. the lakers won this one fairly, but there should never have been "this one" because game six should have gone to sacramento, it's just that playoff MVP dick bavetta is playin for los angeles.

i'm not sure if i really want to watch the nba finals this year...i probably have better things to do then watch the lakers win it again.

19. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

RocksMillenium,

Kidd can have big shooting games, but is not nearly as consistent as Bibby. When Kidd's shot is off, it looks almost as bad as Doug Christie's.

Mango

20. The Cat

The Nets can't win this series unless Kenyon Martin has the series of his life. The Nets have some simularities to the Kings, but the one main difference is that they can't get a basket down low consistently. Webber obviously has that jump hook in the low post, and Divac has enough finesse to be able to score down low, even against Shaq. Maccullough just doesn't have the quick hands of Vlade, and Martin isn't as effective down low as Webber. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if this series went seven... knowing these officials, they will give the Nets every opportunity to make the series interesting and hopefully to another deciding game.