1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Don't buy your drugs from this man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by distence, Jul 26, 2005.

1. distence

distence Contributing Member

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

PAPER: Bin Laden Had Plan To Sell Poisoned Cocaine To Americans In 2002
    Tue Jul 26 2005 09:43:35 ET

Osama bin Laden tried to buy a massive amount of cocaine, spike it with poison and sell it in the United States, hoping to kill thousands of Americans one year after the 9/11 attacks, the NEW YORK POST reported on Tuesday.

The evil plot failed when the Colombian drug lords bin Laden approached decided it would be bad for their business - and, possibly, for their own health, according to law-enforcement sources familiar with the Drug Enforcement Administration's probe of the aborted transaction.

The feds were told of the scheme earlier this year, but its existence had never been made public.

The Post has reviewed a document detailing the DEA's findings in the matter, in addition to interviewing sources familiar with the case.

Developing...

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I could see this happening on one had, but I agree it would be bad for business...Ask this guy...

[​IMG]

But seriously, that is some crazy sh*t...To be able to continue his rampage on American soil...Lesson to be learned: Don't do Drugs...

3. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

This really wouldn't be all that bad of a thing. It would help weed out all of the coke head scumbags we have in this country. You know the type.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Interesting he chose cocaine instead of another drug.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If he wanted to clean this country out, he would have chosen OxyContin.

6. langal

langal Contributing Member

Tony Montana would kick Osama's a**!

sorry - that pic got me pumped up.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought they were gonna say Ollie North
    or the CIA

Rocket River

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Oh, ok. Now we know that the war on drugs is really the war on terrorism. Any criticism of the drug war or the Patriot Act essentially means you not only are pro-terrorist, but pro-crack abuse and vice versa.

Also if we weren't scared about Rice with her "mushroom cloud" and Bush with his "deadly gases" claim, now we have Bin Laden about to poison the whole country with cocaine.

Of course the only protection from these scourges is to support President, our troops and our drug agents.

Does this mean the faithful can no longer be frightened with talk of toy gliders with nukes? Are their fears of non-existent wmd abating?

Perhaps they can go back to Dr. Strangelove and say that Bin Laden has a plot to lower the sperm count of red blooded American males?

Sort of funny, if so many were not having their trust in Bush and his media corp like Fox and Drudge abused

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Let me be clear Bin Laden while whacking off ofrblissed out from a diabetic near coma from fasting and 48 hours of reading wierd interpretations of the Koran or whatever may very well fantacize about killing off the US with poisoned cocaine.

Likewise, I'm sure our CIA or someone has talked or fantasized about killing off the Taliban and OBL with poisoned poppies, now that our policies have had the blow back effect of increasing the Afgan poppy production to record levels.

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

This sounds like something Montgomery Burns would come up with.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This is the stupidest thing I've ever ****ing heard in my life. I can't even begin to list all of the things wrong with such a plan. Either Bin Laden is a complete moron from whom we have nothing to fear, or the DEA are morons for believing this story.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bin Laden's corp of evil scientists have also been working on p*rnography that leaves you blind and impotent.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If you do manage to begin a list somehow, I'd be curious to see what the holes in the plan are. I know one is that the cartels won't go along with it, which is what killed it in the first place. What else?

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

funny thing
    IF Bin Laden f*cks up the drug trade
    the cartels WILL KILL HIM

while our government cannot seem to accomplish this

Rocket River

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, there's also the fact that a truly ENORMOUS amount would have to be purchased to do ANYTHING of consequence. As you may know, cocaine is insanely expensive, particularly straight from the cartels before it has been "cut." You see, if people snort this poisoned coke and it kills them, word is going to get out that it's poisoned IMMEDIATELY. But if it's an undetectable amount of poison, so small that people don't realize something is wrong with their coke, then they'll have to snort a whole bunch of it before they feel any ill effects. To manage to kill even hundreds of people, Bin Laden would need to spend a truly exhorbitant amount of money just on the cocaine, and then he's got to buy all of the poison, too.

That's, of course, only if he uses some sort of poison that kills you relatively quickly, like after a snort or two. Otherwise he'd have to KEEP buying cocaine AND poison to slowly kill people off over a long period of time, and of course people would have to not realize that something was wrong with their coke. It doesn't seem to me like it would be very "terrifying" if you slowly died over a few years of snorting coke. But of course, if he used some sort of poison that killed you quickly, word would spread that something's up with this cocaine and people would simply switch to other drugs.

Then of course there's the fact that cocaine is already "cut" with poisons all the time. Nothing you can buy on the street is pure cocaine; along the lines of smuggling and sales, it is "cut" with stuff like AJAX and other dissolvable (and toxic) chemicals to increase the amount of stuff they're selling. So, this would of course even further reduce the amount of poison entering your system, not to mention the fact that it better be a more potent sort of poison than, say, AJAX, since people are already snorting that every day.

Let's say Bin Laden DOES find a way to actually poison the coke successfully. You're telling me he ALSO has his own distribution network set up in the United States to sell it? Big-time dealers are just going to let Al Quida dealers come in and start selling on their turf? LAUGHABLE. The chain of commerce between Columbia and the streets of America is FIRMLY ESTABLISHED and any mucking around, trying to cut out the middle men, is going to result in bloodshed.

Additionally, a very large percentage of cocaine isn't snorted, it's smoked either in crack form or freebased in powder form. So for it to still work the poison would have to still work after the cocaine was cooked into rock or smoked.

So, even if Bin Laden was STUPID enough to SOMEHOW think the cartels would be keen on him DESTROYING THEIR MARKET, those are just a few reasons I can think of off of the top of my head that this scheme would never, ever, ever be feasible.

#15 Hippieloser, Jul 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  16. Major

Major Member

For starters, if AQ is going to try to kill off a large number of people, targetting drug users probably isn't the way to go. They want random death to create fear (thus, the subway killings, etc). If you can figure out a way to avoid the danger (by avoiding drugs), then AQ doesn't get the intended effect.

But let's say the plan worked and poison-infested drugs got into the US... eventually, it would be discovered, and everyone would be scared to use cocaine. In the long run, it would only help the war on drugs and save the US money to spend on the war on AQ.

If anything, I'm surprised the DEA didn't leak this story a few years ago as something that might be in the works. That might have scared off at least a bit of the cocaine demand for a short time.

17. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I know lots of people that do coke... and they are just like you and me.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Osama's plan was ruined by just one American hero.

19. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Yeah, and IMO, they are the worst kind.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i was gonna say the same thing.