1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas ROCKETS vs PACERS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

16 points
    20 min.
    7/12 FG

Dmo played well with and without the ball today, he seems to know when & how to get to the right spots on offense. He is also showing more effort compared to last year on his rebounding skills. His post-up moves looked too easy (you can tell he has benefited from working with dream) even though he already had a nice post-up game post previously. His defense & foul trouble is something he still needs to work on of course but I don’t think it’s as bad as people portray it to be on clutch fans. Lin and him looked very strong in that second unit and showed potential of a successful chemistry they can have throughout this season. This team can be something special this season playing a (full 48 minutes) whether starters or second unit players are on the floor, the potential is definitely there. Keep in mind we have yet to see Asik, Garcia, & Smith also.

ps. Just thought I would bring something to attention from the game besides the whole BEV. VS LIN debate lol GO ROCKETS!! :cool:

2. bmd

bmd Member

I'm convinced Motiejunas should get minutes over Jones.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Most of those points came in the second half when the pressure wasn't really on. Hard to tell whether the pacers had given up at that point. I thought he had a pretty lousy first half. He did have one monster rebound though which really impressed me.

4. BBAAB

BBAAB Rookie

My concern with DMo has never been talent. He makes things look so easy offensively, when his shot is on.

My concern, however, is consistency. Not consistency in effort. But consistency in his shot. Not 3pt shot, as big man develop this later, and as their body matures it'll become more consistent.

My concern, is that his has two many types of shots and moves in the basket. Let's contrast him with Mo Taylor, who only had that baby hook turning over his left shoulder. But he perfected it, and it was money. Or Patrick Patterson, who has little post moves he can count on, but his mid-range jumper is even more money than LaMarcus Aldridge.

Case in point: DMo 6 foot right-handed flick-hook in the 4th quarter (?). Looked effortless and beautiful when it went in, but I cringed when he took the shot. He just has too many types of shots with too many types of form in the paint that it's hard to perfect them all. Yao had one type of hook shot with each hand. Even Luis Scola, after ice-cream scooping and Argentinian-shaking his way to the rim, basically finishes with the two or three moves at the rim using his right hand.

But DMo has way too many moves, because he's so talented and so 'amphibious', these shots become too inconsistent. Great when it goes in, and it typically goes in at a reasonable enough rate to give hope to keep doing it, but what it does is delay DMo perfecting that 2 to 3 go to moves to that he uses all the time that should elevate him to finishing 65%+ from in the post.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like Dmo off the bench as the primary post option alongside Asik. He is not a reliable enough 3 point shooter to play stretch four in the starting lineup. He is too talented offensively in the post to not use.

1 person likes this.
  6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

The box score looks great, i thought he played incredibly bad though. He's awful on defense, he has a very nice touch but I think Terrence jones is the starting 4

1 person likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kevin McHale did just fine with his many moves.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Did you see how everything reversed between him and Jones..

Starting:
    Dmo 0-3 4pts, 6rbs, 3ast and 3to's
    Jon 2-4 5pts, 7rbs, 0ast and 2to's

Come off the bench:
    Dmo 7-12 16pts, 3rbs, 0ast and 1to
    Jones 5-7, 13pts, 5rbs, 0ast and 1to

Both players played solid with the starters and coming off the bench.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Question why do fans hype of the players they like. Pimp Jones played pretty good when he came off the bench. But you didnt start a thread hyping him up.

10. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

this is all in your head. shut up.

11. omgTHEpotential

Now that's some interesting statistics.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now that he did alright off the bench he isn't starter material any longer?
    Guys are funny.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

watch what you say to people on here. The last time I told someone to shut up, Clutch banned me for a week. I dont take things serious around here so I am not going to run and report ya. But I never ever held a convo with you on here, so dont come at me like that playa.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His lack of rebounding, inconsistency and personal fouls do still hold him back

15. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Did you see who was guarding him on the bench unit? And who he was guarding?

He's too soft to play with the big boys. Let him score on the 2nd unit.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

D-Mo has a ways to go. He's a finesse player that doesn't like contact. That will work in the NBA, but you better be damn good at it. He may really blossom when he's about 30 years old.

17. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

^^^^^^^ This

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a giant poor man's Scola. He isn't really the winner Scola was.

About the same or less footwork and dance. More spinning and more baby hooks.
    Not much defensive intensity and still has to consistently rebound about 8 a game.
    Runs the floor darn well, has some fancy moves, works harder than Royce.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

Dude why come at me like that ? first of all I ways talk high on jones and have posted in plenty of threads jones is the better player previously... this morning dmo showed me something so I was just giving credit where it was due. I've never talked bad about jones once in clutch fans, I didn't make this thread to start a debate take to that "dmo vs jones" thread please

20. windwave

windwave Member

His slam dunk fall was a bit scary, almost Bogut-like. Lucily he didn't hurt his wrist/arm. Shouldn't break his fall with just one arm, it's very dangerous. He should just land on his arse.