1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does some one know more about this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

"The Pistons are also looking for another perimeter player, having been foiled in their attempts to land Houston's Bonzi Wells and Toronto's Morris Peterson. Jaric's contract has one year less to run than Mohammed's in same price bracket, so the teams would be swapping problems if this trade goes through."

i mean if don't play him, why not get MoOhammad for him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2731833

2. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

bonz is more valuable, and better.

3. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I respect Joe Dumars, because he's a good guy, but he must be really dumb or disrespectful to think that CD would fall for his desperate sale tactics

Are you kidding me? Bonzi was CD's best sale job ever. Better than screwing Weisbrod, better than getting Jon Barry and almost as good as stealing Battier from Jerry West.

What happens with these GM's like West and Dumars who have had success in the past, is they get too cocky and they think they can pull off any deal.

Reality is, they become less effective because other teams don't want to get taken advantage off.

That's why old fashioned GM's like CD who are respectful and respected will never lose their luster to these Colangelo types

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Have you checked out Mohammed's stats for the last 9 games? The guy has been really really bad.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

they don't play bonzi because he's been hurt the past few weeks. as far as i know he's still a piece of this team when he comes back. imo he's far more valuable than nazr he just needs to continue working himself in shape.

6. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

If he was worth a hill of beans the Spurs would not have let him go...

7. MONON

MONON Member

Bast reason ever for not getting him!

8. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Really?

9. Sextuple Double

Pistons have nothing we want.

10. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

They do have Chauncey Billups we could use now.

11. dwc13

dwc13 Member

The Spurs viewed Mohammed as a backup C/PF, while the Pistons looked at him as their starting center (to replace Ben Wallace, who had signed with Chicago). Both teams bid accordingly, and the team that was willing to pay starter's money won.

12. dischead

dischead Member

Its nearly been half a season and hes still not in shape! How longs it gunna take?

13. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Maybe it's cause i'm high... but GREAT F'IN POST!

14. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

That's a very judgemental thing to say about Dumars. I don't know him outside of press conferences and newspaper articles, but I highly doubt your snap judgements (fueled by severe insecurities?) are very accurate.

15. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

agree, we are not gonna get equal value for Bonzi so I think we need to stand pat unless a deal comes along in which the other team is looking to move a player for Sura or the 4.2 million TE

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Let me give you an outrageous analogy

What would you think about somebody who came to your door and wanted to sell you his own sh*t for $10 a pound and wanted to convince you his sh*t is just as valuable as gold?

Would you buy it because you are free of insecurity and you are nonjudgemental?

I was making an observation that people who are at the top of their game are more likely to fall from grace because nobody ever has a plan about the possibility of demise. The fall is harder if you're at the top.

You attacking me regarding a harmless statement I made doesn't make you the most secure person in the world. Most people would look at my statement in a basketball sense. You chose to look at it as a flaw of my character. What secure person would come to a basketball forum to analyze other posters rather than talk about basketball?

#16 macfan, Jan 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  17. akuma

akuma Member

CD has been truly underrated as a GM. along with steals like Bonzi, T-Mac, Barry, and Battier, he was able to get DEKE and Snyder for basically nothing and was instrumental in securing Yao Ming from the Chinese government. he was able to convince Stro (i know he kinda sucked, but no one knew ahead of time that he wouldn't pan out) to come to Houston, and he had the foresight to draft Luther Head inspite of Gundy's disapproval.