1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Shawn Merriman have to choke a b.....?!?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Angkor Wat, Sep 6, 2009.

1. VanityHalfBlack

percicles what do you have to say? Everybody on board is arguing over your statement, defend yourself!!!

2. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Case against Merriman is closed

SAN DIEGO -- District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis has dismissed reality TV star Tila Tequila's accusations that San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman choked her and threw her to the ground early Sunday.

Dumanis announced Friday afternoon there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Merriman committed a crime. Tequila had signed a citizen's arrest warrant charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, both felonies.

"This case is now closed," Dumanis said in a statement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4466257

Not that it really matters anymore since the perception is already out there, but Merriman got what he deserved when he brought that attention w**** into his life.

Anyways, according to some witnesses the whole thing started when Merriman brought 2 other chicks into his bedroom and when Tila came in, Merriman asked if she would like to join. After that she went crazy.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Awesome!

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Her last few messages have been these

Yes...I am now single.....am looking for someone sweet and loving....are you the one for me? Call meee and tell me (860) 256-8452 xoxox
    about 1 hour ago from web

Give me a call. I wanna talk to you! I miss u TONS! (860) 256-8452 Ask me out on a date or something...and maybe if its good, I will go!
    about 1 hour ago from web

It's a shame because I bought a TON of new lingerie....but no one to wear them for.....=/ Can I play dress up with you???? (860) 256-8452

For the sake of journalistic curiousity I called and the number is actually hers.......let's just comprehend this for a second; you've got a woman battered, bruised by her ex, apparently still with bruises (supposedly from her ex) who then POSTS HER PHONE NUMBER on TWITTER for the world to see and to call in to go out on a date with her.

Does this sound at all like a woman who's been through torment and pain? Does this sound like a battered woman?

This was so ridiculous I had to post it..

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

To think I went to high school with that girl..hahah...man times change

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I guess the DA didn't swallow the Tequila?!?!

She is a publicity w**** and while Merriman is no Angel, I assumed it was something like group sex or something crazy like that. For the record I didn't believe either one but did expect an entertaining story.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

She went to Hasting right, I did too but don't remember her. What year did she graduate?

8. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Wikipedia says she was born in October '81, so I'd venture to guess she's c/o 2000.

1 person likes this.
  9. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I am with a half vietnamese, half spanish girl and shes the most beautiful woman you have ever seen.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Worthless without pics.

11. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Sources: Jealousy Led To Merriman, Tequila Altercation

SAN DIEGO -- Multiple sources provided 10News' Juliette Vara with new details about what led to the incident last Sunday involving San Diego Chargers star Shawne Merriman and reality TV star Tila Tequila at the linebacker's Poway home.

Sources close to the story told Vara that Tequila -- also known as Tila Nguyen -- was unhappy that she was not the only woman getting attention from Merriman, and jealousy played a role in the early morning altercation.

The sources told Vara that witnesses at Merriman's home said the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker went to his bedroom with two women.

Sources said Tequila walked into the room and Merriman asked her to join them. However, the sources said Tequila reacted angrily and threatened to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

According to sources, Tequila was intoxicated, and she got naked and attempted to leave the house.

Sources told Vara that Merriman, 25, tried to stop the 27-year-old Tequila, and that is when she called 911.

Tequila accused Merriman of choking and throwing her to the ground while she was trying to leave the house. Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.

After practice on Wednesday, Vara talked to Merriman, but he did not discuss specifics about the case.

Vara asked Merriman to clarify his relationship with Tequila, and he immediately contacted his attorney.

"I don't know if … let me text my lawyer real quick," he said.

Merriman later acknowledged that he and the MTV star were friends and had only known each other for a short time.

"If anyone feels this is a distraction for me, I apologize," Merriman said. "I know my No. 1 priority is guys in the locker room."

Sources also told Vara that Tequila faked a neck injury, and when paramedics arrived they determined that she was OK. However, Tequila insisted on going to the hospital.

On Wednesday, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department handed over its findings in the case to the District Attorney's office.

The District Attorney's office will review the sheriff's department documents to decide if charges will be filed against Merriman.

The attorney representing Tequila disputed Merriman's claim that she was drunk when the linebacker allegedly choked her and held her against her will in his Poway home.

Attorney Alan S. Gutman issued a statement Tuesday, saying Merriam's comments since the incident early Sunday morning are nothing more than "calculated spin to cover up his illegal and indefensible actions."

Merriman and his attorney, Todd Macaluso, have said they expect him to be vindicated. Merriman issued a statement Sunday denying wrongdoing and saying he was trying to keep Tequila from leaving his home because she appeared to be intoxicated.

"I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported," Merriman's statement read.

On Tuesday night, Tequila's attorney called Merriman's explanation "spin" and predicted it would be discredited.

"It is never justifiable to brutally assault, choke, strike and imprison a woman," Gutman wrote. "Once the truth is fully revealed, Mr. Merriman's fantastic story of how he was trying to keep Ms. Tequila safe will be completely discredited."

Gutman didn't return calls seeking comment Wednesday. Merriman and Macaluso said they had no further comment.

When Merriman bailed out of jail on Sunday, a court appearance was scheduled for next Tuesday. If no charges are filed, that appearance will be removed from the court calendar, Levikow said. If the DA's office hasn't decided by then, the appearance will be rescheduled.

http://www.10news.com/news/20821814/detail.html

12. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

You guessed right, though I don't know if she graduated.

You've never heard my cousin talk about her? Rick even went on a date with her.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I wish I could be a star athlete.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I would hit it and quit it. But she'd probably go on Twitter and bad mouth me. Yup, that's the ONLY thing stopping me.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Mazyar?

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I believe she was 2 years below me, the same class with my sis which would make her class of 1998.

18. Jayou

Jayou Member

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Um, the charges being dismissed doesn't mean she was full of ****. She was bruised up pretty good on her arms.

Her having a psychological disorder (attention whoring) doesn't give Merriman the right to injure her.

20. Jayou

Jayou Member

The pics of the bruises on her arms were posted by TMZ. That's pretty strong proof that he shook her like a rag doll.

Surely, the DA would've seen the same bruises and moved forward with the case. So why didn't she then? Is the DA wanting to score point with her constituents, i.e., the Chargers' fan base?

I don't know........