1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Ime change the starting 5 after the all-star break?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jim1961, Feb 18, 2024.

?

Vote

Poll closed Feb 25, 2024.
  1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If you think yes, more than 1 starter?

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I lean to no. Ime was barking to motivate.

However if the team comes out flat after the break - Jalen Green will be benched.

I could also see Jeff Green pushing Bari to the bench.

cheke64, kspires999 and Dankstronaut like this.
  3. a time to chill

The play-in dream is dead and we'll be in the lotto. It's time to do some experimenting with the starting lineup to better know the roster's strengths and weaknesses going into the offseason. It'd be crazy to bring back the roster from this year expecting play-in or better, hoping that Green and Smith somehow emerge into stars. Time to make some tough calls.

Two moves they should make:
    • Start Cam and bench Jalen. I think it's safe to say that the Rockets are going to move on from Jalen given they are intent on acquiring a star-caliber player and they've already offered to trade him for Mikal Bridges. The front office needs to find out if Cam can handle the extra responsibility of being the starter. If he does well, you can start him with confidence next year. If not, then you will need to acquire a guard via trade or free agency and continue to let Cam develop off the bench.
    • Start Tari if the following things happen: (1) Tari is back fully healthy and (2) Jabari continues to lack consistency from game to game. You'll be getting more data on how well Tari can do with the extra responsibility and would feel better about including Jabari along with Jalen in any potential trade packages for another player that could move the needle for the Rockets next year.

BigShasta and PeterKingX like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they give Jalen yet another chance and don't force him to earn his spot just yet.... but a few more games of Cam impressing and Jalen disappointing should be enough to send that scrub to the bench forever.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure, but assuming everyone is healthy, I think Amen is pushing for Jalen Green's minutes, Cam is pushing for Brooks's spot, and Tari is pushing for either Brook's spot or Smith's spot.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Only if he runs it by @RooshWilliams first

7. plegus

plegus Member

I do not think starting 5 will change as soon as after ASB, if ever. Jalen had good games more than bad ones in the most recent games. The situation is overblown with Roosh thing adding to the story which in fact, has no implications in IRL. Also our coach dismissed many things he has said before.

Ancient Moabite and Rockethard like this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

I hope Cam starts and JG comes off the bench. Not likely but a man can dream.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

I don't think they'll make any changes. Health from Cam, FVV, Tari. Minutes for Amen and Cam. Consistency from Jalen, Jabari and Alpe. Seems like a tall order but it's possible to make the play-in still. Gonna have to "bring your A game" the rest of the season. It's still there for us to take. Frankly, all the culture reset stuff would be for not if they decide to pack it up and play out the string.

Ancient Moabite, jdhi and 34to11 like this.
  10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think Ime starts Amen and benches Jalen after the break. Amen is Ime’s type of player and I think he is already the Rockets best defensive player.

My preference would be to start Amen at the 3 and Cam at the 2. Bring Dillon and Jalen off the bench.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want him to, but I don't think he has the balls to do it.

DD

HardenReturns, HD729 and maypk like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

What does Roosh say?

As the losses quickly pile up out of the gate, we need to put our best tank forward. Meet Tank Commander Jalen Green.

[​IMG]

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, the starting lineup will definitely change soon with Jalen moving to the bench. Perhaps not this week.

I think Udoka has given up on the play-in which means he and Stone are on the same page now (if they weren't already). It's mainly about developing and integrating Amen and Cam now, along with recapturing the team's defensive identity.

RudyTBag, HD729 and evo8lover like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh it’s -500 odds The starting lineup changes

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yes he needs to take Jalen out

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I doubt anything changes right out of the gate.

Green is in trouble though.

Jabari is 20 years old. It’s amazing that anybody could be remotely down on him. Jeff Green pushing him to the bench. Uh no.

Bearius Jones, Sonicbun8, Moe and 4 others like this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'd wait to see how the team comes out in the next stretch.. Then it's whatever!

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Jalen is on a short leash.

clos4life and MadMax like this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think it’s clear Cam is about to be Ime’s boy

I think Ime wants to bench Green/Jabari for Amen/Cam but won’t do it. Ime is probably telling stone to trade jalen this off-season if he ain’t cool with a 6th man role

RudyTBag and HD729 like this.
  20. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I don’t think he will for the first game but if this way of losing continues due to the bad starts then he will finally make a move