1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WestendMassive, Feb 23, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. Playoffs, no first round draft pick

44.5%
  2. No playoffs, first round draft pick

55.5%
  1. WestendMassive

Option A: Rockets make the playoffs and likely get smashed in the first round. First round pick goes to the Nuggets.

Option B: Rockets don't make the playoffs, our misery is ended a couple of weeks early and the team keeps their first round pick.

What do you think is better for the team in the long run?

Do you think the Rockets getting bounced in a non-competitive first round series makes them more attractive to free agents than if they don't make the playoffs at all?

Or do you think a first round pick is more valuable to this team which is sorely lacking depth than getting into the post-season?

2. htownballa1622

I'll take no playoffs.

Team is too stupid. Don't want to go get smashed and lose pick in round one. Rather keep pick.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This team is a dead team walking. Might as well be put out of their misery earlier then later. Maybe missing the playoffs will be embarrassing enough for Les to completely clean house. It's time for a total philosophy and culture change for this organization.

4. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

king corey will win it all

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This team isn't making the playoffs.

They just aren't very good.

6. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I want playoffs....even with a sweep it still makes the off season shorter. Shorter time to next season...... We aren't getting a game changer with this years pick.....

7. ibm

ibm Member

that's what i'm talking about.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Let's see what happens Thursday. IF we end the Blazers' streak, everyone will be back on board. Tonight was a tough loss but at least the effort was there. IF we played with this intensity all season we would be the fifth seed at worst right now. The players are learning that our coaching staff isn't going to motivate them on their own and they are taking some responsibility. It sure would be great to have a coach with decent substitutions and rotations though. Brewer and JET (despite the huge shot) were getting torched on defense. Maybe KJ should get 10 minutes here and there? TJ looked completely lost, maybe Trez should get 10 minutes here and there?

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Yea...

May get swept but I wanna see this team as long as possible

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They're not gonna make it anyway.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

first rond pick wont be that good till about 2-3 years from now
    a playoff berth will increase rockets chances of getting any good fa dumb enough to waste his career here

unless we can get a top 5 pick. you think the sixers would trade us their pick for jones and brewer?

12. malakas

malakas Member

yes. I DO think not making the playoffs at all makes the team LESS attractive to free agents.
    Why should Horford or Conley sign here? For less money AND to join a team that didn't even make the playoffs?

13. thejav

thejav Member

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm ready to see more Harrell.

JB is so freaking stupid he should have had a big in the game on that last possesion. We get that rebound and its a 1 point game with 9 seconds left and 2 time outs.

Poor coaching is really costing this team games. They are playing better you can see it but the rotations are bad and the situational linups are even worse.

JB is not a head coach, I like the guy but this team would be 10 games better had they just kept mchale.

Atleast mchale stuck to his rotations and new when to go big. JB plays small to a fault...

I want that pick but if dmo can give us any kind of minutes it will be great. The simple fact of having another 7ft player on the court with howard will do wonders for this team.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I do not want to watch us get smashed in the playoffs... This season has been painful enough already... I am ready for our season to end and get us moving on from the stupidity of the JBB coaching fiasco...

and I'll take the draft pick...

16. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

This team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

You get a time-out tied in OT, the Jazz have the ball. Good coaches put in a defensive lineup, something even McHale understood at times. J.B. trolls outside the same small line-up. Even before that. What happens? 3 offensive rebounds and we lose by 3. If that's the play-offs, doesn't matter how good you play, coach refuses to put right group out on the floor so we lose regardless. 14th pick here we come! This time I won't enjoy that 9th place though.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You're acting like we're LA or Philly....we'd end up about 12 games from where we'd like to be. A fresh start, with a new coach and a couple new rotation players at least makes us 5-7 wins better...So yeah, another all star should make us at least 10 wins better...not a big deal. You dont want them to think they're coming in here to sacrifice a ton either..

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'll always want to see us in the playoffs. I'm purely basing this off of emotions rather than logic towards the future. So be it.

20. Misa

Misa Member

we really might not even make the playoffs so either will be B