1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Texans fans' not wanting another Carr in Houston was a huge mistake?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

20/20 hindsight in a thread that doesn't belong in the Texans sub.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

The thread title still puzzles me. What Texans fans didn't want another Carr in Houston and how did it have any effect on the Texans decision? The same team did not draft Vince Young; I don't think they are making decisions based on what the fans think.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only reason I posted this was out of frustration with Osweiller. Yes hindsight doesn't matter now, so I shouldn't have posted it. I am just frustrated that giving Osweiller a 72 million dollar internship on how to be an NFL quarterback, when Rick and Bill could have done it so much cheaper with Carr, and gotten much better results.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Is that true? I've never heard that; I knew he was father was a source of frustration with the organization - but I've never heard he was making noise behind the scenes.

If true, that's interesting...

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's what I've always heard. Not sure where I heard it. If it was here or not. Wherever it was, it was believable after the last time...

I don't think McNair would have allowed it.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

As others have mentioned, this thread makes no sense. Since when do the Texans FO use a fan poll for their draft? The Texans didn't' want him, leave the fans out of it.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Derek Carr Isn’t As Good As You Think

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/02/nfl-derek-carr-oakland-raiders

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I honestly put the Oakland game up there with Denver in "games I want Brock to destroy in" He failed me in Denver, but that defense is just so good. I'm hoping with a bye week and an easy week in Jacksonville, Brock can fix some problems and just take it to the Raiders and Derek Carr gets intercepted 3 times.

Heard it here first LOL.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://theringer.com/best-young-quarterback-nfl-midseason-report-6671976008df#.l49fjy6n7

10. texian

texian Member

Despite protestations otherwise, Carr didn't want another Carr in Houston. McNair agreed.

11. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Cletus is that you?

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Carr's o-line really helps:

14. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

We've seen Brock play against bad teams and struggle Colts, Bears, and Titans so I have little hope he shows much success against the Jags, now Texans likely win but the game will much closer then it should be. Also the Raiders just carved up a much better defense in the Broncos. So I have little hope they leave Mexico City with a win. Edit: forgot the Texans struggle greatly in prime time games against remotely good opponents so likely another blowout

Anyway i hope Brock makes me eat crow and he shows improvement, which shouldn't be hard since he's been garbage.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Yes I think it was a mistake, but I completely understand why they passed on another Carr. NRG would have been burned to the ground. Our fickle (and frankly quite ignorant to the game of football) fans booed JJ Watt.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We passed on more QBs than just Carr

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jimmy G, Prescott, Carr are the real big ones we passed on. Bridgewater and Bortles are nothing special. I just don't know what's up with this team and evaluating QBs