1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think the Texans fans' not wanting another Carr in Houston was a huge mistake?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm certainly not trying to argue for Carr over Osweiler when I say that the Texans should have drafted Carr. It was the right move then, but now that they have Osweiler it doesn't matter as much.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

LOL, I love it.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I know you aren't using our ST as a positive over any team.

As for defense, I agree, both teams Brock has played on has had a strong defense. Just like both teams he has played on has had a weaker Oline than Carr's... Also, he has spent 8 games starting on one team and 4 on another. And BOB's offense has been noted as really tough to learn.

In the grand scheme of things, what I am trying to get at is that it is unfair to really compare the 2 because we did not choose on over the other. Carr was not available this offseason, in fact, the only one that we could actually argue is Prescott (Lynch would mean no Fuller, and I doubt anyone would make that trade right now).
    This is Derek's first year with a positive record and he has played one good team, and it was a loss. they won 2 of the other 3 by a total of 2 points (9 total points in their 3 wins). Until Brock starts COSTING us games, people really need to chill out.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I know you aren't using our ST as a positive over any team.

As for defense, I agree, both teams Brock has played on has had a strong defense. Just like both teams he has played on has had a weaker Oline than Carr's... Also, he has spent 8 games starting on one team and 4 on another. And BOB's offense has been noted as really tough to learn.

In the grand scheme of things, what I am trying to get at is that it is unfair to really compare the 2 because we did not choose on over the other. Carr was not available this offseason, in fact, the only one that we could actually argue is Prescott (Lynch would mean no Fuller, and I doubt anyone would make that trade right now).
    This is Derek's first year with a positive record and he has played one good team, and it was a loss. they won 2 of the other 3 by a total of 2 points (9 total points in their 3 wins). Until Brock starts COSTING us games, people really need to chill out.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not blaming Bob this particular decision, just adding... we have subpar owners.
    Lol, yes there is plenty complaining in here, but are you really comparing this OBVIOUS local correlation to other teams.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

First time since last millennium no Peyton/Brady

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Two highest vote getters may, literally, never play again.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Through week 5:

9. dmoneybangbang

I think our o-line has been more disappointing than the QB. We have a hard time establishing the run which sets up our offense. I would still rather have Carr right now based on what I've seen from Brock, but Carr maybe struggling too with our line.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Does it matter?

11. Raven

Raven Member

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Been saying it for years.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

NO, it doesn't matter. Why? Carr is a Raider.....and never will be a Texans. Hindsight is worthless now.

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Derrick Carr threw an INT yesterday and lost to the Chiefs. That means he's terrible, he's worse than Brock, and we made the right choice.

In all seriousness tho, If we are going to have threads like this people should look at his bad games too.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Everyone has 20-20 hindsight so this thread and pro Carr posters are nothing special.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#97 zeeshan2, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  18. mario_v

mario_v Member

Carr with 500 yards and 4 touchdowns....

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Why are we still arguing this? It's pathetic.

Carr was never going to be a Texan. Will never be a Texan. His tyrant father would not have allowed his precious baby boy to play for the team. When McNair heard this, he wanted no part of it either.

At least this is the narrative that has been spelled out multiple times.

Give it up kids.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Can't wait to see Clowney put him on his behind in Mexico City