1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think that the Rockets will make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippen85, Jan 4, 2001.

1. pippen85

pippen85 Member

I personally think that the rockets have a chance if they get back on track and start to win some games. If they add some players to their roster on the offseason then they will surely make the playoffs. Rudy T is a good coach and he will surely know how to handle the team.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Pippen85??

Ahhhh....never mind...too easy....

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

If the Rockets can keep pounding on the east, and on the bad western teams, they have a good chance. If they are able to beat Detroit, New York, and Toronto, they could gain quite a bit of confidence. I feel that if they are above .500 by the end of January, they will make it. Still, what is truly disturbing is that the lowly Denver Nuggets are above .500 right now, and 5th in the division. I can't beleive that the Rockets could be worse than the crap of the league like Denver. Injuries will do that to you.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Come on, get over the Pippen thing. Sure he was wrong to leave the team, but who the hell cares anymore. If someone likes Pippen, let them like him. Nobody scores 6 points and brings down 3 boards better than Scottie!

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I donno, Mo T did it well for the first couple games.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Come on guys, Walt will always be the best!

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, no playoffs.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

8. SwisherShot

SwisherShot Member

The Rockets can still make the playoffs. Mathmatically, no team is a shoe-in as of this moment. Obviouslly, the Lakers or Blazers will not lose every single game from this point on, but the Rockets have to beat the Eastern Teams. Besides, what happened to 'The Heart of the Champions?' So what if Drexler retired his, Elie sent it to SA, Cassels wasting it in Milwaukee, and Horry's having by-pass surgery on his in LA? We still have Rudy and Hakeem to instill the Heart of a Champion onto our young guys. If anything these guys can learn from Hakeem, it should be what Clutchcity was founded on. Coming back when you're backed up against a wall, never giving up, hitting the big shots, and coming together as a team, defensively, and offensively.

------------------

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Things aren't all that bleak. They are at .500, with a light schedule coming up after January. I think the Rockets will make it if they keep playing with intensity.

------------------

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Don't mind DaDakota he has been a bit edgy and moody lately! [​IMG] I'm starting to think he is Rudy T's alter-ego here because he's acting like a coach! [​IMG] Seriously, I think the Rocks have a chance to get to postseason play but they're going to have to be more consistent, and beat teams that they match up well with like Minnesota, Phoenix, Sacramento and the East and the weaker teams in the West, easier said then done. We're also going to have to get more production from the SF spot and we have to get healthy and get more production from Cato, Jason Collier and continued production from Mo and KT. Mo has to be our third option, and a legit low post option. This team can do it, they just have to improve their chemistry. By the way pippen sucks, he always will suck, and 50 years from now I will still be making a big deal about it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited January 05, 2001).]

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

No, next season.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

next season and deep, I predict.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

13. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

This month is really critical for the the Rockets. Why? because they have 5 back-to-backs !in a row! Thats not right, who made the Rockets schedule?

Rudy must find a consistent 8-9 rotation that will be work and he must use its consistentley. That will be a sign of this team on its way to winning consistently.

The Rockets will slide in the 8th spot right at the end of the season though.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited January 05, 2001).]

14. Steve_Francis_rules

We have an outside shot, but I think we'll need a hot streak over the next few weeks.

------------------

15. treeman

treeman Member

I'd tend to agree with Rocketbooster - slipping into #8 by the end of the season.

Let's just be thankful for the end of the current horrible home draught. Losing 7 of 8 was painful... Extremely painful. Pain in the standings for weeks from that... They finished the road trip well though, so we'll start there.

Tomorrow is a new day.

------------------

16. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

ah geez, thanks. your too kind.

you shouldnt have. no seriously, you really shouldnt have

[​IMG]

------------------
    the nuggets suck...i know, i know!

17. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

If the Rockets can land a spot anywhere from 1-8 I think they will make the playoffs.

------------------

18. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Nope, close to a .500 record but not good enough for the playoffs

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I am still holding firm that the teams on the bubble for the playoffs are Utah, Seattle, Houston and possible Denver.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

20. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I think the two teams the Rockets must finish better than to make the playoffs are Seattle and Minnesota.

I predict that L.A., Utah, San Antonio, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas and Sacramento will make the playoffs. (I'm really out on a limb there, huh.)

I don't think Denver will make the playoffs, but if you don't think there is some awesome talent on that team, you're not being objective.

------------------