1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you really believe Kenneth Faried will make a difference?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock Harden, Jan 21, 2019.

?

Will he have a positive impact on this team?

1. Yes-He's been in a bad situation for quite sometime

2. No-He's washed up like Melo

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

He looked better than Hartenstein.

Moleb likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

If House put up 13, the usual suspects would be wetting themselves.

3. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I thought he looked great. He was very active around the basket, dove to the rim well, brought a ton of energy and hustle, and was trying to draw charges. He is a great BACKUP small ball 5 for this team.

I know you all thought he looked great in the PnR and I disagree. The rolling was great. The thing I want to see him improve on most is setting picks. He’s didn’t look as good as any of our other bigs. Instead he tended to slip the pick before the ballhandler could use it. Almost like he lacked patience. I hope this is something that will get shored up in practice because he could get lobs for days (ala Capela) if he had that patience and let the play develop. I don’t think it’s a Dwight thing (Howard just refused to set strong picks) as much as him not having any time with the team. I’ll definately be watching for this adjustment next game.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yes, we finally have a legitimate NBA level player to backup PJ.

don grahamleone and elmotsangtt like this.
  5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We need a backup center and a small forward starter. Morey needs to get it done before trade deadline

6. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

When is CP3 returning?

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Maybe he looked it, but the team has played well with Hartenstein on the floor, almost consistently a good net rating when he's on the floor. Even Melo can "look" good, but what is actually good and what makes the team good are the only factors that matter beyond aesthetic pleasure.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In certain matchups only.

9. threepointshot3

Limited offensive game but he does have his strengths who suits our offense

10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Faried, like all players you get on the cheap, are flawed in some way. What we have loved about him from afar is that when he is in he is high energy crash the glass and dunk. With as much energy as James is having to expend on offense it is so important to have a 9th/10th guy off the bench that knows their role and comes in with high energy every time to provide a spark and something else the defense has to handle other than James. Chriss could have molded into a more high skilled version of this but he has no brains and no heart. Give me a Faried every time that I can rely on. Nene is one of those players that has lasted so long because of his skill and heart. I certainly prefer him getting the majority of minutes but Faried represents nice depth that this team sorely needs now and later. I would like the remaining acquisitions to be solid defenders but this is what we hoped we were getting last year with Wright.

D-rock, Y2JT and napalm06 like this.
  11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

There are a lot of angles to look at it from.

For example: When Hartenstein exits the game our team tends to now be over the foul limit. Why? Because Hartenstein can't seem to stop fouling. So now with Hartenstein on the bench, his subs force free throws on any ticky tack foul, why? Because Hartenstein used up the majority of available ticky tack fouls.

that is one reason that could explain the net rating.

I love Hartensteins hustle. But theres things he needs to vastly improve on before getting meaningful time. Until then, give him unmeaningful minutes so he can continue to get accustomed to the speed of the game.

D-rock and jboslett like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Except Faried also has problems fouling, but one is consistently a negative over a huge sample size while the other is consistently a positive over a small sample size. Faried had 4 fouls in 23 minutes against the Sixers.

We can talk about Hartenstein's weaknesses, but the context is that we are talking about two minimum contract players all of whom are heavily flawed. There are things Hartenstein can improve and there are things Faried can improve. Hartenstein - despite his game not being aesthetically pleasing - was not a part of line ups that gave up leads. Let's hope Faried can do that while bringing his intensity and mobility into the equation.

#112 Mathloom, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Y2JT likes this.
  13. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

He ain’t making us any better.. so I say he ain’t doing shiz for us. We need impact players.. not washed up scrubs.. everyone gonna look good with harden. Don’t be fooled

14. jb86

jb86 Member

He will help us, but we are not finished adding good players to this team.

15. mockster

mockster Member

He hit a three, he’s here to stay.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'll reserve judgment until he has a few more games under his belt. I think it's a bit unfair to judge Faried's performance only on one game which featured one of the Top 3 centers in the league.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, I mean he can't play defense so judging him after a game where the league's one true dominant offensive player at his position is going off is a little unfair.

If the expectation for Faried is to be a difference maker on defense or help us against teams that have big that can punish us inside then we will all be very disappointed.

Faried is a high motor player that can bring some offensive spark in limited doses and help with rebounding. He's best in situations where we are playing small because he's small.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Some (many?) of those fouls were Embiid lowering his shoulder and going straight through Faried like a bull. (Nene and Ennis, too.) just saying, last nights game is a poor example of anything officiating related. Lol

Red.Glare and Mathloom like this.
  19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It was his first game and without a practice.. he ends up putting up 13, 6 on 5/7 and a 3 pointer made (didn't realize he had range).. anyone complaining about this?

D-rock, alethios and JamesC like this.
  20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i know right? embid is going to destroy a lot of centers...he did well on offense...what exactly do you expect from a small ball five? hopefully he can make those three's regularly....then he might be able to play the 4 with capella situationally.

Y2JT and sammy like this.