1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Miss Silas???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Consider this post a middle finger to all who trolled and ripped me apart (and you know who you are) the past three years for being “tough” on Silas and saying he was an awful coach. I continuously said he had the worst record in NBA history only to get abused for not understanding the youth of the team and whatever other excuses were given. A few defended me like Aruba and a couple others, but I got more “ban him” responses than you can believe. Took a while, but we finally have real statistics….Silas lost 20 in a row (and cried) and is now part of a 22 game losing streak. He also lost 10 or more in a row on six different occasions. New coach with an actual coaxhing style and system…13-9 with an 11 game home winning streak. Enough said!!!

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Silas did what Fertitta wanted him to do. Lose. We were tanking.

Time to move on.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are on a mission, breh.

4. MystikArkitect

Guessing Detroit ownership is asking him for the same thing.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

We also went from a horrific PG to a very good PG, do you think we'd still be good if we had kpj instead of fvv? and if jabari was rookie jabari?

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes, Silas was that bad, considering your take below from another thread you started.

topfive and raining threes like this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Him having the worst record means nothing because we were tanking. San Antonio just had a 18 game losing streak, I doubt Pop has idiot fans mocking him like yall do Silas. Just be happy the tank was a success and give Stone his credit

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's over there in Detroit losing over 20 straight games lol.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Imagine Silas last year sitting Green the Younger for not playing D in the 4th.

Imagine Silas getting fired the next day.

evo8lover and gfab-babyboi like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s the issue about these lynch Mob knee jerk fans. If you critically analyze all the information and put everything into context there’s more to the story than “Udoka is better than Silas" or Silas sucks". Same with players and the frequent "Jalen sucks" posts.

This team's focus wasn't winning. Both Stone and Silas repeatedly talked about growth and development and sowing seeds to play the right way. There were no expectations to win. How could there be when the roster was filled with Rookies and second year guys? And no OKC, SAC, ORL etc didnt just become good overnight. All those teams had vets who had been developing for years and those teams acquired pieces that helped them either via free agency or drafts. It was a fruition from combination of vets and young players built, developed, and honed thru several years. Rockets did not have vet leadership past 2 years. Now in the 3rd year they acquired multiple vet leaders to pair with the Rockets young core.

people seem to think young teams just get better all of a sudden just because they have a new coaching staff? This would be saying they haven't learned anything or grown at all in the past 2 years. I in no way am saying Silas was great but he tried to sow seeds in these young men to play the right way with tenacity and hunger. The seeds were sown. Silas couldn't take them further because he isn't a great coach but lessons were taught and habits developed. Udoka took what was built added vet pieces and took it to another level and pushed them even harder.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don’t think silas is a good coach but if ime was coaching last season the team would still have been trash.

raining threes and Stephen_A like this.
  12. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

No one’s saying Silas wasn’t a bad coach. It’s just that it happened while the team was rebuilding, collecting high draft picks, and everything was in a shambles. It’s impossible to know how much of his ineptitude was because of that and how much was bad coaching. Just be thankful it appears to have all worked out for the best. The team is looking good right now.

raining threes and gfab-babyboi like this.
  13. prs325

prs325 Member

If I love multiple and extensive game losing streaks
    Then the answer would be YES

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

silas propaganda.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It seems obvious that Ime is a good coach who has overachieved with this squad to this point, I don't feel like we'd be as good with Silas.

That being said, look at how the Rockets were constructed during his tenure, look at how the Pistons are currently constructed, it's unbelievable.

Rockets dumped 6 scrubs under 23 years old and replaced them with 4 vets who have played their roles PERFECTLY. Smith and Sengun have also made significant jumps. This squad roster is miles better than anything Silas had.

Also not to forget, STONE forced Silas rotations and player roles. Imagine Ime being mandated that KPJ be starting PG, get 30 mpg, and finish games.

Silas was done dirty, only losers punch down on a guy who was screwed like that.

17. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Not seeing the point of this thread. Silas was terrible. He's gone

raining threes likes this.
  18. Rocketsglare

Rocketsglare Member

Udoka does not play games with any of the players and sit people when they stink on defense. Silas looked like a deer in headlights .

pippsux likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

more silas cope.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tell me where I'm wrong

HP3 likes this.