1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you believe? Can the Rockets tie this up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, May 3, 2019.

?

Do you believe?

1. Yes they can

117 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. Yes they will

106 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. DLX94

DLX94 Member

Count me in.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I’ll admit I was skeptical before the game. I thought we maybe had a 15% chance of coming back, though I figured we’d win yesterday. Game 4 was always going to be a tougher game but I’m definitely more confident, particularly with Curry playing like garbage. If we can win Game 4, I think we will win Game 5 in GS and close out in Game 6.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

All 3 games so far has been close. The games have been decided by effort, attention to details, sometimes calls and due to injuries causing key people to be out(rivers, harden, and curry). I think the two teams are very close and capable of winning. The effort and attention details along with high iq bballl and some luck is going to decide the winner. Great effort by our guys in game 3. We need to win game 4 and put pressure back on GS. Go rockets!!

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Golden State is a very good team. To say for certainty the Rockets will win is absurd. to say GS will win with certainty is absurd.

These are two very good teams, but Houston is definitely the more desperate and hopefully PJ tucker has gotten the team to play with the defensive passion we saw last year.

Remlap likes this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Rebounds - they are playing their games 42+ mpg, let’s keep the energy UP

BELIEVE

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

All the series are going 2-2

7. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

the Home Crowd needs to step up and help get these guys over the top....
    Get the train up to speed all the way thru the next 3 games!! confidence and momentum.

8. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I believe in my hearts of hearts that they can....i really do....will they?

I dont know. but im hoping for the best.

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You think we're gonna win four straight games vs the Warriors?

10. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

They can win today, but do you guys truly believe we can win the series?

I hope so but would be shocked because I don’t think the league will allow it.

11. 9baller

9baller Member

Yes, it is possible. If the Rockets ball out for three more games, Golden State goes down.

12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

13. Voltik

Voltik Member

That’s dope. I.D.I.O.T

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not, they are the most overrated team ever...its all media hype and the refs help with them...they arent any better than other 5-6 contenders

Remlap and DavidRocket like this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets win tonight(I'm skeptical, but I give them a 50/50 shot at it), they can absolutely win the series. The longer this goes, the better the odds are for the Rockets(barring of course an injury like CP3's hammy last year).

The Warriors are essentially playing a 7-man rotation right now. McKinnie is getting a few minutes, but Looney and Livingston are the only ones Kerr trusts. D'Antoni on the other hand to his credit is actually sticking with 9 guys and isn't shortening the rotation for the postseason as he's apt to do. That'll keep the Rockets starters fresher late in games and considering all 3 have gone down to the wire thus far, that's important.

Also, Curry is banged up, Klay might be hampered somewhat by his ankle, and Iggy is 35 years old. I know he's been killing the Rockets this series, but with it now going to games every other day(including flying back and forth between Oakland and H-Town), he could start to tire as well.

I kinda view this like the 2016 Finals. Yes, Draymond's suspension and Bogut's injury(both coming in Game 5) were big factors, but you could tell the Warriors just got worn down against the Cavs the longer that series went on. The same could happen here.

gotsis, s3ts and jcmoon like this.
  16. Nero

Nero Member

All GS did was hold serve in games 1 & 2 . And an argument can easily be made that, as bad and discombobulated as we played in Game 1, we still should have and would have won that game, had the officiating been anything close to they way it was supposed to be.

And GS knows this as well. They know they escaped in Game 1.

And so far, we have held serve on our home court.

So nothing has REALLY gone off the rails yet, nothing has changed from the situation it was before the series even started:

We need to hold serve at home, and take at least one game on the road. It doesn't matter if that stolen road game is 1,2, 5 or 7.

We just need to win our two remaining home games, and steal one on the road.

All the chicken-little, doom and gloom people after 1 & 2 were losing their minds for no reason.

CAN we win tonight? Of course. Will we? Probably.

The bigger question is, can we use that momentum to steal game 5, and then come home and close it out in 6? That would be the ideal scenario - I don't particularly like the odds of winning a 5v8 contest in GS in a game 7.

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  17. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i agree, depth is an issue for them, if we win tonight, we could even be favored IMO. Lets not forget Shump. He played well the last game of the regular season against them also. His defense has been huge and a big factor in curry and thompson not getting as many clean looks.

if we win tonight i think we can steal game 5 cuz they'll be worn down.

i still think we can win as long as tucker stays out of foul trouble.

18. dejamike

dejamike Member

Well... we kinda h e to. If they lose this game, it’s gonna be hell of tough to come back.

19. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Basically no one expected the Rockets to be up 2-0 on the road, which is why losing gm. 1 really hurt. Gm. 3 was a major dog fight more or less like rest of the games. Obviously, we we’ll take a win any way we can get it but I think that from a psychological stand point, an easy win in Gm. 4 would do a lot for the Rockets in capturing the momentum going back to Oracle....

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

And right on cue, here's ESPN echoing those sentiments:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26681903/extra-minutes-taking-toll-warriors

This is a must win game tonight almost as much for the Warriors as it is for the Rockets. Yes, Golden State would be in the driver's seat still even in a 2-2 series since the Rockets would have to steal a game at Oracle. But their starters are playing so many minutes that it's gonna wear them down.

jcmoon likes this.