1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

do we have a better chance of getting maggette now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dlite316, Jul 4, 2008.

1. dlite316

dlite316 Member

http://www.nba.com/transactions/movement2008_index.html
    Report: Davis, Clippers Agree to Deal
    By Josh Cohen on July 1, 2008 at 9:50 p.m. ET

“BINGO FOR BARON!”
    “OH ME, OH MY!”

You may start hearing these Lawler-isms in your sleep over the next several days as Baron Davis, an unrestricted free agent after opting out of the final year of his contract with the Warriors, verbally agreed to a five-year deal with the Clippers on Tuesday, according to ESPN.

Davis, a two-time All-Star who averaged 21.8 points and 7.6 assists this past season with Golden State, may potentially join a star-studded lineup in his hometown of Los Angeles if the Clippers manage to re-sign their current free agents.

On Monday, both Elton Brand and Corey Maggette selected to exit out of their existing contracts and become unrestricted free agents. Brand immediately stated he would like to remain with the club, however.

After missing the postseason the last two years, the Clippers could quickly join some of the other elite teams in the Western Conference as championship contenders.

B-Davis got a deal with the clippers, now the clippers have more to worry abt, elton brand, maggette, chris kaman. do we have a better chance of getting maggette now?

2. mgun

mgun Member

i don't think so...
    at the very beginning, Maggette doesn't plan on returning to LAC
    unlike Brand, who opts out to pressure the management to look for more talents, Maggette leaves as he want a full MLE for a contract of 4-5 years.
    as some sources stated, Spurs are close on landing his service to San Antonio.

For some reason, I don't think he worths that much...
    i would seriously look into the possibilities of trading with Bobcats for Gerald Wallace, who is much better than Maggatte...

3. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

i think ron artest may as well join the clipers to make up another group of big three.how eager i am for the big three of houston rockets.so we should take Mo to houston .I argue that morey trade jackson and luther head for Mo .Mo is our key to the championship.

4. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

No...when they signed Baron Davis we already knew Maggette wasn't going back to the clippers

5. HombreDeHierro

mo.....willliams?

or taylor? :p

6. Echoecho

Echoecho Member

Magette will probably sign with Spurs. I do not see any reason he signs with Rockets (money or championship). Dallas already got J.Howard.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Our MLE is tied up until the Landry standoff is resolved so it really doesn't matter. If you're a Rockets fan hoping to score through FA this year brace yourself for disappointment.

8. therox3

therox3 Member

Unless you post another article that says Maggette doesn't like money then the chances are still poor. Jonathan Feigen has also said that the rockets aren't interested.

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

No, Spurs or Magic will get him. We have almost no chance.

10. AAAproduction1

the rockets probaly will come up short even if they don't sighn landy.

11. tawfiqmp

tawfiqmp Member

Maggette is going to the Spurs... WE have no chance.

12. Savage Garden

Savage Garden Member

how eager i am for the big three of houston rockets!
    MOREY Just go and get Artest !

13. tested911

tested911 Member

Well you can add the Rockets don't have a chance this upcoming season if we don't sign Artest!!.. Seriously does anybody think this is a championship caliber team with a signing of Posey?? If Maggette is going to the Spurs in the new season they would have to be the favorites again to win the West and have a good shot against the aging Celtics.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Maggette's going to the Warriors or staying with the Clippers depending on what Brand does.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I just remembered the ace the Rockets have up their collective sleeve.

A potential Chinese shoe contract for Maggette.

16. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

What is wrong with Morey? Why doen't he at least try? Maggete is a hell of a player and he would make the Spurs just too good. I don't like that. He would also make the Rockets a hell of a lot better.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

so your saying the spurs and celtics aren't in the running?

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He's not an undersized pf, therefore doesn't fit the mold of the player we need to add to the roster. God knows you can never have to many of those guys.

19. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

I dont believe we have any chance.
    He is expensive.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, that's some user name you got. I swear I've seen that in someone's signature before.