1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Conservatives/ Bush Supporters Want to Know if We were Lied to re Niger Uranium?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Nov 2, 2005.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It appears not. Why wouldn't they want to know if forged evidence was an important reason why we went to war? Is this being patriotic? Is this supporting the troops? I don't think so.

Do they just perhaps accept that Bush/Cheney were in on the forgery/lie and it is ok with them? So they don't want it investigated?

Now it is true that maybe the case can never be cracked, but what sort of patriotic American would not want to at least try?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good questions, and I like the approach to the topic. They may claim that any effort to get the answers to what happened with the forgery is just part of the political witch hunt against all things Bush. But I'm curious to hear what Republicans/Conservatives think should be done, and how it should be carried out of if they thing that is isn't anything serious.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

They just don't care. George W. Bush could walk through a high school with an automatic weapon and kill 50 schoolchildren, and his blinders-wearing supporters will find a way to justify it.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Card carrying Republicans by definition can do nothing wrong while in office. Likewise Democrats can nothing right.

The same can be said for card carrying Democrats.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Sadly this is the truth as Foxnews sees it. :rolleyes:

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They probably don't care either way
    IMO Conservatives are about getting their agenda pushed through
    the means which it is done. . .is irrelevent

Rocket River

7. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

The ends justify the means. Our noble goals justify our compromises of other principles, such as telling the truth. And if we f*ck up... hey, you have to break some eggs to make an omelet. Asking for accountability is looking back, and we need to look forward.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

As a 'conservative', but not a Republican anymore, I do demand my right as a citizen to fully know the truth about the justification for war in Iraq, and whether there was an intentional effort/campaign to mislead and dupe the American public (and the world) into supporting the war.

Card-carrying Republicans and card-carrying Democrats resemble one another more than they know, they're merely interested in 'their team' winning, even if it costs America in a negative way (which should be their first and foremost concern).

IMO, both are political zealots.

9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we already know we were lied to by joe wilson. in any case, the niger connection was not a huge part of the prewar case, just 16 words in the SOTU, and the british govs and other stand by the connection. democrats have focused much more on the issue post-facto that it merits, IMHO.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Thanks. If you stopped repeating Republican talking points, I might forget them. I guess you are hoping Talking Point will triumph over Truth.

W and his team told BIG LIES leading into the Iraq war and occupation. Can we now say that since W lied that he is irrelevant?

11. basso

Supporting Member

Wilson Lied, Libby was Tried!

12. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

The documents are forgeries, regardless of what Wilson said.

The Italian government stands by them because they produced/found them.

The British government stands by them for the same reason the White House does- if they don't they're busted.

This shoud be investigated.

"The smoking gun could be a nuclear mushroom" is one of the most memorable quotes from the entire SOTU. I would argue the most.

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I love how it is a constant "bash fest" here on Republicans/Conservatives from the left/moderate/whatever here. I realize discussion and debate is legit when it is topic related but 90% of the posts here aren't from that. This topic was started on three one liners from all over the map giving no facts or real opinions... this is "debate and discussion?"

It's funny that this type of behavior continually comes from people that are supposively part of the "socially accepting" party. Seriously, does "bashing" conservatives all day long make you feel better about your life? Good, go right and ahead and do it if it makes you feel better, because frankly we conservatives/republicans/righties/christians/hicks/hillbillies would rather let the polls do the talking for us... and by that we mean ACTUAL polls, you know the ones that you have to register for.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have yet to see any real evidence that Wilson lied.

But despite that, does this mean it is ok for our govt. to used forged documents and that any efforts to find out where the forgeries came from? Do you think it isn't important?

15. basso

Supporting Member

unfortuantely, the italian forgeries are not related to bush's 16 words, nor are they related to the british government's case re niger. yes, the docs are forgeries, but they're otherwise irrelevant. one of Wilson's lies was drawing a connection that never existed.

16. basso

Supporting Member

see post above. the forgeries are a sideshow, unrelated to any bush or blair claim re WMD in iraq or uranium from niger.

17. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

I don't think y'all are answering his post.

IF we were lied to, DO you want to know, and IS President Bush accountable? Simple questions.

18. basso

Supporting Member

there has already been an investigation , the SSCI.

19. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

I don't see a "yes" or a "no" there.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The question is....

What did the red states know and when did they know it?