1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirty Plays in Mavs game (inc. Kidd tries to hurt David Andersen)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Entropy, Dec 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Dirty Plays in Mavs game

So of course we have Kidd throwing the shoulder into Andersen. Then we got Thomas throwing down AB. Then a thrown elbow by Dampier. Am i missing anything?

edit:
    <object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UkfkIDDbJsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UkfkIDDbJsg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That Kidd play was almost the same thing that Fisher did in the playoffs last year. Andersen needs to work with Scola on selling that contact more. A virtuoso flopper like Luis would have gotten Kidd kicked out of the game.

3. jedicro

jedicro Member

The Dampier elbow was nothing. That shouldn't have been called. I don't recall Aaron getting thrown down by Thomas.

The only dirty play I saw was the Kidd shove, which will be a technical later tonight or tomorrow.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mavs have traditionally been paper-tigers. They will get their cheap elbows and shoves in throughout the game. However, it's mostly a facade. They pretend to be tough but they are anything but. They are mentally weak.

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Erika Dampier didnt even throw an elbow, idk what the refs were thinkin but hey we won. :cool:

6. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

:grin:

7. mi0304

mi0304 Member

yeah, it was almost the same to Fisher thing

8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Yes, you forgot the little weasel Jason Terry hammering Lowery on that fast break. Hate that rat face.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I don't think Scola was selling anything on that Fisher shot, that was a Grade A NFL quality shoulder block uppercut shot by Fisher.

Agree that Kidd's was the same except Andersen is taller so the elbow didn't get to DA's head.

#9 v3.0, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  10. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Tragedy for Landry as well

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

We were discussing that in chat. Looked a LOT like Fisher's play.

12. Mr. Space City

the rockets are a tough physical team and when soft teams play a team like the rockets they get frustrated. :grin:

MAN UP!!!

13. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

The Kidd play was dirty, hard to believe the refs looked at it again and couldn't call that a flagrant foul. Then looked at AB's play and called that flagrant. I don't think the tech would have been called without the flagrant.

14. devin23

devin23 Member

Man I hate the Mavs, even more than Utah.

15. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nothing? like the one that cost Trevor a suspension? He hit nothing... yeah.

16. PeppermintCandy

Kidd threw his entire body into it. IIRC both his feet left the floor. It deserved an ejection or at least a flagrant.

17. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

whatdo you expect, they live in DALLAS

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yep, terry gave him a good body bump and then started staring him down when Lowry was on the floor.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Jason Kidd is an idiot but it was more incredible that Kidd didn't get a flagrant and Brooks did over somthing that happens EVERY GAME. We won but I am as mad about the junk we saw out there...

From Kelly Dwyer's twitter, says it all....

KDonhoops RT @kpelton: This Houston-Dallas game will not go down as a monument to quality NBA officiating

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Worrell was talking out of his ass. Damp bucked at Brooks after the "flagrant foul" and that warranted the tech.

1 - Josh Howard take down vs Yao Ming (Sura tackles Howard afterwards).
    2 - Stackhouse dunking after winning the game was over (in Houston I believe).
    3 - Drew Gooden pushing Pops and talking **** afterwards.
    4 - Thomas throwing down Chase Buddinger.
    5 - Erica bucking at the smallest player on the court.

Every time we play the Mavs they remind me why I hate them so much.