1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

difference between .com and .net

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by jeff from vandy, Dec 7, 1999.

1. jeff from vandy

jeff from vandy Contributing Member

This is just my personal opinion, but after having a day to read both clutchcity.com and clutchcity.net, I now know why I have been coming to Clutch's site for so long.

Call it attitude, cockiness, or just plane humor, but everything on this page is hard nose to the point, all bull-sh*t aside Rox news. Rivals.com is more of your typical news site. I know I am stating the obvious, but I thought I would just let Clutch know that his page is THE BEST sports site on the web.

JK

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

We thank you. We think so too. [​IMG]

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

What I like about CC.net is that I'm not bombarded with ads, .net gets updated faster than .com, and most of our bbs'ers are Rockets fans and I don't have to defend our team like on the .com message boards.

Way to go Clutch!
    gotta get to the .net! - The CC.net, that is!

rockHEAD http://members.tripod.com/~HoustonRocketsFan

4. Jovi

Jovi Member

Have you visited rockets.rivals.com in the last days?

I haven´t (well, sort of) and I won´t.

you can´t compare clutchcity.net and .com

Clutch rules. As always.

------------------
    What do you expect from someone who beats up his fiancee?

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

jeff, rockHEAD, Jovi -- thanks for the comments... was cool reading them and I'm glad you guys like the page so much. Thanks again [​IMG]

6. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I agree. No comparison. I went there a couple times, and I might go back to check articles every so often, but that's it.

The BBS here keeps you coming back daily, more than anything else, as well as your daily involvement. It is much more personal. Once we realized who was here and who was there, the choice was simple.

Thanks again, guys!

7. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

Clutch, it doesn't matter to me what you call your site. I come here because you are here. It's the reason I started when you first started. As I have told you before, it is the personal touch that is the hook for me. Articles like Boston, the Matt Maloney ticket thing, all the way through to training camp this year is what I look for on this site. Some personal sites I have hit can't pull it off because their style isn't right for this medium. As long as your site is a personal site, regardless of what you call it, I will keep coming back.

RW

8. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Are you sure Rivals is the pro site? Based on the quality of this site, I thought you did this page for a living and rivals was done in some 10 year old's bedroom. The NET rocks as you can see by my new signature...

------------------
    The truth is out there... on the NET.