1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you guys see Van Gundy on the sideline?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pistol Pete, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG was lighting someone up during a timeout. The sound on 51 went out at the same time, so I couldn't hear who was getting flamed. It wasn't VSpan this time. I think it was Novak for getting used on defense. They went to the replay and showed where the offensive guy faked right and Novak went with him running in to another Rockets player, then offensive guy went left for a layup. JVG was furious.

Also,at the very end of the game JVG had a huge scowl on his face as he looked in VSpan's direction.

JVG was pissed last night.

2. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

ahhhhh the old JVG is back

goood days

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Billy "Teen Wolf" VSpan's wild play won't last, one way or another. Not sure about the other screaming, but we have seen JVG get pissed at Novak for passing up shots. Were the Rockets in a zone at the time? JVG doesn't usually get upset for getting beat as much as he does for missing your assignment. If the assignment was to make the player go right (since there was another Rocket there), falling for the fake is a mistake for sure.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

I'm sure if "andymoon" was a Rockets player, JVG would be intimidated and wouldn't dare scream at him.

5. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I think that's what happened.

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Yea, I saw the scowl at the end of the game. I thought JVG was going to pull out Billy's heart, puree it and drink it with a straw!

7. lpbman

lpbman Member

Wow 3 nicknames in one!

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

that **** was hillarious

yes it was Novak...

JVG backs up from VSpan...I think because he is coming from a diff culture, country, he wants to give him time to intergrate

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

there were several instances of that in last nights game......LOL

I recall ine where Padgett dribbled the ball off his foot out of bounds and during the timeout JVG pulled up a chair right in front of him on the bench. I love JVG, the guy clearly has a passion to win and expects his players to play at a high level on the court.

10. LFE171

LFE171 Member

lol he had that look like "man you f'ed up so bad youre gonna be doing some bear crawls and crab walks till u cant walk straight"

yikes! poor billy.

11. deshen

deshen Member

JVG has different coaching style from PJ. Hopefully that could motivate the players.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i wonder if he has ever screamed at yao, tmac, motumbo, jhoward or air bowen.. :confused:

13. deshen

deshen Member

probably not on tmac, but others

14. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Yeah, I saw that one too. I had to laugh. JVG looked like he was at wit's end.

15. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I replayed that about 13 times last night and he was definately not looking at Killer Billy. I thought it might have been the next player who walked behind KB. JVG eyes were not fixed on the other one either so it wasn't them. You can not tell where he was looking.

I meant to go back to the 3rd quarter to see who Gundy was screaming at but forgot to.

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

R2K, can you please include the classic stare down in your highlights if you see this post?

Thanks. I don't want anyone to miss it because it was pretty funny.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While PJ & JVG have very different styles, I've seen PJ yell at pretty much all the Laker players except Kobe. His voice is much louder and sterner than JVG's. He doesn't yell as much as he used to, but his voice gets the job done.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I watched, he wasn't yelling at novak, he was yelling at hayes.
    in the middle of that, they show a replay of the previous play and it showed poor rotation by hayes, hence the yelling and such.

19. Stephen1616

Stephen1616 Contributing Member

speaking of Hayes...

I really like the guy ,but what is up with his game lately. I might be wrong. I haven't seen any stats ,but too me looks like his head isn't in the game. Could he be having trouble learning the 5 ? or just trouble working in the 5 ? Is there anyway he could develop some sort of j so he could play at a position more to his size? then the rebounding would just be a bonus.