1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Manti Te'o lie about dead girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by macho87, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

And she wasn't the love of his life...those are just words he said to improve the story. There was an star tribute op ed about how he was tagging chicks all over campus during the relationship. There's another article (w/ deleted tweets and pics) of his "rebound" girlfriend soon after the "death." Te'o was conned, but not only played up his relationship after the knowledge (whenever that was), but also played up his relationship during the con. Just my opinion based on articles and interviews.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Teo needs a little darling

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Text from ESPN:

So Lennay was voiced by a man. Poor Te'o. That's even more sad.

4. raj87

raj87 Member

That's what I suspected. I could not imagine any woman would be willing to spend hours on the phone, nightly, on such a prank.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Te'o is just a huge moron. This has to be huge kick to the junk for his manhood. I don't think you can recover from this.

7. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL this story is so ****ing awesome.

Notre Dame is as corrupt as they come. I don't give a crap about this story, but look up their history of covering up football player related sexual assault. A Catholic institution covering something up, shocker!

#567 SC1211, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Holy ****!!! This story just went Crying Game. LOL. Awesome.

9. Isabel

Isabel Member

Crazy. Maybe he really did get catfished, but obviously wasn't above throwing in some lies to make a better story out of it. He may have exaggerated the seriousness of the relationship. That's a lot of phone calls, though. He really couldn't tell that was a male voice after all that time?

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

People still believe this guy?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oOgv-UuTgac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Te'o was obviously in on this hoax. For him to try to keep up this facade of being the victim is simply an insult to everyone's intelligence.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, is going to refer to someone as their girlfriend in such a manner as Te'o did without having ever met them. Especially someone with means to travel as Te'o had.

Anybody that believes even for a moment that Te'o is not fully complicit in this is unbelievably naive.

13. ths balla

ths balla Member

I still don't understand why he never went to his gf's funeral, or visited her in the hospital. Because if he had tried to, he would have realized he ws being duped. That is my sole argument on why I still feel he was in on it.

14. likestohypeguy

Katie couric website says the interview is at 3pm, but doesn't specify if eastern or central time- coming up now, or in an hour?

15. Nook

Nook Member

Right except Notre Dame isn't a Jesuit university... A Mormon not knowing Christianity, shocker!

16. Nook

Nook Member

Didn't he lie about seeing her die? That probably makes him a bad person.

17. likestohypeguy

^I agree with LTF's take, got tricked, lied because he was embarrassed about having an online gf in the first place as much as getting duped. vs. masterminding the entire thing from the beginning, if that's what's meant by do you people still believe he wasn't in on it (from the beginning)? No question there's a lot he was & still is lying about.

But now, the only person he ever even talked to was a dude doing michael scott's mike tyson voice?!

:(

Oh boy, so much worse. Guess that interview is 3 central. It's not on now anyway.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_2LjwM3B688" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I'm just waiting for the media to insinuate or bring up rumors of him being gay.

20. Louka

Louka Contributing Member