1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Harden 'quietly' set another record?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remlap, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

James continues to put himself into elite company.

According to THIS article (link below; last Saturday) -
    After James Harden’s 26 points, 8 rebounds, and 8 assists in the Houston Rockets’ major blowout of the Knicks on Friday, Harden is now just 6 rebounds away from joining Michael Jordan as the only two players to total 2,700 points, 500 assist, and 500 rebounds in a season (H/T @RobKSports).
    More impressively, he’s just 48 points and 6 rebounds away from being the first and only player amassing 2,800 points, 500 assists, and 500 rebounds in a season

James had 13 rebounds last night in the Suns game which would indicate he achieved that landmark
    He also scored 30 pts.
    I'm guessing another 18 points and he's all alone in the 2,800 point category?
    WOW. Just WOW

https://www.thedreamshake.com/2019/...und-to-join-michael-jordan-in-elite-territory

Patience, Deckard, icewill36 and 16 others like this.
  2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, he did reach that mark. I saw a tweet about it yesterday. And odds are good he'll reach 18 points vs OKC.

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Stacking up the numbers, this was one of the all time performances. Sadly the national story has been Harden "cheats" or it's boring because of fouls called.

Deckard, Why not?, cbs1507 and 6 others like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

2800. 500. 500.

Not MJ. Not Wilt. Not LeBron. Not Kareem. Not Oscar. Not Magic. Not Bird. Not Bill. Not Kobe. Not Timmy. Not the Iceman nor the Admiral. Not even the Dream. And y'all telling me Giannis is the MVP?

#4 Williamson, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Game7, Deckard, Why not? and 33 others like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You know when harden gets those stats there won't even be a little blurb on ESPN about it .

The hate he faces is a joke .

I'm glad he's one mentally strong s.o.b.... or dog/ grinder as he would say lol

Game7, cbs1507, hajkov and 6 others like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Amazing. Harden is the best player in the game hands down.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He needs to avg 36.0, to join Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, he needs to get 30 points vs OKC

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

It's a Nike campaign, after LeBron there is Giannis.

ESPN is the WWE in promotion baby face Giannis, Heel is Harden.

James Harden should be on his 5th MVP, maybe would've had 2 Championships by now.

In 2015, 2018 WCF trips but Media, Outside Fans, want like ability Babyfaces to Market. Stephen Curry, Giannis

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

James Harden needs a Historic Playoff - Championship Run to be taken seriously

James Harden needs a Killer Insinct, when playoffs begin he needs to avg around 40 ppg 8 asts 8 rebs

Every opponent he faces, friends or not, he needs to embarrass them and destroy them.

Especially Russell Westbrook, Paul George, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant and Giannis.

No Mercy, Just Destroy and Conquer All.

10. SemisolidSnake

30 points? I dunno. Has he done that often this season?

Deckard likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not impressed. He's not averaging a triple double, is he? ;)

superfob, Deckard, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Historical, all time season, discredited by former butt hurt players, fat loud mouths who never played, skinny punks who never played, online nephews who talk **** like if they could back it up but can't, etc... i mean find any category of a nba person and they likely will take a giant **** on harden for any reason even if it 'aint true. The worst part is they ignore his growth as a player, as a man, and the tremendous amount of work to go from a top pick, 6th man, team leader, MVP, 1st ballot HOF, and now an all time great. Almost none of those haters ever put in the type of work it takes to have that type of trajectory. They only wish they could and in the meantime they will discredit everything an honest, respectable, man has ever done. A man who has never hurt anyone in his career and has been a great citizen, great ambassador, and always respectful and grateful to the game as can be. They are living sheep who can't think for themselves or see beyond the hate in their guts and they don't deserve any recognition for their biased, hateful, opinions. I will not speak on this again and neither should you. I will support Harden more than ever as I attempt to match my fandom with his hardwork but will likely be unable too. I will talk to my friends and family about his hard work, as a great example of striving for greatness in whatever you do in life.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

He needs to score 21 points against OKC and he'll have 2800 500 500

DreamShook and Tfor3 like this.
  14. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I want to see him top Jordan and Baylor's single game scoring records.

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Mr. Harden. I am a fan for life.

topfive, ipaman and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Harden is amazing!

ipaman and BaselineFade like this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I really don't understand random stat records like that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Voltik

Voltik Member

I guess it’s difficult to understand because it hasn’t been done before (2800, 500, 500).

jcf, BaselineFade, topfive and 2 others like this.
  19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

One thing I have felt is that since Silver took over that there have been a ton of outside influence over things in the league.

Nike has already ordained the next MVP. Giannis is finally getting his first signature shoe that is set to debut later this year - what better way for Nike to market that shoe than have it be what the MVP wears?

Its a joke how much the voting is just concentrated in the ESPN/TNT block of voters and how they all basically vote as one block. The "power" to choose MVP is way too concentrated and with people who have a conflict of interest as well. (They create the narrative they want to push, get ratings and make that narrative come true)

nomiz1987, napalm06, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Win a title.

caneks, AroundTheWorld and saleem like this.