1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did anyone catch the Francis interview during the Comets game on ABC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cato13, Jul 28, 2003.

1. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I just caught a little bit yesterday and was wondering if anyone else could mention what he said.

The lady interviewing him said something like that he and Cuttino were one of the exciting guard teams in the league and if I heard correctly, Steve commented that they were the MOST EXCITING backcourt in the league.

They asked about Jeff Van Gundy being the new coach and he first started off by saying how he respected Rudy T and the things he had done for him and then he said something about hoping that JVG could bring the things he did in New York to Houston.

Can't really remember anything else. Sorry if this was already discussed.

2. writhe

writhe Member

Um ... why were you watching the Comets?

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

hahaha, you were watching the WNBA.

Anyhoo, man, props to you for getting some news.

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

who cares basketball is basketball i was watching a little as well. I represent for the H-town

5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

you know i saw a bit of a wnba game this season and to my complete surprise it didn't exactly suck very much.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

It sucked very very much? :D

7. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

Some of the Comets can take some of our beloved Roxs and any of the Comets could take any of us posters so don't hate

8. silent j

silent j Member

I went a step further...
    I was listening to it on the radio. They talked to Piatkowski at half time. He really said nothing of substance, pretty much the same stuff he said at the press conference.
    j

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

No they couldn't. Ever.

10. R0ckets03

Well in all honesty, I am pretty sure Swoopes would run circles around the Moochster. But that aint nothing to brag about.

11. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Longtime, I really believe that Swoopes can take Mooch........

12. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

Swoopes and Tompson vs Boki and Moochie winner Comets

Swoopes and Tompson vs EG and Hawkins I still give to Comets

The girls have such good fundamentals and good range(all the way to 3point), They also hustle and play with tramendous heart.

13. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

the wnba is a poor excuse for basketball. i watched part of a game for about 3 minutes before i had to change the channel.

14. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Its a great Team and wortwhile supporting. I watch every game I can. Remember its The HOUSTON Comets!

15. R0ckets03

LOL! Thats a good one!

:rolleyes:

All Boki would have to is post up and Thompson or Swoopes would be powerless.

The reason everyone talks about WNBA players having heart is because thats all they might have. They sure as hell don't have alot of talent. Watching WNBA is more boring then watching Moochie dribble for 25 seconds.

They have a dunk contest in their retarted all-star game and no one can dunk! I mean WTF?!?! :D

I'm not saying they suck because they can't dunk (neither can I), but still you get the idea.

16. iball

iball Contributing Member

Some of the WNBA players have some mad skills. Watch Tamika Catchings or Holdsclaw play and you'll see what I mean.

17. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

First of all, I have to give props to the Comets and all WNBA players, as they are making good money playing basketball. Hey, if I could get away with playing basketball for a living, I wouldn't care if no one could dunk a basketball in the league.

However, quite a few players can dunk. Lisa Leslie, Michelle Snow, Margo Didek, Sylvia Crawley, Charlotte Smith, and Yolanda Griffith all have dunked in practice. I do not recall the WNBA having a dunk contest during the All Star game.

18. MONON

MONON Member

After reading this thread, I see we have several types of fans on the board. We have the Houston Rocket fan, the NBA fan and the basketball fan.

The Rocket fan just cares about the Rockets, while the NBA fan enjoys the whole league and (on this board) 95% of the time is a Rocket fan also. Now the basketball fan is the one who gets enjoyment from all levels of the sport from peewee thru the pros. Each level has its pros and cons.

Can the WNBA play with the NBA? No! Can the NBA play fundamental basketball like the WNBA? Maybe, but they've chosen to play the slam dunk in your face macho man style. So if you want to watch fundamental basketball, you're limited to watching the former JAZZ or the WNBA. I prefer the WNBA!:D

19. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

You forgot about our "Yao-only " fans.

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I think Comets could take some of the Rox. If Boki posted up on Thompson and felt boobs on his back and knew they weren't Shaq's, I think he'd lose some concentration.

And if Moochie and Swoopes are hustling for a loose ball, I think Mooch would stare at Swoopes instead of going for the balls.

Adv- Comets