1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dick Burr Selling Stocks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why aren't you complaining about Trump's corrupt dealing to enrich himself and his children? I wonder WHY!

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Trump has sacrificed tremendous wealth by becoming President and enduring the attacks from the nasty, vile left-wing media horde. He has not taken actions to enrich himself personally at all - that allegation is absurd. Net net, running for President was hugely negative to his financial status.

Obama on the other hand, got rich by getting into politics. Nancy Pelosi made a fortune. Joe Biden's kids got rich by selling access to their Father. And Bill and Hillary were pocketing $500,000 per speech from Russians and Ukrainians. Once again the left is more guilty of that which they accused their opponents of...

GOOD DAY

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Burr and Loeffler should end up in prison.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You certainly are always good for a laugh. Sacrificed wealth! Hasn't taken actions to enrich himself! LULZLULZLULZLULZLULZLULZLULZ

IBTL, BaselineFade and B-Bob like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

His children have profited greatly - Ivanka alone has received multiple patents from China for her business. Trump has enriched his hotels and investments, and is making deals in exchange for political favors. Yet you deflect to Obama. Really TJ, you can do better

IBTL likes this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    You couldn't be more wrong. Ivanka had to close down her clothing line altogether because of the nasty, vile liberal hordes. Trump's hotels and investments have declined in value because of the media's attacks on Trump. You are just totally wrong.

Biden did make his son rich by selling access. That's an indisputable fact.
    Hillary and Bill both made a fortune by selling speeches. Indisputable fact.

I'm dealing with facts and specific examples. You have nothing but conjecture and totally false lies. Again, if a liberal is accusing someone of something, more often than not, the liberal is guilty as hell of that which they are accusing others of...

GOOD DAY

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess I have to give Trump a little credit
    He said at the beginning .. . I ain't selling nothing. . I am going to Profiteer as much as I like out in the open

Rocket River

Nook likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Reps should be banned from owning stocks.

Anyone, no matter the letter after their name, should be shamed into retirement for taking advantage of the American people in this way.

IBTL, Andre0087, SWTsig and 1 other person like this.
  10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Then why can't you see all the Republicans involved also...

T_Man

AleksandarN and Mr.Scarface like this.
  11. Senator

Senator Member

Loeffler needs to go to jail, not sure whether men or women's, but all of you "quiet angry people" need to speak up and force the DA's hand on this.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Actually this post is completely full of falsehoods. The Trump children have run a visa scheme to sell Chinese nationals visas to the US. Trump has funneled $40MM dollars to his properties through his office of the presidency. I am sorry you are so oblivious to the reality of how corrupt Trump is. It's unfortunate given that I thought you were an intelligent person. It's unfortunate you have been given such bad information.

I hope you can get closer to the truth.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/20/trump-businesses-empire-tied-presidency-100496

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

After all these years, what makes you think he would all of a sudden become intellectually honest and logical?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I know he is trolling.

IBTL and No Worries like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think we should do lifetime appointments for federal legislators. Give them a good salary around $300,000 a year, no ability to invest and trade and an efficient mechanism that allows removal from office if they violate their oaths.

The revolving door, pandering to donors for the next campaign and insider trading is why majority of our legislators are corrupt.

The job should be a civil service with zero incentives and avenues to profit from the position other than the salary.

Obviously my suggestions are extreme and will never flesh out.

#56 fchowd0311, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  17. Major

Major Member

This seems like a great way to attract the best and brightest.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Rather than the well connected and born wealthy? You think Pelosi is where she is because of pure meritocracy?

The only parts of the government that are efficient stem from the careerists with technical knowledge who aren't wealthy.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I don't think that was ever a prerequisite for getting elected.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, maybe we should fill the legislative branch the same may municipalities fill juries.

You just get a summons in the mail. "Oh, ****. It's my turn to go in and figure out how to write legislation. God dammit."