1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Trade Packages Part 2

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Nov 6, 2021.

?

Which trade partner/package do you like best?

1. MIA: 2022 SF 1st Rd (#12), 2022 2nd Rd (#35), 2023 MIA/SF 1st Rd + 2 Players

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. CAR: 2022 1st Rd (#15), 2023 1st Rd, 2024 1st Rd, + 3 Players

23 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. PHI: 3x 2022 1st Rd (#3 MIA, #10 PHI, #11 IND), 2022 2nd Rd (#42), + 2 Players

51 vote(s)
    56.7%
  4. WFT: 2022 1st Rd (#7), 2023 1st Rd, 2024 1st Rd, 2022 2nd Rd (#39), + 2 Players

10 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. NYG: 2022 1st Rd (#9), 2023 1st Rd, 2024 1st Rd, 2022 2nd Rd (#37), + 2 Players

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. ATL: 2022 1st Rd (#13), 2023 1st Rd, 2024 1st Rd, 2x 2022 2nd Rd (#45 ATL/#56TEN), + 1 player

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. DEN: 2022 1st Rd (#16), 2023 1st Rd, 2024 1st Rd, 2x 2022 2nd Rd (#48 DEN/#64 LAR), + 1 Player

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. NO: 2022 1st Rd (#23), 2023 1st Rd, 2024 1st Rd, 2022 2nd Rd (#55), + 2 Players

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
  9. Other: Team like Lions, Steelers, Raiders, etc. become viable and can put together a pkg.

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't say it was a conspiracy. I said that's just how it is. It makes it easy for people to get away with stuff like this.

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

THAT PICTURE TEXANS TWITTER SHOWED OF NICK ON THE PHONE......HE SHOULD'VE HUNG UP!

NICK IS NO GANGSTER.....HE SUCK

Fulgore and a time to chill like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As an attorney, you should also know it is damn near impossible to prove when it is he said she said as well. Sure, there will always be liars in both sides, but this whole story is shady as hell from the whole stalking reaching out to unknowns, when the team had professional masseuses at his disposal. It's even stranger doing it during the height of a pandemic when he was around a team of players every week.

4. a time to chill

That's silly. We should believe just because a woman said so? We should take allegations seriously, but check out the story. The fact is that the grand jury didn't think there was enough evidence to prosecute on 9 separate cases. Emmit Till was killed over a fake sexual assault allegation.

Fulgore likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Women* dozens of them.

I really hope you and his other supporters have your women safe. Or you might have offered them up to Watson as sacrifice.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Absolutely ****ing disgraceful. Not to mention entirely out of nowhere. I hate this trade on soooo many levels.

Fulgore likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This was all about money. Watson asked for a re-worked contract last summer, while the criminal investigation was going on. If he had gotten it, he would have played for the Texans. All the BS about trust was crap. His agent saw an opportunity to ask for more money and took it....even with the investigations.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So either Caserio didn’t see this coming even though it happened to him already or he was perfectly content with getting the minimum vs maximizing the return. Not good either way.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How was he going to maximize his return when there was only ONE team willing to give Watson a re-worked contract? Without another team, the Browns were bidding against themselves. When the re-work contract was the stumbling block for all the NFC teams. They couldn't do it with their cap issues. When Cleveland said yes, it was over.

10. gucci888

But DW4 didn’t know who or if anyone was willing to rework his deal. Caserio essentially let anyone willing to pay the cover in despite a few “reportedly” being a lot prettier than the other.

He denied the Colts which is understandable. No reason he couldn’t have denied the Browns outside of DW4 stating he’ll only waive his NTC for them, which he’d have no way of knowing without the opportunity to negotiate with them.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

what? lol.

Why would he deny the Browns’ request? They met the 3 - 1st buy-in. Caserio was getting 4 teams bidding in Watson. What happened was the degree of contract re-work that Watson’s agent was requesting. No-one thought a team would agree to that. 3 didn’t, 1 desperate team did.

The contract re-work was not a thing until after Watson met with teams. Watson’s team held that back. The Browns heard about it after they were eliminated and the Panthers were dropped because of the refusal to re-work. Watson had no intention of going to Browns until the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons all refused to re-work the contract to the degree Watson wanted. The Browns got desperate because of Mayfield’s trade request. There was nothing Caserio could do after that. Watson’s agent was counting on one desperate team and they got it with the Browns.

The Falcons thought they were the team a d were negotiating to trade Matt Ryan.

Once $80 million more was on the table, Watson was going to wait the Texans out. Caserio wanted this over and needed to move on. With the other 3 teams out, his leverage was gone and took the deal to move the Texans forward.

#2091 Mr.Scarface, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    Shark44 likes this.
  12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

As far as I’ve heard, this is basically right on the money. The Browns thing came out of nowhere, and the reworked contract basically blindsided everyone. It was a money grab, plain and simple. My issues is that, as usual, the Texans came out in the short end of the trade. I’m so ****ing tired of being constantly worked by other organizations when it comes to making a trade. Regardless of if you plan to keep him or not, you should have gotten at least Baker Mayfield out of this. The Browns were obviously desperate, it seems inconceivable to me that Caserio didn’t get a better return.

#2092 Hank McDowell, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
    gucci888 likes this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think his leverage was gone at all. We can still just refuse to trade him. We are gonna suck either way who cares if he sits again. The Browns on the other hand were so desperate they gave Deshaun a guaranteed 230 million dollars. They woulda caved eventually.

Just activate Deshaun, and if he refuses to show up fine him. It was clearly about money too him so he would have eventually relented to a trade to more teams.

14. gucci888

You are proving my point that Caserio was fine with the minimum.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No..he was handcuffed by the NTC.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are going to waste 2 seasons by doing that. Texans were ready to move on. You are not going to force a player to play. He was not going to relent. He could fake an injury or just play bad. You are wasting time and you need to let Mills play. People were being fed this was going to be a huge haul, but were discounting the NTC. There will be changes in contacts because the NFL doesn’t want this to happen again.

17. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Hey it was better than the Hopkins trade so let’s be happy about that at least

18. gucci888

He was but the NTC does not equate to free agency either. If other teams presented better offers, those should have been DW4's choices. If those teams don't give into his demands, then it's on DW4 to either take what they are offering or name other team(s) he wants to go to. If this was all about money as you stated, DW4 still had no idea who or if anyone was willing to give him what he wanted.

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The morning after...

I was disappointed in yesterday's trade return and frankly that hasn't changed. However, like Scar and Hank said above I believe Cas was handcuffed by Watson's desire, greed and need to have highest guaranteed money in the NFL and only one desperate team willing to do it. Time will tell whether the Browns deal with the devil will be worth it. They need to win a championship in the next 3-5 years to justify the money, reputation and draft capital they've sacrificed.

As for us we pivot to team building without the distraction of DW on the team. Ridding ourselves of him and his ugly personna is a huge win. My God, I'm so happy we didn't pay him $230M guaranteed (no matter what his potential).

In his first draft Caserio's team showed an ability to find talent in each round (despite no 1st or 2nd). My son and I have been draftnik's of sort for years and to find immediate contributors at all 5 picks (that late) is exceedingly rare. I'm truly looking forward to see Mills, Collins and Jordan grow in year 2! I'm also interested to see if Lopez and Wallow can make any kind of jump.

Flash forward to now and we have to be excited about what the draft can bring to our team...
    - 2 1sts (3 and 13), Houston has never had 2 picks this high in same draft in our history (Oilers or Texans)
    - 1 2nd (37), traditionally some very good talent at top of the 2nd and we could use a 3rd to jump in late 1st if we see someone we want
    - 2 3rds (68 and 80), we got Mills and Collins in the 3rd last year
    - 1 4th (108)
    - 3 6th (183, 205, 207) I thought one of these were traded for Cashman, but don't see anyone reporting. Here I'd love to see us double down on a position or two of need looking for gems like Roy Lopez turned out to be.
    - 1 7th (245)

That's 10 picks my friends and a 100% increase over last year's draft. I can get excited about that and what Caserio is able to do with those picks. Time to leave this thread and focus on the draft and free agency--it's certainly been a wild ride!

moonnumack and whag00 like this.
  20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Trade was fine I don’t get all the hate on here… Deshaun holding all the teams involved hostage for a new contract no doubt hurt the compensation. But three 1st is nothing to scoff at.

RocketStan, dmoneybangbang and whag00 like this.