1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I didn’t even think about that.

That would be cool.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Do you not remember the infamous 3 interceptions in the first half by Brian Hoyer..?

I would say Tennesee has better BBQ than Kansas, so I'd say they are third to TX.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, it would perfect if it were held here. The city would lit.

4. conquistador#11

Brian Hoyer? that name doesn't ring a bell. I've never been to Tennessee. Any Tennessee people that own a bbq place in houston?

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Too bad they already did Houston recently so it would never happen.

As perfect as you can realistically be.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans Will always be my #1 team, just like the Rockets and Astros. I've always been a die hard Houston fan. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate and enjoy watching quarterbacks doing something special on other teams.

#726 deb4rockets, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Deshuan still has alot of growing to do. He is indecisive at times and has to rely on his feet to bail him out.... He still needs to improve in many areas, but i wouldnt want any other QB in the NFL right now.

Including Patrick Mahomes.

Meet me in temecula if you wanna bum about it.

8. SuraGotMadHops

It's easy to forget because his career fell off HARD in 2013, but from 2009 to 2012 Schaub was pretty damn good. And I still believe had he not gotten the lisfranc injury in 2011 we had a legit shot at the Super Bowl that year.

YaoMing#1 and Marteen like this.
  9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

For those who b**** about the conservative play, in the past four weeks DW4 has a touchdown to interception ratio of 9:2, and the Texans are 4-0 for those games. The Texans win when they don't turn the ball over, and until DW4 can make the proper adjustments to not turn the ball over, he's going to have a limited play sheet.

The defense is clearly good enough to win games on it's own, as long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over.

Marteen likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think his downfall started when Suh forcibly kicked him in the groin.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That'll do it.

Marteen likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yep, the injury ruined him. I think we had a legit shot at it that year too.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't disagree with the fact that we are probably playing so conservative to eliminate turnovers. That's probably true. But, it's not much fun to watch a conservative offense. I'm not sure that strategy will work against good teams, who actually can drive the ball down the field in a couple minutes and score, rather than run run throw punt. Luckily we are the only team in our division to have more wins than losses though, and have a few losing teams left to play. Maybe then we can see a more exciting offensive mix.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I definitely agree with you but with four caveats:

Josh Allen
    Blake Bortles
    Brock Osweiler
    3rd String Case Keenum

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Be patient, DW4 will "get it" eventually, he's already improved greatly. His problem is he wants to be a winner so he goes into hero/gunslinger mode. I think the offense was slowed down to protect him from himself, just as much as it was to eliminate turnovers.

The team they took to Denver was also a skeleton crew, especially at LB and WR so that was going to be an ugly game regardless of the game plan.

deb4rockets, ZNB and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Texanstradamus

Exactly it was basically a “let’s just get out of here with a win and go into the bye and get healthy” approach

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

The Dolphin game wasn't fun?... Launching 73-yard bombs is... not fun? Throwing 5 TDs is... boring? Watching Deandre Hopkins make super-human catches is... meh?....

That Miami game was 13 days ago.

The Bronco game was a battle of attrition. The Texans' don't have the chops to hold back a ferocious Denver pass rush. So they kept their RBs/TEs in to help protect Watson - and without Fuller + Coutee and a still-new Thomas, that essentially left Hopkins as the *only* viable weapon in the passing game. And they *still* managed to score twice and win.

I don't know... it was pretty impressive. Also, *any* offense that features Deandre Hopkins is fun. Sorry; it is.

Blatz and htownrocketman like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, I like when they go for the long bombs. I said it's boring because we rarely do that, yet have one of the best receivers in the league. Hopkins can catch anything within reach, and I just would love to see him go for the long ones more. We have played conservative most of the year, settling for a couple touchdowns in about 6 of our 9 games. I just get bored with the usual run run pass punt. I might be the exception.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't know how I feel about Deshaun retweeting this

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member