1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Bobby what are your thoughts of "baby hands" so far this season (aside from the usual injuries problems)? Hasn't dropped a catchable ball and most surprisingly is breaking tackles.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That is a good thing. Keep your head down, get better.

conquistador#11 and BigM like this.
  3. Texanstradamus

It’s quite obvious it’s cosching when the same things are happening dude has lost 9 straight games going into last season

BigShasta likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The guy threw for almost 400 yards and 2 TDs behind this o line. Mahomes has superior coaching, weapons, and playcalling to help. Watson is far from a bust

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watson has shown great flash of his abilities, but every time he does something great and starts moving down the field, it gets negated by a stupid o line penalty, or a sack b/c his oline is sht, or sht coach play calling (wide receiver screen 2 in a row, running it down the middle for 1 yard, or some other bs). A good hc and competent oline wouldn't put their rookie qb into a position to play/convert a 3rd and long basically every fking drive. Watson has mistakes, but i think his oline and play calls needs to b fixed first.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Give credit where it is due. Mahomes is throwing bombs with accuracy, and throwing on the run with accuracy. Yards don't mean much if you can't hit guys in the end zone when you have the chance. Mahomes is doing that so far. Watson didn't see open guys at times, and has thrown an interception every week. At times he looks great, and at times he has made bad throws.

whag00 likes this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is true, I am a huge DW fan, but last year he got the benefit of many jump balls. He is not getting those this year. Just a tad off.

9. conquistador#11

Andy Reid has a system. A system that is great to qbs. People always underrate the system. a system is vital for survival. We just have Watson improvising.
    Someone with the fancy pants stats, show us the numbers when Watson is on the loose with defenders nowhere near him and with defenders on top of him.

In 2 of the 3 interceptions thrown he's had to throw it with a guy barrelling down. I don't mind the ints. That has been his game, throwing that 50/50 ball. I would question who he's throwing the 50/50 ball to. To hopkins and Griffin, you live with it. To Miller and some 8th string WR, that's a WTF.

BigShasta and Htownballer38 like this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So where were u last year when Watson had those back to back 4 tds game? It’s easy to kiss mahomes ass now since he’s the hottest qb in the nfl. You sound like a typical bandwagon fan. Guess you’re a warriors fan also right? Smfh

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Mahomes is not coming off of any type of injuries either. Mahomes is not working under a unstable ash coach either. Mahomes is not playing behind one of the worst offensive lines.

Get the drift here. So please stop comparing the two.

12. Texanstradamus

A
    U guys are bafoons the Texans never had a QB and y’all ready to turn on the one that we actually drafted cause his O-line is literally getting him killed play after play ?

Fulgore likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

The giants ran so many short crossing routes. I heard mayock say no pass was over 12 yards in the air.
    check this play out by mahomes. What might stand out and I doubt any of you guys have seen thing anything like this, but the Left tackle is engaged with the other fatty lined up across from him. I didn't even know you could do that.

short passes in the screen game and short routes to get him in rhythm is a staple for Andy's. Love it until he gets to the playoffs.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

But Watson was doing what mahomes is doing now last season as the hot unknown.

I’m not hating on mahomes I like him a lot but Watson was throwing bombs with accuracy, in fact he was the most accurate deep ball thrower and was avg a td like every 6 completions which is just ridiculous and unsustainable as is what mahomes is doing now.

While I think mahomes has better skill position players especially at TE I’m not going to act like Watson plays with bums because Hopkins is an all pro and fuller is a stud.

But mahomes has a much better offensive/qb guru in Andy Reid who’s proven and a much better Oline.

Watson is operating with the worst Oline and possibly the worst coach in the NFL, we can all agree he’s bottem 5.

He’s missing throws, he’s also not getting any time to see the field all his good plays he’s having to make out of nothing dancing around the pocket because he’s getting zero time in it.

He’s put up 310 with 2/1 td:int for a 107 qbr last week and 385 with 2/1 td:int for a 98 qbr.

The Texans have had such garbage qb play I don’t see how anyone can honestly not see that Watson is clearly not the problem.

The coaching and to a bigger degree the Oline is killing this team.

Your Oline can’t have 6 false starts and 5 holding calls in a game and you expect to win.

We’ve lost 3 games by a combined 15 points. It sucks but this team is beating itself and it’s not because of the qb for once.

BigShasta, coachbadlee and zeeshan2 like this.
  15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Mahomes has a better coach, and a better O line around him. But I think Watson has better recievers. Watson is a better overall player, he just has a terrible O line around him, and a stupid coach.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I don’t know; I rather have hunt-kelce-hill than Hopkins and fuller

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's been really amazing when he's been on the field. His "baby hands" have not been an issue, but today his "baby feet" robbed him of a 2nd TD reception, got one in, couldn't get the second one in bounds.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Don't forget that TD that Watson threw that missed him by a few inches

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but that wasn't on Fuller, Watson just over threw one of the fastest guys on the team. Fuller did a hell of a job even making it look close.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yeaq he overthrew Fuller twice