1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deron Williams," There could be another team that comes into the picture."

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 220living, May 22, 2012.

1. 220living

220living Member

"I just hate that people think they know where I'm going, because I don't know where I'm going," said Williams, who isn't allowed to talk with other teams since he hasn't opted out yet. "So there's no way for them to know, or assume that I'm going to Dallas or that I'm staying here. I don't know. There could be another team that comes into the picture."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...dallas-mavericks-deron-williams-says-know-yet

Discuss. Am I reading too much into it or what? Is he saying that there is a chance for the Rockets to get him? Lol... I'm just bored right now and wanted to present an update on Deron Williams' next move.

I would love to have him on this Rockets' roster simply because he has that dribble penetration and a nice jumper. Pair him up with Dwight Howard and this team is set to contend with OKC in the Western Finals..... We'll be dominating in the next 5 years. :D I can only dream right now. :grin:

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Don't be that guy.

3. 220living

220living Member

Lol, what do you mean by that?

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm almost positive that he was talking about the Rockets.

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Just dont be that guy.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lakers, of course.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

could be. if i were the lakers though, i'd trade bynum for howard, or bynum and gasol for howard and jameer or maybe big baby. if i didn't trade gasol or get jameer in that trade, i'd sign nash, and find other pieces to get for gasol. then i'd fire mike brown. easy fix to get them back to championship winning.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think they'll get what they can. Spurs probably have another year in them and OKC isn't going anywhere, and that's just the west. Lakers need a big change to avoid wasting Kobe's final years as a primary option.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Who knows. For all we know he's just being honest and has no particular team in mind.

Maybe he has. Maybe it's the Rockets. Maybe Sampson and McHale have worked the phones.
    It probably doesn't matter as far as the Rockets are concerned until we get that other guy first, though.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Free Agency 101: Make everyone feel like they have a shot, to keep pressure on the one team you actually want to go to.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not us. Of course its the Lakers or Mavericks for all these flakes with too much money and attention.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

You guys are silly. It's the Bobcats. Who wouldnt want to play for MJ and be paired with the likes of that one guy, or whats his name....

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Oh yeah he's probably definitely referring to the Rockets. He might as well start looking for homes in Houston...:rolleyes:

14. Mariachi ROCKET

More Assets! LOL

15. avn81

avn81 Member

Yes! More false hope!

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll be the first to say it: At $20 million per year ($22 million for the Nets), Deron Williams will be a millstone around some team's neck.

Blast away if you disagree, but I see an Amare situation developing except D-Will is a better player. Guys looking to make a royal killing on their 2nd max contract end up killing the teams they sign with.

17. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

[​IMG]

I'll be this guy. Can't believe it hasn't been posted yet...

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol, players NEVER talk about the Rockets. Hell, last night, when Reggie Miller was talking about the botched Pau trade, he said he was supposed to go to New Orleans. The Rockets don't exist in today's NBA. Too good to get exposure through a high pick, too crappy to get exposure in the playoffs.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Where are you getting that number from? Max for DWill starts at around $17 mill, doesn't it?

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...dallas-mavericks-deron-williams-says-know-yet

Deron Williams says he's undecided

Updated: May 22, 2012, 4:51 PM ET

By Mike Mazzeo | Special to ESPNNewYork.com

Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams, who has stated his intentions to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, told reporters Tuesday that he's still undecided on his future.

"I want to reiterate, I don't know what I'm doing next year," Williams said. "Still. Nobody does but me. Not even my mom, my brother, my uncle, my cousin. I haven't talked to anybody about where I'm going next year."

The Nets can offer Williams more years and money than another other team once he opts out -- five years, $109 million compared to four years, $81 million. But there will be other suitors. It is expected that the Dallas Mavericks will make a run at Williams, who grew up there.

Chris Broussard says Deron Williams is his own man and could walk away from the Nets with no regrets.

But Williams doesn't appreciate everyone speculating about where he'll end up.

"I just hate that people think they know where I'm going, because I don't know where I'm going," said Williams, who isn't allowed to talk with other teams since he hasn't opted out yet. "So there's no way for them to know, or assume that I'm going to Dallas or that I'm staying here. I don't know. There could be another team that comes into the picture."

Last week, Williams visited with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and general manager Billy King at the EuroLeague Final Four in Turkey. Williams also took a trip to Russia.

"People say I'm staying here for sure because I went to Russia," Williams said. "Yeah, I went to Russia. I've never been to Russia. A.K. (former Utah Jazz teammate Andrei Kirilenko)'s been telling me to come to Russia for the last six years, so, I went to Russia. It was close to Turkey. I went to Turkey because I love Turkey, I played there for three months. I wanted to see my teammates. I wanted to check out some games, so I went to Istanbul."

This week, the All-Star point guard has been working out at the Nets' practice facility in East Rutherford, N.J. He's even been seen wearing Nets' practice attire.

But Williams doesn't want anyone to read anything into all that. After all, he's still under contract with the Nets.

"I'm here right now because I sold my house in San Diego so I can't go there," Williams said. "I have a house in Utah that I'm trying to sell, but it has no furniture in it, so I can't go there. Plus my kids are in school till June 28, so I have to stay here. Then I leave on July 5 for the Olympic training. So it doesn't really make sense for me to go anywhere."

Williams wants to figure out where he's going to play immediately after the free agency period begins. He wants to have security in case he were to get injured during the Olympics.

Williams is going to Dallas later this week. Granted, he's just going to visit family.

"I'm from there," Williams said. "My mom lives there. My brother lives there. My aunt, my uncles live there. I'm going there to have my son's birthday party. I'm going Thursday through Tuesday."