1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

depresed "robots"!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Nov 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I was watching the game last night, with agony i must ad. so i started thinking and trying to find out what is wrong with this team? because on paper they have everything. then i realized something. looking at body languages, i realized this team just does not enjoy being on the court. they do not look like they have fun, doing what they do. they look like "robots' - sorry francis. but he is right. they walk up and down the court looking scared off the coach and making a mistake than having fun. rememebr wat they looked like when they were winning last year? all the high fives, finger waging, cheering on the bench, Sura making the "three sign" after each made shot. it is all gone. there is no joy, no spirit, bunch of zombies. and zombies can't win basketball game. no mater how much you get paid, if you do not enjoy your job, your performance suffers. I know i have employees, and throughout the years i found out that people do better when they enjoy showing up for their jobs. I played about 20 years ago. and i beleive that teams do adopt the personalities of their coach. and when we have a coach that is constantly negatve and doom nd gloom, that is gonna show up on the court.

So my humble advise to JVG is relax. let them play. they you have all the talent, to win. then we will enjoy watching them again, if they loose. as i have for the past 30 years.

cuase i am dying seeing the trapped soles suffer and suffocate on tose games.

2. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

uh-oh, yesteryear once more.

3. Toast

Toast Member

Welcome to the start of the season. Where guys are still trying to figure out where they're supposed to be on the court. And where their teammates are. And WHO their teammates are for that matter.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I think our team is pretty happy tho'. You saw them all laughing on opening night. I like the chemistry. I just thing we need someone who can legitimately hit an open shot. But I agree on the whole. You need someone like Magic who is just having a good time.

5. futureman

futureman Contributing Member

i disagree. zombie's can play baskeball. just rent "Zom-B-Ball: European Championship". The zombie team beats the greek national team in the finals. sorry to ruin the movie's ending.

6. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I have got to agree.
    Seems like JVG is trying to pound the ball into Yao and make him "the man" forgetting all other options. Cant DA or Swift drive the lanes?
    Dont we have outside shooting guards in Wesley (i know), Barry, and Rafer?
    Where is the inside-out? kick out 3?
    It just seems Alston and DA are playing with restrictions at times.
    There are glimpses of Alstons potential.
    DA just seems lost.
    and Head is showing tremendous potential, perhaps cause he is a rookie and doesnt understand JVG rules???

Overall its pretty much the same play over and over. Pass the ball to the corner, dump it to the low post. I heard Barry say they have 10 opitons out of this position, but it doesnt seem that any of them are working too good right now.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

It's never fun losing. No more 'three' fingers sign because they're not making the shots.

8. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Yah, that's why players want to come here and players from last year have all declared that it was the most "fun" they have had in a while.

I don't see how we can be upset when we have national sports writers (who are unfamiliar with this team) continually stereotyping JVG from his NYC days, if die-hards on this very forum (who should know better) continue to post crap about "the no fun JVG" or the "playing like robots" nonsense... :rolleyes:

If our superstars and every role player is swearing by this man, then who am I to say otherwise?

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Perhaps they just need new shoes. ;)

10. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I know,i noticed it lke other typos but i could not edit.