1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver throwing a game away to Portland on purpose in hope of Houston falling to #4 seed!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Voltik

Voltik Member

There aren’t any viable options besides winning out, unless Portland loses a game. Even then we likely need to win out for OKC to play GSW. Never root against your own team man.

I say we go for 2nd seed and ensure OKC plays GSW or Denver. We play Denver with homecourt and GSW hopefully plays Utah, I wouldn’t mind that even if we have to play OKC in round 1. This team may need some challenges to be at full strength just like 95 team because there hasn’t been enough time to gel.

#81 Voltik, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Does any of this even matter at all for the Rockets? We should be significantly better than any team we play before the Warriors. The only thing at play for us is getting the highest seed possible and playing the Warriors in the conference finals.

What these other teams decide to do makes no difference to me.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

agree but we should also be significantly better than warriors buddy...show some respect to rockets...we got their number last couple of years...

BigShasta likes this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We’re not significantly better than the Warriors. I never said we won’t beat them though.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how come were not?

didnt we convincingly beat their asses this entire year ..save that 2 pts loss in the last game?
    in my book we are significantly better than them... and they better get foster brothers ready to play significant minutes in order to avoid being swept...

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt denver is too concerned with our seeding

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Do I really need to explain why we aren’t “significantly” better than the Warriors? Regular season matchups don’t really prove all that much of anything other than when the playoffs comes around, it should be another great battle between two juggernauts.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

in last 2 seasons playoffs included we consistently beat their asses except when injured or when the refs helped them...
    do you predict the refs will be biased again?

how come then you claim we are significantly better than other teams?

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can’t wait to play Denver in round 2.

They are clearly scared.

10. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

You and me both! I live in Denver so can't wait to get my rockets hoodie out if we play them.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Dude we didn’t beat the Warriors ass in the playoffs. That’s not reality. We probably would have won if Chris Paul was healthy and maybe even if the officiating was better in game 7.

The Rockets have a great shot at a championship this season, including beating the Warriors. I’m not sure what else you expect me to say.

Harrisment likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Two top 20 players all time are playing with four current or past all stars. No team ever is significantly better than them. That guy is on drugs.

Harrisment and BigM like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would rather play the Warriors second round. First round we will be rusty, WCF is where fatigue and injuries set in. Second round we will be peaking

14. Agent94

Agent94 Member

We really want to beat OKC. If we win that game, we are at worst the third seed. OKC will most likely finish 8th. Then the Warriors would have to play OKC, Utah in the first two rounds. Rockets would end up playing Clippers or Spurs / Denver which seems like an easier path. Lose that game and we probably end up playing Utah, Warriors.

bj3175, Y2JT and BigShasta like this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That OKC game will be tough, after two games playing against g-league teams.

Smart move by the Nuggets.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets weren't rusty in the WCF. The first game of the WCF last year was a loss because the Rockets weren't ready for a GSW team after dismantling the Wolves and Jazz. Rockets promptly won the next game in Houston and grabbed a win in Oakland.

Even the games when CP3 was injured Rockets were up double digits at halftime before the refs had to rig the outcome.

And remember folks, Anderson and Joe Johnson had to play the last game and the Rockets were still up before Scott Foster was sent in to secure a GSW win. Rockets are deeper than last year.

#96 DreamShook, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    whiskeyred and don grahamleone like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is there any reason why the Jazz should be ok with losing against Denver? Is there any scenario that leads Utah to face us instead of Portland in the 1st round, like, if Utah loses to Denver after Denver loses to Portland, there's a chance we end up 4th and Utah has to face us instead of Portland?

If the Jazz need to win against the Nuggets if they want to face Portland instead of us, i think this is a big risk for Denver.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it will be tough, but remember when OKC were at peak powers, Rockets were up 20+ on them before Rockets forgot to step on the neck and lost that game a couple months ago. OKC isn't as good as they were back then. Rockets got much better since that last meeting.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. jowman

jowman Member

Teams like Denver annoy me when they do this ****. They know they are not winning anything but want to mess around with seeding and screw the rockets over. We want to see a rockets/warriors conf finals matchup, nobody wants to watch Denver get swept by one of those teams.

BeBreezy likes this.
  20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

It's all good, but would love to have about 5 wins from that ugly start