1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver throwing a game away to Portland on purpose in hope of Houston falling to #4 seed!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Apr 6, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Also Denver is not guaranteed to make the 2nd round, just sayin.....or maybe they need more than 5 games.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lebron needs to suit up for the Portland game.
    It's the last home game for the Lakers.
    He owes it to the fans.

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I’m pissed GS getting a cakewalk first round. Traveling in state with basically home court all games to easily sweep the Clippers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he knows what's up, and that Denver is a relatively young team with a young core at least.

I suspect them going hard at a perennial Allstar these coming years. HAM.

Recent playoff results dun matter to them as much as they do to us. Ppl here dun get it.

They hoped IT could give them enough firepower but he can't. He is toast.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is wild. Your best asset and they are cool just throwing it away off some bullshit? Every little bit counts. Home court is a crucial component in the playoffs especially to a young team.. Basketball Jesus is watching.

#225 DreamShook, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Jazz still need to win to not fall to the 6/7th seed so, hopefully they will get a W against Denver...

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

they always do... even last year when the rockets had the 1 seed they still got an easier matchup . such is life

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am so confused by all this playoff seeding chaos/manipulation. If you are the warriors or the nuggets, you have to play the rockets in round 2 or 3..

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It would be a really strange move on Denver's part. What's with the cockiness? That team is young, rest is overrated sometimes.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Will Denver rest their starters again on Tuesday?

DD

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are built for the future, my explanation is they know they are not contenders but they can beat one or two teams in the WC.

So they do what they can now, and plan for the future in the offseason. (Everyone knows GSW cannot keep all of their players in the future)

Rest is one thing, I think they are going to train 3rd stringers to be competitive.

I think it is more long term thinking than cockiness...sure they are confident.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets were so good last year, MDA started resting players 5 games out and everyone was rusty as hell, forgot how to play basketball. Rockets, right now, are playing their best ball because they are forced to win these games. OKC is the final test. I was worried about the Clippers and the Rockets blitzed them. I'm a little worried about OKC. Let's see how they do. I hope they crush them.

hakeem94 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is not how you act when you have nothing to lose and just happy to be there. This is what happens when you are scared.

14. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Was about to reply “Hell no”, but I think you’re right. OKC two back of Jazz and both have two games remaining. Looks like both Utah and Portland play Tuesday with Utah’s game tipping off 8pm and Portland’s at 9:30pm. So the question is does Utah care about the outside opportunity of catching Portland or the outside chance of OKC catching the Jazz

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because you see it with the glasses of a contender.

They are not...... it is good to admit what you are.

You can go into the playoffs knowing you can compete for the 2nd or 3rd round but won't win it all and come back with another Allstar if you can add one, and be better.

I dun think it's a bad situation they are in during a GSW and possibly Houston reign.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Long term they are going to be eventually better situated than Blazers.

17. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Beat OKC for 3, any better we’ll just have to wait and see. Lose to OKC and you open the door wide open to a G-State match-up in round 2. Just hope Rockets dont do something stupid and rest anyone the final game cause it’s on

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, anything can happen. Rockets got to the finals the year Dream was drafted Hakeem's second year then everything changed when Ralph got injured. When you are in a position to win, you don't tank. You aren't playing for the future. The future isn't assured. This is shameful. I hope it backfires for Denver in spectacular fashion.

#238 DreamShook, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Denver isn't Houston, never got championship pedigree, I could be wrong.

Just a crude theory of mine and what I would do if I were them.

I would not have rested Murray or Jokic though. Millsap is old, he can.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So what. Could be our best opportunity to beat them, by facing them earlier.

Not to mention, Capela would have $1,000,000 riding on beat GSW to get his WCF incentive bonus.

And beating them in the 2nd round gives us a whole nother easy round (DEN, lulz) to prepare for a Finals against Philly.

hakeem94 likes this.