1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro

You don't know what his real relationships are with women. So what he is rich. They marry trophy wives. They married him cause he is rich. What does that say about them.

He put a lot of trust in Kelly Anne Conway.

You don't like him I get it. That doesn't prove **** so stop wasting my time with your OPINION

My opinion is he knows where to draw the line of getting people like you riled up and action. He isn't stupid and some of y'all refuse to accept he knew where to campaign, how to message, and how to exploit the holes in the Clinton brand

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The fact that you believe he is intelligent displays your own. That's all.

Hear these words very carefully.

He serves NO PRAGMATIC PURPOSE in trying to rile up and insult 'people like me' unless you believe that riling up and pissing of a segment off a country is what drives up his turnout which then corners you into a situation where you are defending a man who depends on votes from people who turn out to vote on a purpose of hate.

None of what you typed mentioned has anything to do with the plethora of women, all of whom you are assuming are lying, his own words regarding grabbing women's gentiles and his history of always being involved things like adult beauty pageant, prostitutes, his choice in wives etc. The man's libido is obviously above average. That's the best conclusion of him we can make if we ignore the many accusations.

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I addressed the most serious allegations. All of them don't deem response.

You keep telling me I admire him which I don't and you think it clouds my judgement. Your disdain has clouded your judgement.

You have basically said several times since he is a jerk he must be guilty. That's not how I make my judgement

Edit: the civil suit for raping the minor was not dropped in California it was dismissed. It was filled in California and New York.

It's bullshit

#323 pgabriel, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  4. fchowd0311

You just don't get it.

My opinion of him was made up in the 90s. That's when most rational adults formed an opinion of him. That was well before he ever considered being a GOP politician. He was in the spot light since the 80s. He's been known as a dunce, daddy's money Playboy for a long ****ing time know. He's had sexual assault allegations on him well before he ever ran.

It doesn't help that he explicitly admits verbally to the immoral behavior we are attributing him to.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Again

He is a spoiled so he is a rapist?

I'm addressing actual allegations. You're just saying they must be true cause you don't like him

6. fchowd0311

I don't like him because of his actions based in individual merit.

So ya I don't like him. But I don't like him based in reasonable data points over his 4 decades of being in the public sphere.

He's verbally admitted to groping women without consent also. It's like he's shoving your head down a toilet and somehow you magically still have his dick up your mouth. It's so god damn obvious this dude has inappropriately harrased women sexually before but you are too blinded by the MAGA dick.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What he "admitted" to was inappropriate comments in a private conversation

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So this whole page is about Trump. Great Frankenthread.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is why a Trump political strategist would tell you Republicans that you should stay far away from moral high ground on sexual misconduct.

Republicans lost that card when they voted Trump in and still act like they don’t support Roy Moore. This is just like Democrats had to deal with Bill Clinton and the whataboutisms they got for years any time this topic was brought up for years. It’s only been a year with Trump whataboutisms... try 20 years with Democrats.

Sexual misconduct knows no poltical partisanship so it’s dumb to politically blast away knowing your tribe is just as guilty. Either we start setting some sort of bar for bipartisan agreement on sexual misconduct or we continue whataboutisms for another generation.

I want the bar to be that if you are a sexual predator who has abused someone sexually, you should get kicked out of office. In this day in age, I believe Bill Clinton would be needing to resign and let Al Gore takeover. I believe Al Franken should also resign.

Will one Republican here be willing to accept that bar for sexual misconduct and say that Trump also should resign and let Pence takeover?

If not, you just proved that you are not ready to be taken seriously on a conversation about the topic and you have no moral high ground to judge if you cannot come to a nonpartisan bar for misconduct in office. Should be pretty easy stuff but I bet you it won’t be and Trump fans will just gloss over this post.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not backing down is why he won. On any subject. It would be totally against his nature in the first place

11. fchowd0311

He won because a bunch of idiots voted for him. Pandering to idiots might work for winning elections but it doesn't work well in managing the world's largest bureaucracy and commanding the world's largest military.

No Worries likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not true at all. He won because tribalism over everything.

Reg his defiance - OJ didn’t back down but it doesn’t mean anyone actually believed he was innocent. Trumps defiance isn’t something noble anyone admires... its delusion that is so intense it wears everyone out. If you admire it yourself you are just as sick and delusional.

You and everyone knew what he did but you supported him anyway. Because your own personal agenda to put Evangelical right wing judges on the bench, taking healthcare away from poor and old people, and giving tax breaks to the top 5% was too important to not vote for a sexual predator.

So let’s cut the Bulls$&@ please.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You can't manage anything without winning first
    Call it tribalism or whatever. That's what people like about him. You can argue all you want.

He won to everyone's dismay so he knows what he is doing in that regard

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Some people like the guy who says I'm not apologizing for something I didn't do despite public sentiment

Trump didn't make any excuse for those groping comments but he isn't going to apologizing while claiming innonce on something

15. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

trump himself bragged about walking in on them while they were changing. also, just because some contestants say it did not happen does not mean it did not happen to others.

i remember you being a complete toady for obama. you would get really upset and irrational with people who were critical of him. and now you are doing the same thing for trump, but you claim you dont like him...its weird.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-beauty-pageants-naked-2dc4b6c6d507/
    “You see these incredible looking women… I sort of get away with things like that.”

“Before a show, I’ll go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed, and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” he said. “You know, I’m inspecting because I want to make sure that everything is good.”

“You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’” he continued. “And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that.”

According to interviews BuzzFeed News conducted with former Miss Teen USA contestants, Trump did just that in 1997. Four women who were competing in the pageant that year — including one who was 15 at the time — recalled that Trump walked into the dressing area while they were changing.

One of them called it “shocking” and “creepy” and said she rushed to cover herself. Another recalled that the contestants were “just scrambling to grab stuff… whatever garments they had.”

Another called it “really shocking,” saying, “We were all naked.”

“I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,’” Mariah Billado, former Miss Vermont Teen USA, said.

Billado remembered Trump saying something like, “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.” Another who was 17 at the time recalled that it seemed Trump felt “it was his given right… because he owned the pageant.”

“At the time, you’re a teenager, you’re intimidated — it’s Donald Trump, he runs the pageant,” she said.

Another former contestant has told the same story. Tasha Dixon, who competed as Miss Arizona at age 18, told CBS2 LA, “He just came strolling right in, there was no second to put a robe on or any sort of clothing or anything. Some girls were topless, other girls were naked.” She added that they were in “a very physically vulnerable position.”

“Who do you complain to? He owns the pageant,” she added. “So there’s no one to complain to, everyone there works for him.”

None of the women who talked to BuzzFeed News said Trump touched them or said anything explicit. Meanwhile, 11 other contestants didn’t remember seeing Trump walk into the dressing area. The Trump campaign has called these stories “totally false.”

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How am I being irrational. It's all innuendo. There are contestants in the pageant who claimed it never happened.

This would be a lot better forum without the value judgement

I don't believe something that's never been proven so I'm irrational?

The guy is on Stern being an outrageous Stern guest. No I don't base my opinion on Howard Stern show stupidity.

17. fchowd0311

You are basically making an argument that any woman who waited a decade or more out of fear are in essence not ever to be believed because none of these allegations will ever be tried in court thus any person of power can get away with rape or sexual assault Scott free as long as their victim is pushed to remain silent for a decade or so.

Name me a man on this planet that has more than ten allegations of sexual assault placed upon them that isn't Donald Trump that you genuinely believe has never sexually abused a woman.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The civil lawsuit which is easier to prove than a criminal which we all learned from O.J. was thrown out of court. Not dropped but blocked

19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

again, just because some contestants say it did not happen does not mean that it did not happen to others. especially when you have trump himself bragging about it. why are you ignoring trumps own words?

agree - this forum would be a lot better if people would acknowledge basic facts and not be blinded by irrationality and idolatry of their political heroes.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It would be better if you actually read people's posts. I don't admire his politics I respect that he won

The USA is irrational with it's rapist President