1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dell took back their offer!...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candlegreen, Jul 30, 2009.

1. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Just a minor vent.... I bought a camera off of Dell's website when they advertised a deal for their Canon Powershot SD1200 camera. I guess it was too good to be true? I haven't really checked on the listing price, but the reviews were good and it was all over a few deal sites.

anyways, here's the e-mail I got today.

Somehow, that really annoyed me.... :(

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

At least you can still buy the Camera at the discounted price after July 30th. :)

3. kona-

kona- Member

How much did you purchase it for?

4. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Dell has a habit of doing that....nothing you could do.

5. conquistador#11

They did that to me when I attempted to purchase the fujifilm s700. It was originally a 250 camera and they had it for a 135, then I got something similar to the email you got. Only they included a coupon to save 10 bucks. =/

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

They have a disclaimer at the bottom of their online store that says all sales are subject to cancellation if there is a price mistake. They do it often.

I remember earlier this year, they had 32" Vizio LCD TVs for $100. I think they were all canceled. :(

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This happens quite often w/ deals that are popular on sites like SlickDeals or Fatwallet. People find a price mistake and mention it on these sites and it spreads like wildfire. The companies see a sudden spike in sales for that particular item and realize said price mistake and make a correction. It's happened to me twice.

Basically if it looks like a price mistake, your most likely not going to get it in the end.

8. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Yeah, not to belittle the OP's complaint, but this has been going on for years.

9. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Oh well, it's really over 40 dollars or so, but pretty bad way of doing things.