1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dell Curry Anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LAfadeaway33, Jul 7, 2002.

1. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Since our only need is a backup two guard, that is if we find one better than Oscar, we should look into picking up Dell Curry who's a free agent. The guy was one of the best shooters in the league a few years ago and is capeable of having big games. I know he's old but he could provide a solid shooting touch off the bench. He would be kind of like Eddie Johnson of years past. We could probably sign him for cheep and you can never have enough shooters on your team, especially the Rockets.

2. silent j

silent j Member

I like it. It would definately be a change of pace from Mobely when Curry is on the floor. I just don't think he'll be all that cheap,I think there are a lot of teams who would like to have him on their bench.
    j

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

chicken curry anyone? mmm... it's lunchtime... what's for lunch?

:)

4. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Taco Bell here! :p chicken quesadillas 2 tacos and a double decker taco yummy anways Cury can light it up but we dont need him....end of story:D

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Del Cury is a Plus Plus on any Team. If we can get him cheap he could be a great help to us.

6. tbagain

tbagain Member

Show some respect for Curry- he is old enough to be your father.

7. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

no way would i want dell curry to be our backup sg we dont need to sign any FA's, oscar torres will be the backup sg, tito maddux might see some misn there to i dunno but we dont need to spend any money on FA's for here on out we need to save our money for francis/griffin/ming/nachbar longterm

8. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Don't Forget Cat

I do like Curry... Rice and Curry off the bench would be pretty spicy for the second team:p

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

In another thread, Doc Rocket said OT was almost as good as gone. He also said he doubted that Maddux made the team at all. This may or may not happen, but I tend to trust what Doc says here and that means we DO need a backup 2.

That being said, Dell Curry isn't my first choice by any stretch but I wouldn't be unhappy if we picked him up cheap. He could provide some veteran guidance to our young guards and he MIGHT have a good game or two left in him.

10. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

we allready have cat locked up for 4 more yrs i think

11. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

ya i saw that post and i know Doc Rocket is well respected as a rocket insider on this site but i dont buy at all that torres, brown, AND maddux all wont make the team, id be willing to bet atleast one them will make the team but probly two of them will and maybe even all three, i dont see us signing more than one FA if any at all

12. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

i think torres is a lock to make the team and i think the reason he didnt play much at all last season is because they dont want the rest of the league to see how good he is and then resign him for cheap but i am kind of surprised we didnt pick up the option

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dell Curry is a one-dimensional player and he isn't going to help this squad out at all....

14. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I'm a BIG TIME OT fan, but that right there tells me a whole lot. I thought from what I saw last year he'd make a damn good defensive minded backup two but if he was in our plans I think we would have picked up that option. As far as Tierre and Maddux go, I would think that at least one of those guys would stick around but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

15. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

we have enough scorers.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Dude, you're gettin a Dell!

17. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

I thought this might be related information...

Though he played the 3....anybody remember when we picked up the old gunslinger in Eddie Johnson? How about that as one of the best FA veteran pickups..

If Dell could provide that smart guidance, and timely shooting.. he may just be what the doctor ordered.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Curry was a fossil when Rice was in his prime, no?

19. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I would love to have Eddie back (of course the younger Eddie at about 39 or 40) to make those clutch baskets. Remember the game when nearly our whole starting linup was suspended for fighting the game before and Eddie came in at Utah to score 40 some points and keep us ahead for most of the game until the end when Utah pulled away. He was about 40 at the time and the fans in the Delta Center were even chanting Eddie-Eddie-Eddie. That and the time Clyde Drexler played his last NBA game showed me that although we hate them so much, the Jazz fans do appreciate good basketball.