1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Deliver Us From Evil"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I just watched this 2006 documentary about Catholic clergy raping children, the archdiocese (at that time anyway) actively defending hundreds of thousands of incidents of child rape, the long practice of sending child rapists to other dioceses to rape again rather than calling the cops, and the Vatican being cool with all that and refusing admission to rape victims that traveled across the world to hand deliver a letter, to which the Vatican refused to respond.

An Irish Catholic priest walks free in Ireland today after raping more than 50 children. He did 7 years in US prison and was deported to Ireland. He laughs and smiles as he tells his story and takes no responsibility for his crimes.

There are at least millions of good Catholics in this world, but as for their leadership? **** THEM. They make me wish there was a Hell. Because The Pope and virtually all of the leadership beneath him would be the very first in line.

Remember when Sinead O'Connor got in so much trouble for tearing up a picture of the Pope on SNL?

We should all be tearing up pictures of the Pope. And we should all be rioting at The Vatican. And those riots should be led by good Catholics.

George W. Bush, in yet one more crime against humanity, granted the Pope immunity from any and all criminal prosecution. I hope somebody kills this evil man (The Pope, not Bush). After they get done raping him.

I dare you to watch this documentary, Deliver Us From Evil, and disagree.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bush or the pope? (or both?)

3. Batman Jones

I edited. Bush was a complete ******* for doing this but I do not wish death or physical violence on him. The Pope on the other hand can go to hell. I hope his death is violent, I hope he suffers, and I hope he gets raped into the bargain.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

C'mon man. Those rapists are garbarge and if the Pope was involved in covering it up then they should all spend the rest of their lives in prison but wishing violent death and rape on anyone is just unhinged. It's not what you want to be about and it's not what our principles as a people are about.

1 person likes this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

hey it's Batman Jones taking the opportunity to bash some element of Christianity!

his favorite pastime

6. Batman Jones

Speak for yourself. As far as I'm concerned every single person involved in actively covering this stuff up deserves more than an eye for an eye.

Watch the movie and I think you'll understand why these are my principles. I don't claim to hold the same ones as you, even if we do often agree.

Thousands or millions of lives have been irretrievably ruined (80% of rape victims don't even report it) and the Catholic Church, from the very top, continues the cover-up.

Rape and murder are too good for those people.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I am as Catholic as anyone you will find.

I was born Catholic, raised and mentored by Jesuits.

....... however I cannot disagree with Batman on this point, as much as I would like to....

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing
    evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Humans make me sick.

I understand your venom. Exploiting a position of power and protection over people is so twisted. It's unreal how many lives and minds have been ruined because of hypocrites like this.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I see that even all the intellect in the world doesn't guarantee that someone is reasonable. The last part of that quote is insane.

11. Batman Jones

p.s. to CometsWin:

I expect you'd feel a lot differently if it was your mother, father, sister, brother, son, or daughter that was repeatedly raped by a man they were told to trust implicitly as he was sent by God to guide them -- one of the incidents with this priest that walks free in his home country and will receive retirement from the Church at age 65 began at the age of 5. He took the kid into the bushes and ****ed him in the ass. At 5. And, no matter how often officials in the Church were made aware of the serial abuse, they just kept reassigning them to other places where they could rape more children.

To this day, the Church claims privilege in the bishops' conversations with the offenders and it continues to obstruct and otherwise frustrate police investigations.

There are no more evil people than they. They are worse than serial killers. At least killers' victims don't have to live with the trauma for the rest of their lives; at least dead people don't have to suffer the trauma over and over again as they seek justice they will likely never find. Why? The Pope and his minions. EVIL.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you off your meds? :confused:

Do you have a link to that documentary you watched?

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I believe in justice and I would hope that you do as well. Rape and murder isn't justice. It's revenge and brutality and it doesn't lead to anything good.

My distrust for religion is well chronicled here and trust me I'd be devastated if that happened to someone in my family. It would test me and what I believe in, no question. I don't know what I would do and maybe I would do the wrong thing but it doesn't make it any less wrong.

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree with OP about the subject of the documentary taking no responsibility for his actions. It's horrible that he's walking free, but I thought it was a fascinating look into the mind of one of those priests. I think he admits wrongdoing.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tell that to the hundreds of millions of innocent people that have died, as a result of invisible, flying teapots.
    The quote from Weinberg is on point, in my opinion.

17. Batman Jones

I agree. It doesn't change my mind. I didn't pretend to advocate for justice; revenge and brutality were exactly what I had in mind.

You'll notice I didn't wish violence upon the kid rapers. I think they should just be separated from society, entirely and for life -- in jail or elsewhere. That's not for me to judge.

I'm not talking about child rapists (though the vast majority should never see daylight again); I mean the ones that knew about it and aided and abetted in it. A pedophile is sick in the head; the leaders of the Catholic Church are not. And it is they, not the rapists themselves, that deserve eternal scorn. I admit I just saw the movie I'm running pretty hot as a result of it but no punishment is good enough for those that knew about it and not just allowed but actually aided in its continuance.

18. Batman Jones

He smiles throughout, he laughs, he says he hopes he has better days ahead. He writes a letter to the victims inviting them to talk with them and expresses the hope that, while they might not share a hug after, they'll at least be able to shake hands.

This man is clueless. But he is not the target of my anger.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am going to watch that documentary. Is it somehow proven that Pope Benedict "aided and abetted" in child molestation?

I understand you are angry, but what you said is horribly wrong. You should not wish that upon anyone.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it leans closer to revenge than justice, but there would clearly be some justice in it.

In either case, the focus on whether or not the Pope deserves to be raped and die a violent death is overshadowing the bigger picture, which is the Church, organizationally is completely f'ed up. I don't see how anyone can go to church every week or in any way support it organizationally given their response to the scandal. Moreover, there should be a special place in hell for both the perpetrators of the sin and those that have failed to condemn it and through their repeated inaction to save face and keep power have in effect condoned and encouraged such action.

Like the Penn St. scandal, I think it is a VERY fine line between "aided and abetted" and "encouraged through inaction". Since abetted effectively means encouraged or assist then one could argue yes, the Pope abetted in child molestation. More indirectly than directly, but nonetheless it is what it is.