1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Deep Dumbtoni thoughts...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BamBam, Feb 2, 2021.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

I bet Dantoni wishes his Rocket teams played this well on defense and offense! Coach Silas has our team playing beautiful winning basketball! It’s amazing what a real coach can get his players to buy into...TEAM basketball!! If the Nets end up winning a chip, he’ll be a footnote at best!

(P.S) It’s an autographed book..:confused:

#1 BamBam, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Highlyrated, TMac'n, hajkov and 7 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Since I like OP, I'm gonna refrain from being rude. But anyone who actually think MDA isnt a real coach or wont be making the hall of fame or didnt bring the Rockets success frankly doesnt know basketball and has no idea what "adjustments" are.

3. BamBam

Dang bro, I’m adjusting right now trying to let your backhand compliment slide off...

Didn’t like dumbtoni system when he was here and I’m glad he decided to go be a footnote somewhere else! He’ll probably get in the Hall but not for being a Championship coach...:confused:

Peace & Love

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Its only insulting if you believe whatever I said was wrong. Did he not bring the Rocket success? Was he not a real coach? Will he not be making the HOF? Like if MDA, Morey and Harden are gone....lets just let them be gone. Silas was a great hire and Im happy with how he's been doing.

We even Tillman Only fans here....bumping other threads and making stupid ass spread sheets like its gonna fool people into believing he isnt garbage(ignore this rant, its not directed towards you). And playing the "lES WaS cHEaP tOo" card like that's the ONLY thing that is wrong with Fertitta and its been since he bought the team.

And for what its worth...imo he should be a two time champion. The league screwed and injuries screwed his teams over. :(

burlesk, D-rock, hajkov and 2 others like this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Name a single Dantoni team that overachieved. A single team that wouldn't have been just as good with a peewee league coach.

Now name a team that has overachieved under Silas. We are witnessing one. And apparently Dallas last year as well.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

LMAO you are a dumbass.

Phoneix overachieved heavily with Nash their very first year. Without Dantoin, Nash isnt seen as the HOF that he is. Our very first year with him when he came here, we overachieved, we were never supposed to be that good. OKC was projected to better than us record wise.

Pee wee level coach, that's why he led the league multiple times in out of time out plays efficiency wise. Yea that's pee wee level alright.

We also overachieved playing agains the Warriors, our talent and their talent level was such a huge gap its not even funny.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The very first Rockets team he coached was projected to be a .500 fringe playoff/lottery team and ended up as one of the best teams in the league.

#7 SamFisher, Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  8. BamBam

I think his system was gimmicky/flawed, was horrible at in-game adjustments, and developing young players! That’s my opinion, you have your opinion no need to continue the back in forth on the matter. I’ve already agreed that he will get into the the Hall...

This will be my last response to you in THIS thread, let’s just agree that we disagree...;)

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Weren't you just crying about civility in the "Top 4 Pick or Bust" thread?

10. csc177

csc177 Member

Agreed. MDA is definitely a good coach, you'd be a fool to think otherwise. HOWEVER, he's is not a championship coach.

11. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Was he the greatest coach of all time? No.

However, we won a franchise best 65 games under MDA.

When I think of that team, I think of the style we played and he implanted that alongside Morey.

I’m thankful it worked out then, and seems to be trending positively now too.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Can't really tell if it's MDA that is not flexible, or Harden only knowing how to play one way. Guess we will never find out. Either way it won us a ton of games

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

MDA raises a team's floor but lowers their ceiling. His system (with the right players) was efficient yet predictable. I enjoyed his tenure here but I'm not depressed to see him go either

DeBeards, ROCK3TM4N and BamBam like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think 2016-2017 we overachieved. We were projected to be 7th seed

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

iono brehs... silas is doing a horrible job at tanking.

burlesk, DeBeards, alethios and 5 others like this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden played differently before and after Dantoni. He's playing differently on the Nets. I'm not talking about defense because he only plays defense in the playoffs, but offensively he is playing completely different.

burlesk, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Dantoni is a great coach but has 2 fatal flaws that prevents him from winning a championship. He doesn't think defense at all and he doesn't have a plan B.

Nelly and Jayzers_100 like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden is still with Dantoni with the Nets though. I watch their games, he still runs very similar plays when Harden is on the floor

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets' offense might be 22nd in the NBA right now, but it's unpredictability ceiling is through the roof.

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Exactly. D'antoni will get you a top offense with Harden or Nash running the point, but I don't know if he would do any better with our current crop of guys. Mike had some bad years with the Knicks and Lakers

MettaWorldPete likes this.