1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Decline of the Hangout Forum

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Mango, May 28, 2004.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

After the spinoff of the D&D, the Hangout Forum was supposed to be a higher quality Forum.

When the only Hangout thread that I can justify clicking on is Lil Pun asking about Computer RAM, then something has gone wrong.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well what kind of conversation would you like to have there?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well it is the offseason. I agree, there have been some horrible threads, but over all I still love the hangout.

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

How can you not like, "Do you pee in the shower?" ?

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Is that good or bad for my thread?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Time for some law and order... Mango style.

7. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I thought the pee in the shower thread was one of the most delightful reads we've had in the Hangout in a while. :D

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed, but you are biased, you're the thread starter ;).

9. twhy77

No comment.

:D

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

summer has just begun on the bbs! buck up and hang in there, it'll get better!

:p

11. wiws316

wiws316 Member

Hey!!! its summer people suppose to make stupid thread:D

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

High Quality and Hangout don't exactly go together now do they?

Not enough Big Ass Gordita talk for you Mango?

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Well, the slinging and other questionable activity is supposed to be in the D&D Forum........not in the Hangout Forum.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Exactly.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I noticed this problem after D&D spun off. D&D is too bitter and Hangout is too trivial. There's a space in between the two where intelligent discussion on worthwhile subjects can't be had -- it's too serious for Hangout, but utterly sabotaged by the baboons in D&D.

16. twhy77

Threads I like to see in the D & D. I like MacB's Memories of War thread, were people tell stories....those are cool. I also like phenomenom threads, like the pee the shower thread (I'm waiting till I have more time to start another "concept' thread); just something to goof off with and enjoy during the mundane day of work. I think they also help put a face on the people here. I also like wacky news threads and games people find.

Personally, I'm a sucker for BBS history threads and anything that kind of lets you get to know the people on here better from their histories.

Threads I don't usually click on. The endless computer help threads, threads about specific shows or movies (they just kind of bore me since I usually have seen none of these things).

Suggestions: I think people should put a little more thought into a thread subject, the music threads are good but hard to keep up with (I've learned that from failed music threads) so doing lists is usually a good thing for songs. I mean there's nothing really wrong with any of the thread subjects, I think they are just being presented in a way that doesn't really do anything for anyone.

MacB would be a good one to consult on this, he's a thoughtful thread starter.

17. twhy77

I think a large part of this is, anything slightly controversial that comes into the Hangout automatically is told to take it to the D & D. As far as I'm concerned, the D & D is in a horrible state. Its just people posting the latest articles now, and there really is no debate about anything outside of politics and or sometimes religion.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember in a fire drill training session, the trainer told us that when there's a fire, feel the door nob. If it's hot, DON'T open the door. I haven't opened the D&D door for a loooong time.

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

There is a misconception that the D&D should be restricted to pissing matches. Although there certainly has been an ungodly number of those -- and any political thread seems to degenerate rather quickly -- we should be able to discuss issues with some semblance of respect for each other. Occasionally it happens -- but rarely.

Seems the veteran posters have been starting fewer threads in the Hangout. If they would start and participate more -- the overall quality would go up.

Be the change you want to see!!!

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Great post.

A while back, when the GARM was getting especially bad, there was a call to be part of the solution. Same goes here.

If you just don't care about politics or religion (or just don't care to discuss them), I can't imagine why you'd even click on the D&D. And I can't imagine why a forum you never click on would bother you.

Since some are bothered by the style of the debate I can only guess they have some reason to wish it was better. If you wish it was better and express that wish only by b****ing about how bad it is, you're no better than the apathetic non-voters so convinced that all politicians are liars and **********s that they stay home ensuring the continued election of liars and **********s.

As Clutch (and others) used to say about the GARM, make it better by contributing better posts. Or stop complaining.