1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Decision time?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a la rockets, Jun 6, 2003.

1. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Does any know at what time Van Gundy is to anounce if he accepts the Rockets job?

ALA

2. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Does anybody have a answer now?
    I'm tired of waiting.

ALA

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

Probably Sunday or Monday.

4. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

We are getting a new coach?

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

heres how I see it: If Van Gundy does not announce his decision by tonight or tomorrow night, then he really did leave without his mind made up and its still pretty much up in the air. But I expect him to make a statement through the Chornicle tonight stating he's not going to accept thejob for personal reasons or whatever. Seeing him leave the airport and his responses to the questions gave me the feeling he didn't want the job but before officially turning it down, he wanted to do it in the comfort of his own home, over the phone.. I understand, I would do it that way too, no need to turn Houston down in front of the local media and Dawson face, especially after they rolled out the red carpet and treated his so well.

Though I could be completely wrong and Van Gundy may of went back home to sort out a few things with his future assistants and their family members and his family, and by monday or sometime next week Van Gundy will announce that he has accepted the Houston job.

If the first scenario is true, Van Gundy sucks! If the second is true, Van Gundy rules!!!

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

There was a thread about that last week. I'll see if I can find it...

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

So is Rudy out for next season for sure?? or is this just rumors :eek:

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Rudy's out? Wow, I haven't heard that.

I'm just hoping the Rockets keep their pick and select Yao Ming in the draft.

9. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

whos this Yao Ming guy? :D

10. jli

jli Member

yao who ?

11. Texas Stoke

So nothing coming out of Rocket camp tonight concerning Van Gundy seems to mean that Gundy really is undecided or he wants to be a Rocket but is waiting on something. When he left Houston I was thinking his mind was made up and that being the case I thought he would announce he was not going to accept the Houston job at least by this evening. The reason I say that is there is no way Van Gundy would leave Carrol Dawson hanging like that if he had already decided to not take the job.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Would you guys quit worrying!?

The more I think about it, the more I am sure JVG and the Rockets are working something out with the Knicks, who still have a contract hold on him. Obviously, the Knicks are trying to get a little something (cash or a pick) out of it.

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

The Knicks will want something to get even with Les Alexander for that extra cash consideration during the Shandon Anderson - Rice deal???

14. Texas Stoke

Whoa, I forgot about that. You are absolutely right. you know what, a little of that yankee shrewdness Les showed them during that time may come back to bite him on the ass.. hope not.

15. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Well if the Knicks want a little cash back from Les, I don't object as long as it doesn't affect the cap. Obviously, I have no access to the negotiations, but I was disappointed that he didn't get a first or second rounder out of the Knicks in that trade instead of cash.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I have a feeling JVG is just up north getting his affairs in order. It's only a matter of time now.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

JVG is having an affair? Now *that* would be news... :D

18. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I don't know, but I have a bad feeling the Rockets are going to trade their 3 first rounders to New Jersey for the #7 pick. I heard this rumor, and it looks like they want Eddie Griffin, the freshman from Seton Hall.