1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dealing with Progressive

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Francis3422, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My wife got rear ended last Wednesday. She was not at fault, and the police responded. The driver was cited for suspended license. So anyway, our contact at progressive at first told us that she was having trouble locating the persons policy and now is reporting having no contact with the person.

we have uninsured motorist protection. it’s been seven days. I am just trying to see what y’all think about how long we give progressive before they figure out some shop where we can take it to get assessed. Haven’t ever been an accident like this before really.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Dealing with progressives is the worst.

Amiga, Astrodome, Andre0087 and 5 others like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Keep calling, take notes.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Keep calling. You have to hound them and tell them that you need your car fixed (and maybe a rental while its being fixed).

Jontro likes this.
  5. no_answer

no_answer Member

My car got totalled over the summer when I was rear ended in Dallas. Also had to file under my UIM (under insured). They tried to make me put it under my main insurance, and I had to get a letter MYSELF from USAA for Progressive (my insurance) to make me not pay my deductible. Progressive SUCKKKKKSSSS. Call them a lot, and talk to supervisors and if they dont get back to you call progressive and speak to anyone in claims and tell them no one is calling you back. Call, call, call. I had to handle all of it while doing lots of traveling. It sucked.

#5 no_answer, Oct 12, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Insurance companies already suck. and with inflation across the used car chain, they're paying higher costs for repair, parts, or full car replacement.

It's possible to buy a car 3-4 years ago, getting it totaled, then having the insurance company write a check for more than you paid.

Finding that replacement car though...

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I skid into the back of a sheriff office dispatcher way back and had Progressive. It was a shitshow of the highest level, but they did pay me more than my vehicle was worth. She played her position well also with her "neck and back hurting" so I guess it worked out as well as it could. Soon as they cut that check I cut it off with them.

8. SuraGotMadHops

if you want it fixed quickly, go through your own insurance, who will then go after the other driver's policy and make a subrogation claim, at which point you should get your deductible reimbursed. If you don't want to do all that then you will have to be patient dealing with the other driver's insurance, they give no effs about you or your claim.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You should ask in the D&D to get some volunteers to deal with the progressives.