1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey, NBA issue statements

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 6, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. malakas

malakas Member

It's because I am not in China to be scared for my safety.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Aware

Aware Member

damn, so china really owns the nba like that lol.

well at least we still have the stros

BallSoHarden and Erbnwarfare like this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Daryl was 100% correct. I am disappointed that the nba and rockets made him do this. Pathetic. You’d think standing for human rights wouldn’t make you the bad guy

D-rock and BallSoHarden like this.
  5. Lovemachine2000

Right, the clown ass needs a dictionary.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think this is an apology. It is only an acknowledgement that this tweet has effected the people he worked with. First of all, it would be awkward to apologize because what is there to apologize? His view is his view, his opinions is his thought. His thought is logical, it's not a mistake. His mistake is he chose to express it openly. Now, it is really up to the Chinese companies and sponsors if they still want to work with the Rockets organization through someone whose view is CLEARLY in support of Hong Kong. I doubt it. Either you cut the virus and let the body clear or they don't want to deal with them all together.

My prediction:
    When the Rockets learn they're starting to lose a lot of money, that's when they had to do something.

#106 Yao4REAL, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  7. chinese

chinese Member

Good luck you have your potential to lead the way, I am ready to see how this show ends, and how far your believes can take you after that. At lease DM is using his real name to tweet...

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Has Sliver said anything yet? Yes, I spelled that correctly.

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Oh, I understand history just fine. I understand the concept of the 'useful idiot', and of the professional apologist for an abominable regime. The Chinese people may be fine; their government is a murderous, barbarous, duplicitous group of sociopaths, who fully deserve the horrors their subject population will soon visit upon them.

Because, let's face it, the prospect of these riots spreading throughout China, as the Chinese people realized the insane asset bubble their government has created, the inability of the nascent Chinese middle class to keep their investment capital as CCP repression increases, and the complete utter lack of value their leaders hold for individual Chinese lives: all of that is what really keeps lights on at night for the leaders in China. I think it's hilarious, mainly because I don't live there. Hopefully, you do.

And all it seemingly takes is a tweet by an American sports executive to remind them of that. One of your CCP stooges here at CF tried to make the comparison if Yao was spray painting some silly message about California or Texas seceeding, and would Americans be angry at that. i replied No, we'd laugh at Yao, because in our country celebrities, sports executives, are allowed to have all sorts of silly opinions, and publicly express them. We don't consider their views as having anything to do with our own self image.

We aren't ashamed of who we are. We like liberty and freedom, and we want other people around the world to have it too. We don't like people who try to take that away. Or who try to excuse it when governments try to.

Apologists for such evil, like yourself, are not worth my time, only my contempt.

HakeemOnlyFan, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

If I was a brainwashed chinese, this statement would be kind of a slap in the face.

All this temper tantrum, blackmail and defamation campaign for what? Not even a real sorry but only "I know I hurt your sensibillities"

Nook likes this.
  12. Audioout

Audioout Member

All I read is we lost a war, and this made us butthurt.

Nook, Gray_Jay and malakas like this.
  13. chinese

chinese Member

Let me say I don't think his statement like this can do anything good to the situation. What will be next? I also what to see, guess not anything encouraging.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The Greek Gods were far more vengeful and unsympathetic to their own people than the current regime in China.

malakas likes this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Your post is amazing considering you are actually believing yourself representing more than 1.4 billions people in this world.

Lol.

#115 Texanasiafan, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is not how you deal with a virus

Gray_Jay likes this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

******* right!

America and Democracy First!

#FireTillman

18. chinese

chinese Member

Happen to use this name, I can not barely represent more than 2 persons in my family, lol.
    the legal representative for 1.4 billions people is, many here don't want to see, the communist government in China as the matter of facts.

19. Audioout

Audioout Member

And if it's such a deep historical scar for you guys then why don't you just pretend it didn't happen like you do Tienanmen Square?

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Agree Jack, Silver punked out like a b****.