1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is throwing away the season by keeping McHale as coach.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Nov 15, 2015.

1. JazzLakerHater

I am a full on Morey fan and I still have 100 percent faith in him despite this season. However, I can never fully understand how Morey can build such a stacked roster in a matter of 3 years, but hire such an incompetent coach. Every team has a life span in terms of contending, and we seriously wasting precious time on this completely clueless head coach.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Morey either truly buys into his theory that a head coach is worth no more than 5 wins a season or that's the BS excuse he offers up so he can hire a puppet man like McHale if you believe what some have speculated on here.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

You misspelled "hiding."

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If only the Rockets had an elite, undefeated coach like Luke Walton manning the controls.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm really torn on this topic.

On one hand, I think McHale is doing a bad job on who he has been deciding to play, but on the other hand, the main reason we are losing is because Harden is playing horribly.

I would probably be happy if McHale was replaced, but it won't matter if Harden plays so badly. Unless of course we get a coach who will sit Harden when he is playing badly.

I will say though, I am a big Van Gundy fan, so I'd love to see Thibbs here.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

After a year of Kerr's system taking hold pretty much anyone would do fine for a few months.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

After a year of Mark Jackson's system.. blah blah blah.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Mark Jackson put in a great defense, that may have had some carry over.

9. TheFreak

Ah yes, the ever important 'system'. So basically the Rockets don't need a better coach, they just need a 'system'!

What systems are available that the Rockets could look at acquiring this year?

1 person likes this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Khole Kardaishian? Can we hire her as head coach? lol

11. dmoneybangbang

But but but GS has the ultimate "System" (which no one seems to be able to explain to me when I ask).

It has nothing to do with hitting on multiple lottery picks during their rebuilding period or having a roster composed of players all buying into a team concept.... It's the "System".

12. dmoneybangbang

What is Kerr's "System"?

13. dmoneybangbang

I think folks are going to be disappointed when we get a new coach and I expect a "Fire X Thread!11!!1!" about mid season into that coaches's tenure.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Fire Steve Kerr Thread? Never.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dude are you kidding? Coaches implement systems obviously. Do you watch basketball?

Watch Golden State's offense.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden has got to get his head in the game - I don't think McHale is to blame for Harden's AWFUL play. Kim might be though.

Really disappointed in Harden - the fire is gone - he came into training camp completely unprepared.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale is to blame because he relies on Harden iso too much. This is what we look like when Harden is cold. The Warriors still win when Curry has bad games.

18. TheFreak

Coaches don't implement 'systems' here. The GM does. Do you follow the Rockets?

19. dream2franchise

To add to this, I feel coach's like Thibs and JVG will want to have entire control over personnel the way SVG and Doc do. Less interference by front office.

If McHale goes, I think Finch is next in line unless Les wants that big name.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If Morey thought like the people defending Mchale's job then we would still have Adelman. We wouldn't even have Mchale. Apparently coaches should never be let go and they are not responsible for a thing. We should just trade all the players and keep Mchale that seems logical, lol.