1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is throwing away the season by keeping McHale as coach.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

I honestly believe that. No way a team that stacked 1-10 should be playing this putrid. Lawson has been non-existant because he doesn't have a clue what's going on in this offensive "system"

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i agree Mchale sucks...
    but would Harden listen to anybody? As goes harden, so goes the Rox...

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its not just this season hes throwing away, its all his blood, sweat, tears and hard work hes put in to get to this point to create a roster like this.

He is his own undoing with idea of 'coaching doesnt make that much of a difference in the NBA'. Victim of his own genius.

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Thibs and coach k. Harden seemed to always be around Thibs during US bball

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

Honestly you're right.

Like, I really wonder what goes through Morey's head when watching this team run an "offense"

It is majority Harden iso's. I don't get how he thinks that is capable of winning a title.

6. RyanB

RyanB Member

this is his true test honestly

if he keeps McFail it would be a complete disaster

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

But, but, but what happened to In Maury We Trust? :(

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

Good question. Days ago he told ESPN that Lawson is playing excellent.

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

What was going through his head when he implemented a "system" where the team would jack up a record number of 3 pt attempts without one good 3 pt shooter

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

Math. You don't need the best shooters for it to work. But Rockets don't even have enough average shooters for it to work.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That does not excuse his atrocious shooting and inability to attack the hole for lay ups or free throws. You are a professional - shoot-make, drive-attack, drive and dish.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't morey currently traveling in europe?

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I hope the season-ticket holders demand a refund. That'll show Les.

It's not as if the players are trying. Nor are the coaches trying other schemes. Playing our rookies may make the game more watchable even.

1 person likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The team is throwing it away altho nothing has been lost so far

We write the year 2015.... if before 2018 or in 2018 there is no championship then Morey should take responsibilty and leave this place

as a fan I do not mind him being our lifetime GM but one has to go to other places to stay hungry and re-invent himself
    (He can do it in Houston but I doubt it. Either him or Alexander one must go. I hope it is Alexander)

1 person likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

It'll be mauri. As long as the Rockets are profitable, Alexander will never let it gooo... let it gooo...

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He would just not Mchale because everyone knows he's clueless as a in game situational coach.

17. jdjd

jdjd Member

This is the same point I made in another thread, Harden played totally inspired when he was playing for coach K.

Tonight Mchale took too long coming back with T. Jones in the forth, trying to make his "small ball" system work.

IMO we should always have a combination that includes two bigs and and space the floor anyway. T. Jones can hit the three, and M. Harrell can hit the long two.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Is it McHale's fault the roster doesn't have better three point shooters? It's been glaring need for years.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Defense is a issue so his rebounding, free throw shooting, the turnovers I mean there is too many issues... this points to coaching.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

When he's surrounded by All NBA talent & up against players who aren't good enough to play in the NBA.