1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Antoni on Wojnarowski podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmelo, Jul 15, 2019.

1. anchel

anchel Member

yep... also in the playoffs. Self-deception.

2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Westbrook runs faster

D-rock likes this.
  3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

There is no scouting staff in the NBA that would have said CP3 was worse than Westbrook in 2019.

You would HAVE to assume CP3 falls off a massive cliff compared to Westbrook who is also declining. Ridiculous assumption.

BeBreezy and ilias like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

He basically said what I been saying about the season....that people was overflowing this tension. N that the reason some of the tension was people of the injurys(meaning once harden had to activate killer mode it's hard to go back to a guy coming back from a injury when the seasons on the line n u the better player) my point is this is obvious. Like people are people. If a guy comes back to my job from say a stroke I'm not trusting that he can handle a physical job until months maybe even a year. It's just human nature.

N facts like I ways lol when someone says harden is a product of Mike's system when he knows that this ain't even his system lol. Like did people even watch the suns. This is nothing like that lol

N simply like I agree with, iso is the way to go. Sure u can be gsw, but people do realize that's not the only way to win right(were was this beautiful move the ball offense when cabs beat gsw) basically any team lbj has won on is iso drive n kick not some beautiful motion offense lol. Just the fact he had 2 other stars

N harden would of played with cp3 this year easy. Things change when a younger better childhood comes on the market....so yall wouldnt do that lol. Be real.

N also I'm actually in the minority thinking that u can win with mda.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait huh u saying cp3 was better then russ last year...lol stop..man did do a triple double. Yea that's not the end all be all but he still averaged more points reb n assist then cp3. So I guess cp3 is a better shooter lol that's about it. But again Giannis is trash too shooting. U can overcome that with burst n physically be bigger stronger faster

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

25K fine coming?

amaru likes this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Woj is a great interviewer.

8. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Is DAntoni gonna get fined too? He mentions Westbrook.

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks!

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

One of the best sports interviews I've heard in a while. He actually hit on a lot of great topics and D'Antoni actually allowed it. MDA walked the Paul/Westbrook tightrope pretty well. You can tell he has great respect for Paul, and it seems like he can't wait to work with Crazy Russell.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Got a chance to finally listen to this. Great interview. Also, thanks @justtxyank for compiling the bullet points.

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

mike d antoni got his extension.

if the rockets don't start off real hot then it's "all or none" and it's time to humilate mike dantoni and they need to fire him in middle of the season.