1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Nero

Nero Member

Well, he already has HIS mind made up! LOL

I don't think I would want good ol' Dale to be on MY jury if I was accused of a crime..

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I gotta give it to Hansen. His Unplugged segment on Michael Sam was spot on about the reasons while Sam can't find a team to give him a chance but a Greg Hardy can even after being convicted of domestic violence. Dale exposes the total hypocrisy of the entire NFL establishment on the issues of domestic violence and criminality and I applaud him for his ability to speak truth to power.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Beautifully put.

The Cowboys have no shame and should be called out for their decisions.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Odd how some people's legal standards of guilt change from case to case.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just win baby!!

6. bigtexxx

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If the justice department has enough evidence they don't need the girl to prosecute and send him to jail. Let them do their job and let the fans cheer for their team. I don't know to many Ravens fans wanting to return the 2 super bowl trophies they won with Ray Lewis. I'll continue cheering for my team to acquire the best talent available and win games. I'll leave the justice system to the courts.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

10. bigtexxx

my point stands

fyi I find it odd that you defend the Cowboys here

11. Nero

Nero Member

That particular judge has come under fire for years for corruption and cronyism. Not saying that has anything to do with this case, but it is something to ponder when the judge unhesitatingly found him guilty, and yet the prosecutors dropped the case when it came to a jury trial, seeing as how the girl's testimony was all they had, whatever evidence there was, was not enough to build a case.

The point of all this is, when you look at the actual details of this case, it is not as open-and-shut a case as so many people are assuming.

Maybe he DID 'beat up his girlfriend', as people are enjoying saying lately, and maybe a leopard can't change its spots, and maybe this blows up in the Cowboys' faces.

But MAYBE the guy is actually innocent. It's something to consider. And if he IS innocent, wouldn't you care about that - you know, the truth and all?

Fact is though, we probably will never really know either way, because the alleged victim received money and now refuses to pursue the charges.

If he's a bad guy, then his true colors will show eventually.

But if he is innocent, then all he can do is keep moving forward, and try to keep his head up and get past it all.

Look, I hesitate to engage in this conversation at all, because I know there is a certain segment of people who already 'know' what happened, and have already passed judgment, and will therefore think I am defending a woman-beater. But I am not defending the guy - I am just not going to act as though I know what happened in this case, especially after trying to do due diligence and look at what information there actually is about this case.

It's just pretty thin, and I am not going to join the crowd that already 'knows' what happened.

If he turns out to be a bad guy, I will be the first one clapping on his way out the door. But until that time.. benefit of the doubt, that's all.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The most compelling part wasn't the witness backing the victims story... It was the claim that the victim got all the bruises from throwing herself in the bath tub... Clearly a Perry Mason moment.

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why should the Cowboys be responsible for doing the job of the justice department?

If there is enough evidence against Hardy then the courts should continue on with the prosecution. The justice department dropped the case because without the alleged victim's testimony, there wasn't enough concrete evidence to prosecute in front of a jury.

14. HillBoy

And maybe he just likes to press wildflowers, pet bunnies and take long walks on the beach in the moonlight. Innocent? GIVE ME A BREAK! All you need to do is listen to the neighbor's 911 call where they tell the police that Hardy is beating his GF's a** AGAIN. Sheesh! Look, this guy is dangerously unbalanced and violent to the point where his medications doesn't always work. For God sakes, the guy has an alter-ego named the "Kracken" and as his former team mates will attest, the "Kracken" became more and more the dominant personality as the 2013 season rolled along. Add in the fact that he has a past history of numerous episodes and weird behavior and it's plain to me that were it not for the fact that the NFL could exploit his physical talents, he'd be locked away in a psychiatric hospital or jail. I shudder to think what will happen once the NFL is done using him and he has to abide by the rules of society which, apparently don't apply to the wealthy, politicians, athletic or guys who assault women.

You know, Dale Hansen summed up this entire situation when he said: Jerry Jones' own daughter is the NFL's "Personal Conduct Advisory Committee". So if a man had beaten her up, the owner would be OK with that man on his team if he could "play". But this is nothing new for the Cows who have on their roster a guy who drove drunk and killed his best friend and a guy who stole from a dept store (and later got into his own "altercation" with his GF/baby momma). All they need now is to add that "affluenza" kid and they'll have hit the trifecta.

15. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I don't know why you or anyone else is surprised. This is Jerry Jones we're talking about here.

Look...NFL owners, GMs and coaches are under tremendous pressure to win in this league. Some teams will go to great lengths and sign talented players that have prior criminal histories or at least questionable character...if that's what it takes to win a Super Bowl, so be it. They'll take the initial PR hit.

16. Nook

Nook Member

NO NO NO!

Like Nero said!

One day his girlfriend decided to throw herself into the bathtub.

Her avoiding showing up for the criminal trial.... that is coincidence...

The judge was clearly on the take..... man Hardy really got shafted, he is a good guy...... solid citizen.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Lol. If the texans signed hardy to the same deal everyone would be cautious but optimistic. And wouldn't rush blame but give benefit of the doubt. I highly doubt any Texan fan would be in outrage at their own team. Even further if hardy resigned in carolina no conversation would be held here.

This signing is nothing but another way to hate the cowboys which many people love and enjoy to do.

18. Nook

Nook Member

If Hardy signed with the Texans fans of the team would hope he did well... and I don't doubt Hardy plays well for the Cowboys.... but that doesn't change the fact that he is a piece of ****. You can root for the Cowboys to win and be a fan, just don't try and kick dirt over the reality of what the Cowboys did and who Hardy is, like Nero did.

The Cowboys decided that they would tolerate having a piece of **** on their team to win, because winning was more important.

19. HillBoy

You forget the part where she pointed the gun in his hand at her head and made him threaten to kill her. No, wait! That wasn't Hardy - it was the Kraken. My bad...

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Kind of like the ravens with lewis? Or vikings with peterson (so far)? Or t.jones with the rockets?

Your right winning is more important. That is practically true with almost every professional team.

For all intents and purposes he is a serious piece of shiit. but no one really cares. Not you not me not bigtexxx. We aren't posing in the greg hardy thread. We might have been outraged when it happened but we all moved on.

Signs with Dallas and we all care again. Only because it's significant to his we feel towards said team he signed with. Like i said non story if signed with carolina or Tampa.

But i agree. He's a POS and cowboys would rather win than not have him.