1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good luck with McFadden. One of the biggest wastes of talent ever. For one year with Hue Jackson he looked like the best RB in the league. After that, it was like he lost any semblance of vision he ever had. For the past three years his best skill is to take the ball and run straight into the guard's ass and fall down after a 1 yard gain.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

lolololololol

3. conquistador#11

you can have the best offensive line but if you put samkawn gato or a running back with no idea where to hit the holes, he is still going to be samkawn gato. better get to dealin', jerra.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Looks like the Cows are about to sign Greg Hardy (with the alter ego named "Kracken") who brutally pistol whipped his girlfriend, bought her off and got away with it to their roster. And why not? After all, they already have a guy on the roster who went driving while drunk and killed his best friend so why not add a bipolar guy who physically assaults women? I'm sure their PR spin will no doubt reference the fact that "He didn't kill her".

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per source, Bucs have lost interest in DE Greg Hardy. So unless someone else gets involved, he'll apparently be a Cowboy.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578246585076834304">March 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  6. rockets018

rockets018 Member

It's called second chances. Since when do you know all the facts of the situation, and even better, since when are you able to judge one on their actions?

People make mistakes everyday, and many deserve second chances.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I agree that people deserve second chances to live their lives, but is playing football a right or a privilege? Someone capable of doing the things he's alleged to have done might not deserve the right to play football professionally. I don't think it's a black and white issue, but I certainly think it merits a discussion.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's a one-year deal for Greg Hardy in Dallas, that can be worth up to $13.1 million but that has a minimum base salary.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578280570133835776">March 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Minimum base salary? Virtually no cap hit. Sweet. Resign Ro and bring in AP and that's about a damn perfect offseason.. Lets gooooooo.

We can franchise him next year assuming a long term deal for Dez gets done by then.

#569 Aceshigh7, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Can't franchise or transition tag him. Clause in his contract lets him become a unrestricted free agent next year

11. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Solid point. It just irritates me when people take it upon themselves to declare how a persons actions should be punishable. Albeit, I do it myself at times haha

My hope is that guys like this get second chances and make something of themselves, while righting their wrongs.

Of course this happens minority of the time, but I am happy to see guys like this get a second chance.

12. Nero

Nero Member

Everybody thought the Cowboys were nuts to take on a head case like Rolando McClain last year, and the guy became basically the defensive MVP of the team.

You never know.

I don't know the facts about Hardy's case, but I am not terribly hopeful that his time will turn out well there. I kind of get the sense that the charges against him were the result of a coked-up gold-digger looking to get paid, but even if that WAS the case, Hardy still put himself in a bad position to begin with, not to mention his home being filled with guns.

Crossing my fingers that it goes well, but I am not betting the farm on it.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well he's going to get a 4-6 game suspension and most likely won't reach all the incentives on his contract because of that. So very team friendly for the Boys

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think this is a great sign for us. Especially the way the contract is written up. If he is a nutcase or messes up again, who cares? cut him or dont play him and let him go. Prove me contracts are great for bringing determination and extra incentive to play great. And honestly thats all i care about. If he plays badly, gets hurt, gets arrested its nothing to us. bye felicia. and if he plays great than awesome for us again. try and re-sign him

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/RDubThree">@RDubThree</a>: Correction <a href="https://twitter.com/Spags52">@Spags52</a> reports Hardy will count $3.2M against 2015 cap. He was in the room, so I’m going w/him...my man Roy</p>&mdash; Mickey Spagnola (@Spags52) <a href="https://twitter.com/Spags52/status/578317610716004352">March 18, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Dallas, the home of second chances.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Unbelievable that Dallas took on hardy. It just shows they don't care a bit about domestic violence. There's a reason Carolina and almost every other nfl team didn't want him. Is there no line the Cowboys won't cross?

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Nero

Nero Member

Have you actually looked at the 'evidence' in the case? What little there is, indicates the girl in question had no marks or bruises of any kind, AND had cocaine in her system during the event in question.

Now I don't doubt that there was some kind of altercation, but there is a reason the phrase 'coked-up party-girl looking to get PAID' has been thrown around regarding this case.

I'm not saying that is definitely what happened (because I don't know and don't claim to know), and Hardy clearly has some issues off the field, no question. But, once the girl DID (allegedly) get PAID, suddenly she is no longer interested in testifying against him.

Before passing judgment on this issue, I did try to at least find any actual facts available on this case, and there really are none out there.

But looking at it logically, when the original conviction was given (by a judge ONLY, based solely upon the girl's accusation and testimony), and when Hardy requested a jury trial, the conviction was nullified. And THEN, since the girl refused to testify during the jury trial, the case was dropped. This means the prosecution had NO actual evidence to convict the guy, and the case relied completely upon her testimony and nothing else.

Again, I stress that I have ZERO knowledge of the case other than what can be easily gleaned from Google.. but, it is certainly within the realm of possibility that this guy is not guilty of the heinous crime of which he was accused.

And, as far as lines being crossed, it's basically a free look. If the guy turns out to NOT be as bad a guy as so many knee-jerk people are so quick to say, then he basically earns his paycheck week to week. And if he IS a bad guy, or messes up again, or gets banned or whatever, then they can cut ties with him at a very low cost.

So basically they are saying 'Ok, we'll take a look, legally you are not guilty of any crime, you claim innocence, you are extremely talented, and we are not on the hook for a ton of money if things don't pan out.' Doesn't really seem like such a 'line-crossing' after all.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AWiB54tXemc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>