1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D.Montiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Oct 19, 2019.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Allow me to rephrase. I have never seen a scrubish player with as many fans as this guy that's not from a country with 1.4 billion on earth.

malakas likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For 72 straight games Donuts was snagging tough passes from the Beard and was able to quickly catch, make a move and finish 3-7 foot jump hooks at an incredible efficiency. This is MASSIVE in the playoffs when NBA defense cut off the dunks. You have to be able to hit the weird little in-between shots, ala Antawn Jamison.

Donatas is one of the best I ever seen at the 3-7 footer, and offensively would be a perfect fit for a backup C, to help Westbrook specifically. He can handle the little halfback toss passes and still make a quick move and finish. He can also see the floor and play out of the high post.

He takes charges and sacrifices his body. He plays hard. He cares. I would love to see him here as opposed to Stein/Nene/Clark, but that’s just me. I think he could help. I bet D’Antoni feels the same.

#22 RudyTBag, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    DaDakota and napalm06 like this.
  3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No one with a reasonable basketball IQ, that has watched the Rockets closely for the last decade, would call Donatas Motiejunas a scrub.

We have 72 games in a season where he was likely the 2nd best player behind James Harden. He showed real effectiveness on both ends he was healthy.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

*sigh*
    Dmo's best season was 55%TS at 12ppg. His career TS% is 52%.Incredible efficiency lol

Capela in comparison shot 65%TS last year at 16.6ppg.

Ladies and gentlemen selective memory at work here.

D-rock and Patience like this.
  5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You gotta watch the games Mr. Basketball Reference...

No one is impressed with you percentage plucking. Most people here actually watched him. Those Clint percentages can get shut down come playoff time. You need to be able to hit different types of shots.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What is Clint’s percentage when catching a contested pass, making a quick move and draining a 6 foot shimmy jump hook?

That’s what I thought... (Love ya Clint)

DaDakota likes this.
  7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I watched every single one of those games i guarantee you. He was a scrub that had one semi good year shooting the 3 at a fluky percentage that he never managed to replicate again. He wasn't even a good finisher, poor rebounder and had a shot flatter than a pre puberty school girl. He had some nifty post moves, i'll give him that but Luis Scola he was not.

T Jones> Dmo

I was on the right side of History. Still believe.

8. psaman17

psaman17 Member

What's Michael Jordan's percentage shooting a fadeaway step back 3 while highly intoxicated and completely gassed gambling in vegas the night before? It doesn't matter!!

I know what Capela's shooting percentage is when he gets the ball near the rim. He flush that **** down. Who the hell needs to shoot a shimmy 6 foot hook? Those shimmy 6 foot fading hook is the reason why as a 7footer he shot under 50% for his career.

Patience likes this.
  9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

o_O

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Chinese basketball league is in week one of 46. Regular season ends March 11th. Try then....if D-Mo
    doesn’t make the CBA playoffs.

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

How often does Clint get the ball near the rim in the playoffs? Against GSW?

In the playoffs, as I already described, having a big that can make a variety of unstoppable floaters and hooks, at a good efficiency relative to that type of shot, is extremely valuable.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What I am about to say may shock everyone

however

there is no "n" in Motiejunas

malakas and Patience like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Prefer Spalding or Zhou Qi over D-mo.

Both are younger, greater wingspan, better rim protectors and run floor better.

Like both guys better than Hartenstein too.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Except the one at the end.

This thread is DD approved!

DD

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

montiyunes?

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We should further tap into the Lithuanian market.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Monte christo.
    Montezuma